Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Are Humans?

vrdwrst

I’m not positive on this one, but it seems that the Orokin are humans that have been heavily genetically modified to have traits that would let them run a solar system wide empire. Genetic modification clearly exists in Warframe. The genes of the Grineer miner who survived being crushed by a Gorgon (or any other giant machine gun) in the Lancer imprint could be used for “the next batch” of Grineer. Darvo is 105. I always thought the Orokin were aliens along with the Sentient, but then I read through the Synthesis entries. No one ever calls them aliens. The Orokin are just rulers of an Empire. The narrator in the Crewman synthesis even sees “Ballas, the man...” not “Ballas, the thing” or “Ballas, the alien”. Calling Ballas a man, along with the humanoid physique of the Orokin, says that they are humans.

Orokin don’t have direct families. The Anti Moa entry narrator’s Orokin father says that “Things were done differently back then.” There are also several references to corpus as a group of people, as in “They’re corpus to us” and “You and your corpus will pay dearly.” Before I go further, the definition of a species is a group of animals that can reproduce. This Orokin had a child. He is scientifically Homo Sapiens, along with the other Colonists. Human is human. Yes, there have been lots of changes over time, but whatever humans are in this era, that Orokin is their species. (Unless the mother is Orokin too, I guess.)

Back to the corpus. We don’t know anything about what a corpus is, so this is just my speculation. I think that a group of Orokin would get together and recombine their genes to grow another child. The group of people who put their genes into the mix are that child’s corpus. The father of the earlier narrator mentions “The corpus that raised me.” Not family, but people acting as one. By extension, the members of the present day Corpus faction would be  semi-descendants of the Orokin, either the sons of the surviving Orokin or regular people trying to match their genes to Orokin ones, giving themselves the honorary title of Corpus. Either way, it explains their obsession with Orokin stuff. As a little side note, the Anti Moa entry may confirm that some Orokin survived the Tenno attack from the Stalker’s codex entry. The child asks if the father “Misses the Empire”. The Empire has collapsed, but this man is Orokin and alive.

So. Humans? Mostly, I think. Just not aliens.

Yes, the Orokin are humans. They might be post-humans, but they are human. Just like the Corpus. They also have long lifespans. And there, to date, aren't any aliens in warframe.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

It's known that this is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar into the future of the events of Dark Sector and that it uses our planets and not rando made-up ones that have showned that orokin along with everyone in the current game are purely human(albeit some might be more twisted than others). Just think Dead Space went off the rails. They are still human yes, but different as they are dead.

I didn't realize it was even in question that the Orokin were human.

The question's based on older speculation, when we didn't have the Synthesis to tell us otherwise.

The Orokin were indeed humans, biologically modified to achieve some state of idealism, but humans nonetheless. Their descendants, the Corpus and Colonists, and their creations, the Grineer and Tenno, are human as well, though the latter falls into a more uncertain state of things given we don't know exactly how much went into altering them (cloning and Void exposure respectively) during their creation.

It's known that this is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar into the future of the events of Dark Sector and that it uses our planets and not rando made-up ones that have showned that orokin along with everyone in the current game are purely human(albeit some might be more twisted than others). Just think Dead Space went off the rails. They are still human yes, but different as they are dead.

The Dark Sector part's pretty much been declared non-canon at this point, and even if it wasn't DE's earliest stance on the two's always been that they're so far separated by time that there's no impact of one on the other.

I didn't realize it was even in question that the Orokin were human.

Well why it may not be question we should discuss this if their is one person out their who has question or has information we might get overlook might help better picture after all

The Tenno were not really made by the orokin,now don't get me wrong I do understand that the Tenno and warframe came to be a weapon used by the orokin

But people who travel into the void and were afflicted by it or changed as we know when they returned those were the people use to inhabit the warframe.

I feel like he 1st Tenno were accident now truly on purpose.

Now just in consideration I do believe future Tenno were on purpose and made by the orokin

So I might be wrong but the Tenno are orokins right while we may not be considers orokin but Tenno are we not called that cause we follow the Tenno way of sword and gun

Now I am understanding their are 2 groups of Tenno those that were the 1st and then those that follow after because the eye says they used the twisted few and as of now we know their are many.

The 1st few might have just came to be

The 2nd were intentionally created

Which can help be supported why we have numbers on us

But yeah if orokin are human that make us human maybe?

Their humans 100% sure. The lore supports it. The old question was whether the Sentients where human or the Orokin human. We now know the sentients aren't human so the Orokin HAVE to be human. Or a evolved human.

Also yes Tenno where once humans or are still humans.

(My personal belief is that we are humans who are extreeemely crazy after the Orokin turned us into Tenno, and kill things for fun)

Edited by Feallike

Also yes Tenno where once humans or are still humans.

(My personal belief is that we are humans who are extreeemely crazy after the Orokin turned us into Tenno, and kill things for fun)

I also think the Tenno affliction is their sanity being questionable and the energy they have within. I imagine they would have dangerous energy arcing off of their body, like a solar flare from the sun.

Well then. Obvious thread is obvious. Did you think the stuff about the Corpus was correct?

Very much so. I see the corpus that survived through the Grineer Rebellion and Great Plague as having been reduced to scavengers, that we see in the Anti Moa Synthesis, on the run from the Grineer Empire authority that ruled over Origin. As time passed, though, the Grineer and their misunderstanding of cloning technology - or simple inability to repair it properly - led to a lot of problems for them.

Enter those corpus and their retained knowledge of Orokin technology - including the cloning methods the Orokin had used to create the Grineer and maintain the machines. They helped the Grineer out, but at a cost - taking money and even territory from them. Eventually all this led to the foundation of an organization that would be named after the familial units of old and the ones from which it was formed: the Corpus Corporation.