Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Buy More Items / Bundles With Plat From The Market If The Prices Got Discounted?

_Medo_

It would depend on how much I want something from the market and if the mythical 75% off discount popped up for me. I make all my platinum through trading and selling. If it's obtainable through game play I will farm my butt off before considering buying with plat. A good example of that is after 30+ attempts at getting Trinity systems I got feed up and went to the trade channel and waited for a reasonable price (ended up buying it for 25plat.) But if I want something from the market I can usually wait to earn enough plat (Although I did buy 40 plat for the Valkyr pre-corpus skin because it's AWESOME.)

Edited by GenerationX3

Sure things might be overpriced hear or their but I find them more "old priced" and needing updating rather than anything purposeful. After all the reward system for logging in has needed updating, the Stalker has needed updating, and Frost Prime/Mag Prime icons have been in the market forever since only a few months ago being taken out. This is something very small and personalty again just find it needing updating, even if they didn't however I wouldn't complain since again they are not "forcing" me to pay for anything and even if some items are a pain to get and take hours on end Ill always appreciate that kind of choice.

Still though you'v brought something that many people might not even conceder in this game to light, hopefully it will (if people agree) get the updating it needs or you'll get a response from someone explaining why the system is the way it is for most likely various reasons involving the game needing funds like we all know is important. Either way interesting topic.

You guys really have to realize that de earns money when someone buy platinum, not if you buying something from the marketplace.

Things like an trading chat in an f2p game where you can trade for an form of premium currency, creates a need for taking out some of the special shiny super duper currency. these happens via ingame marktplaces in these kind of f2p games (you buy your plat from de, you "burn" it for your "overpriced" soma or farm for it, buy soma prime later for 120p and the seller burns it for new colors, mantis or these archwing weapons he's not willing to farm because... you know... archwing...).

If people allowed to sell some of the stuff for plat, they earn the money for an dev. but the currency is still in circle, so you have to pretend a situation where nearly everyone has tons of it, to keep player buying these currency. especially if you have things like 25/50/75% discounts for plat as an log in bonus.

What kind of question is this

Lower price -> of course more units sold

I know I'm committing a $&*^ move to say this, but no shots fired, only education purposes. 

In Marketing, that's a fallacy. It doesn't work that way, I cannot give you the theory part or research part, because that cause me too much time.

However I can give you an example, Rolex, luxury watches. If they lower the price and start selling cheap versions of it that everyone can afford (Which they did not too long ago and learned the lession), its existing customer will not be happy. The price does not only reflect the product but other things as well, glory is an example, proud is an example, bragging rights is an example. And aside from the customer, such act also means that the company is walking into a new market without preexisting knowledge in this target customers. It just doesn't work that easy for business and marketing...

Its a simple problem. And it's not that DE doesn't want to fix it but I honestly think they don't know how.

It is in my opinion a healthy market place when the most expensive items cost close to the most expensive platinum bundle (4300 plats @ 50 USD). The discount reward is another issue but that's separate. DE's market place has tried to follow this pricing guide and I believe it is correct ie this is the "baseline price" they want their items to be. 

What the problem is however is that the real world severely undervalues the market. In an ideal world vectis prime might be selling for 400p while vectis in the market would cost 225. It's not happening. See my point? DE needs to think of a way to fix their economy and they don't quite yet (from what I am hearing) know where to start without getting 80% of the kids to cry and rage quit the game.

265p for a Soma ?

Well lets break this down with other market costs : 

7x morphics = 70p

850x plastids = 90p

1,200 rubedo = 90p

8,000 salvage = 90p

Weapon slot = 6p  (12p halved)

Catalyst = 20p

Rush = 50p

Total : 416p + 50k in credits to buy the BP and 15k in credits to build.

So really, 265p compared to other market prices sounds pretty good deal.

But yes you can just play the game and find this stuff, it just depends on if you want it now, if you can wait, and just how much time you have available to play it. Remember not everyone can sink 1,000 hours in WF, and if those guys are having fun and don't mind spending some cash I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to buy the weapon for what is really a fair price.

You're also considering your time spent playing the game is free as well, so consider the market price an arbitrary value of the time it takes to find everything required to create it yourself.

265p for a Soma ?

