Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Things Like This That Make Me Glad I Don't Play Fighting Games

AdunSaveMe

Go on and play fighting games, you don't have to be a pro to enjoy a game. I play plenty of fighting games and I'm not nearly as good as any of the professional players, doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing the games.

With that mindset you wouldn't play any game, there will always be someone better than you. DO-NOT-LIMIT-YOUR-ENJOYMENT! JUST-DO-IT!!!

I just play and get into fighting games for the fanservice and good combat mechanics. Nothing wrong with it as long as you enjoy playing the genre. If you want a good basis of fighting games along with the gist of it, try Skullgirls. Of course this might be a biased opinion, but i won't deny it, Skullgirls is a damn good game if you cast aside the fanservicey stuff just like Warframe.

Other than that, Warframe and Xcom all the way.

Go on and play fighting games, you don't have to be a pro to enjoy a game. I play plenty of fighting games and I'm not nearly as good as any of the professional players, doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing the games.

Never got into them because it's not the kind of game I can be good at. I can be good at a MOBA or average at CS:GO but fighting games like MKX require a certain degree of reaction, skill and patience that I do not have. Sure you don't necessarily have to be pro to enjoy a game, but if you're terrible at it, it's a lot less fun.

They're pros. They're composed both out of concentration and unwillingness to show tells.

That's $&*&*#(%& lol. I mean, they're not even looking at each other, they could be making goofy faces and the other guy would never know, especially because their eyes are glued to the screen.

Could you link me to the studies that prove that cracking a smile, or just acting human really, can totally give away the string of buttons you're about to press in a video game? I'm going to assume you said that based on something I don't know, because I don't follow the competitive gaming world. Also, I could use the laugh xD

Edited by DarkTails

That's $&*&*#(%& lol. I mean, they're not even looking at each other, they could be making goofy faces and the other guy would never know, especially because their eyes are glued to the screen.

Could you link me to the studies that prove that cracking a smile, or just acting human really, can totally give away the string of buttons you're about to press in a video game? I'm going to assume you said that based on something I don't know, because I don't follow the competitive gaming world. Also, I could use the laugh xD

Why do you seem to think people need to show emotion all the time? They're concentrating on a game. It's perfectly normal. And if you show that you're frustrated or confident, your opponent can take advantage of that. It's not about the buttons they'll press; it's about reading what they'll do so you can counter and bait their actions.

That doesnt make sense, how can it not be about pressing buttons, but it's about countering and baiting, when you have to press buttons to counter and bait? It's a video game, not MMA lol.

And I'm surprised at their lack of emotion while playing a game because its a completely alien concept to me. I'm watching pod people here lol. Have you ever played any kind of fighting game with your friends? Theres always yelling and cheering and crying and people smacking each other with pillows to mess each other up, it's great. This is so sterile.

Anyway, thanks for the peek into a strange new world, OP.

Edited by DarkTails

That doesnt make sense, how can it not be about pressing buttons, but it's about countering and baiting, when you have to press buttons to counter and bait? It's a video game, not MMA lol.

You implied it was about specifically about giving away the string of buttons they're about to press, when in actual fact it's about giving away how aggressive they're going to be, what they will and won't fall for and what they'll be open to.

And I'm surprised at their lack of emotion while playing a game because its a completely alien concept to me. I'm watching pod people here lol. Have you ever played any kind of fighting game with your friends? Theres always yelling and cheering and crying and people smacking each other with pillows to mess each other up, it's great. This is so sterile.

A fighting game with your friends is nowhere near a pro match being played for fame and prizes.

And it's not like they're permanently dead-eyed. They go back to normal when they're not concentrating on the competition. It's the same with basically any competitive sport played at a high level.