Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Kind Of Movies Do You Prefer?

EternalOdyessy

I honestly don't watch movies that much. I've only seen Matrix, the entire Alien franchise, and Seventh Son.

This is a general question to you all, but what kind of movies do you prefer?

Edit: And a specific movie of that kind? I'm going to try to look into more movie watching, when I have the time.

Edited by EternalOdyessy

I can honestly say no recent movies have impressed me in any way, though my favorites consist of comedy, an action, and a political drama:

Three Fugitives (1988 lung destroying feel good comedy (up yours, Twins))

Forbidden Kingdom (Movie interpretation of Journey to the West, the first time I heard of Sun Wukong, consists of prominent actors such as Jackie Chan and Jet Li and I enjoy it very much so)

The Company You Keep (Shia LaBeouf and Robert Redford. Redford's basically an ex con trying to prove himself innocent from a crime apparently committed many years prior to the events of the movie while LaBeouf plays a journalist trying to get information on him)

Edited by LazerSkink

I'm open to most kind of movies, aside from western and/or serious dramas.

I typically prefer animated movies, if there's one that is good, I'd go for that.

Have you watched any Animatrix movies? I've been curious about them, since they're similar to the Matrix idea. If you have, is there any you could recommend to me?

Horror and Sci-Fi.

The Thing has to be one of my all-time favorite movies.

It's probably why I like the concept of the Infested/Technocyte Virus in Warframe/Dark Sector. And absolutely love The Filth in The Secret World. The Filth makes my skin crawl.

Edited by Sixnalia

I would say Interstellar and Inception, I also liked A Clockwork Orange, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Great Gatsby, and Perks of Being A Wallflower. These are some of the movies I really liked. But I'm generally okay with movies 'cept the too cheesy, too dramatic ones.

Horror and Sci-Fi.

The Thing has to be one of my all-time favorite movies.

It's probably why I like the concept of the Infested/Technocyte Virus in Warframe/Dark Sector. And absolutely love The Filth in The Secret World. The Filth makes my skin crawl.

That movie is glorious. I thought they would bomb the prequel they did in 2013? but it was AMAZING! it kept true with the original on how they found the swedes. Also the game was excellent; although the ending act was a bit too much.

Sunshine is also one of those movies that hit me hard.

That movie is glorious. I thought they would bomb the prequel they did in 2013? but it was AMAZING! it kept true with the original on how they found the swedes. Also the game was excellent; although the ending act was a bit too much.

Sunshine is also one of those movies that hit me hard.

Yeah. The prequel held up incredibly well. I was worried the CGI would water it down, but they used actual costumes and added CGI to fill in some parts. The "Making Of" for it was pretty fun to watch. 

And claustrophobic space movies, yummy! I especially like the Event Horizon with Sam Neil and Laurence Fishburne.

The Alien series, Europa Report, or even The Sphere. I loved all of those too. 

While not done all in space, as the majority of the movie is about past events leading to the far future, Hellraiser: Bloodline had a great design for an "eerie ship". That and I just love the Cenobites. 

On a side note: Any movie with Bruce Campbell. Bubba Ho-Tep, the Evil Dead series, and even My Name Is Bruce. 

To add, Jeffrey Combs comes in as my favorite horror movie actor, even if all his work is generally B-Movie stuff. 

From Beyond, The Re-Animator movies, the Frighteners, Motivational Growth, and the remakes for House on Haunted Hill. His voice is just stellar in all the voice-acting he has done for video games. He can always deliver a feeling of a senile individual who knows just a little too much. If anyone has played The Secret World, he's the head scientist in the Illuminati for your initiation(he shoots you up with LSD!). As well as the head of Innsmouth Academy.

Edited by Sixnalia

It's hard to say what type of movie I prefer. There's a time and a place for most genres, so I guess my overall taste would just be considered eclectic.

Animated, adventurous, fun, energetic, etc. movies will always have a special place in my heart. I've also always loved movies that focused more on animals since I was little, like many of Disney's older works (such as The Lion King) and stuff like Homeward Bound.

That said, my favorite movie is Gladiator. I know that much. It's the complete opposite of those things I listed, but it's just so darn good.

I have no clue about my second, third, and so on favorites, though, since I'm so terrible at picking favorites. My guess would be that it's either Disney's Robin Hood or Balto, but stuff like Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, and John Carpenter's The Thing are way up there too.