Well lets break this down with other market costs : 

7x morphics = 70p

850x plastids = 90p

1,200 rubedo = 90p

8,000 salvage = 90p

Weapon slot = 6p  (12p halved)

Catalyst = 20p

Rush = 50p

Total : 416p + 50k in credits to buy the BP and 15k in credits to build.

So really, 265p compared to other market prices sounds pretty good deal.

But yes you can just play the game and find this stuff, it just depends on if you want it now, if you can wait, and just how much time you have available to play it. Remember not everyone can sink 1,000 hours in WF, and if those guys are having fun and don't mind spending some cash I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to buy the weapon for what is really a fair price.

You're also considering your time spent playing the game is free as well, so consider the market price an arbitrary value of the time it takes to find everything required to create it yourself.

and you think those resource prices are anywhere near being fair ? imo they are just outrageous. I've only once bought 1 tellurium for 10p because I was sick of farming ... and that's it. but paying for example 30p for 300 polymers ? this is definitely a scam imo

and you think those resource prices are anywhere near being fair ? imo they are just outrageous. I've only once bought 1 tellurium for 10p because I was sick of farming ... and that's it. but paying for example 30p for 300 polymers ? this is definitely a scam imo

Hey back when control modules drops were impossible I bought a couple of them to make sentinals, now I've got thousands of them.

Does this make me angry ? .. no !!

I was and still am happy with my purchases.

Any resources bought from the market are effectively a method of 'rush' and so their prices need to be set accordingly.

And yes I bought Tellurium from the market as well because I couldn't find any, but now that's been fixed and after farming Equinox I got dozens of them. Again, am I upset by this ? .. no !! .. because I wanted it 'now' and rushed it, so I paid a higher fee for that luxury.

The market is merely an option, whether you take that option or try farming and not spending anything is up to you.

Hey back when control modules drops were impossible I bought a couple of them to make sentinals, now I've got thousands of them.

Does this make me angry ? .. no !!

I was and still am happy with my purchases.

Any resources bought from the market are effectively a method of 'rush' and so their prices need to be set accordingly.

And yes I bought Tellurium from the market as well because I couldn't find any, but now that's been fixed and after farming Equinox I got dozens of them. Again, am I upset by this ? .. no !! .. because I wanted it 'now' and rushed it, so I paid a higher fee for that luxury.

The market is merely an option, whether you take that option or try farming and not spending anything is up to you.

Ik it's the price for rushing but that price is still high. some people don't have the time or don't want to farm for the weapon or item so they buy it, but some of those who cant or dont want to farm also dont have much plat to spend on a weapon that costs 265p for example. so they won't buy it but at the same time they still want that weapon. this thread is to ask what people think about the market prices and whether they will be willing to buy more items if the prices were a bit more fair that's all. Market prices will probably stay the same because very few people talk about it so even if the devs see this thread or another, they will think it's a trivial issue and should not take any of their time. This was to see if I'm the only one who thinks the market prices need a fix.

I'd spend more money on this game if I could get all the old prime armors and syndanas and sigils.

dont know what this has to do with the thread but prime access items can rotate back in future prime access packs ;however, they will stay in prime access, so they will never be released in the market or something like that. 

lets not also forget the What Stalker? pack. 800p? are you Crazy? sure, the Dread is a good bow, but the Despair slightly less so, and the Hate is considered MR fodder. and Smoke colours are 75p on their own, but most of the Blacks don't show up correctly anyway. those Items together are worth about 100- 150p tops.

and yeah, who the Hek buys Credit Bundles? there's like 5 different Dark Sectors that give nearly 30k for 5 waves!

lets not also forget the What Stalker? pack. 800p? are you Crazy? sure, the Dread is a good bow, but the Despair slightly less so, and the Hate is considered MR fodder. and Smoke colours are 75p on their own, but most of the Blacks don't show up correctly anyway. those Items together are worth about 100- 150p tops.

and yeah, who the Hek buys Credit Bundles? there's like 5 different Dark Sectors that give nearly 30k for 5 waves!

the stalker weapons must cost alot because of the insane rng involved, but I think that if the weapons were split so that people could buy each weapon alone, even if each weapon costs like 200p, people would be much happier. noone wants to spend 800p on the 1 weapon they dont have yet from the pack. stalker weapons deserve this much plat because of how special and rare they are. just like the brakk. it's not the greatest of all weapons but it's special

Edited by _Medo_