The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Woah I Just Realized Something. (Possible Rhino Temple Guardian Skin Origin)

Trickst3rGawd

In my interpretation of it (which might or might not be true) this is simply a raw technocyte infected being.

Once the 'monster' reaches the room with the Zariman Children he calms down, supposedly now being controlled by a "soul" of a Zariman Child. A Tenno.

I like to believe this infested mass is then put into a warframe suit and then controlled by a Tenno "Soul".

Again, this is just my understanding on it.

We'll know after U18.

Edited by Shifted

-snip-

Possibly.

However it is worthy to note that Dark Sector's story is mangled and rewritten to fit its' publisher-enforced setting.

While the monster in Rhino's lore entry might've looked exactly like this, the creature in Dark Sector's story has most likely nothing to do with it.

Edited by Shifted

OMG I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY

this may or may not have been what Rhino was based off of. sort of like The Jackal

The Jackal. oh, you mean, like the boss you have to kill to get rhino parts? (coincidence?) imo that thing looks very much like a cross between the Jackal and Rhino. a gr0ce quadropod

In Rhino Prime's codex entry, the 'monster' was described as a "hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood."'

... is- is this what the Temple Gaurdian skin is based on?

Ahem, The Rhino Rulebook clearly states that "hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood."' is simply another way of saying that a rhino has completed it's mission.

I think its talking about a basic rhino, without any tenno controlling it, an unsuccessful prototype warframe

Exactly! >;D

Ahem, The Rhino Rulebook clearly states that "hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood."' is simply another way of saying that a rhino has completed it's mission.

Topest Kekximus~

I think its talking about a basic rhino, without any tenno controlling it, an unsuccessful prototype warframe

In my interpretation of it (which might or might not be true) this is simply a raw technocyte infected being.

Once the 'monster' reaches the room with the Zariman Children he calms down, supposedly now being controlled by a "soul" of a Zariman Child. A Tenno.

I like to believe this infested mass is then put into a warframe suit and then controlled by a Tenno "Soul".

Exactly! >;D

The codex entry pretty clearly states that the monster is the Zariman child, not a being that's remote controlled by a Zariman child

I'm a statue, a cornered animal.  A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in.  I have seen this monster before.  I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers.  I have given it pain and measured its response.  I have crafted then rejected countless like it.  But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints.  I have never seen it... free.

The way I understand it is that this was a Rhino Warframe on which experiments have been made by the Orokin(?) or whoever wrote that text(as it seems to be like a diary entry to me)

The codex entry pretty clearly states that the monster is the Zariman child, not a being that's remote controlled by a Zariman child

You are trolling now.

It stated that the morgue held the Zariman Children, the Primal Rhino that was going on a rampage isn't one of the Zariman Children.

It doesn't state/imply it's a Zariman child or being remote controlled by one, it's a Orokin-made beast going on a rampage.

Exactly~ >;D

You are trolling now.

It stated that the morgue held the Zariman Children, the Primal Rhino that was going on a rampage isn't one of the Zariman Children.

Read the whole codex entry again. Pay attention to this line:

"I have seen this monster before.  I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers.  I have given it pain and measured its response.  I have crafted then rejected countless like it.  But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints.  I have never seen it... free."

This is how Orokin civilians talk about Tenno. Look at the Mag Prime codex. The Ember Prime codex (which takes place BEFORE warframes existed). In the eyes and words of Orokin people, Tenno are always beasts, monsters, demons, phantoms, etc. who can't possibly exist but still do. That's a word-for-word description of the narrator's thoughts on beast!Rhino, so it stands to reason that beast!Rhino is a Tenno

And the Rhino narrator admits that he's experimented on other beasts/monsters/demons/phantoms. Those beasts/monsters/demons/phantoms were not inert, they were moving around, they were alive. Just like the beast!Rhino who's killing everyone

The sleeping Tenno in the morgue are not remote-controlling the beast!Rhino, because the beast!Rhino is also a Tenno who just happens to be awake

It doesn't state/imply it's a Zariman child or being remote controlled by one, it's a Orokin-made beast going on a rampage.

Then why is it in the RHINO PRIME CODEX ENTRY if it's not a Tenno?

Edited by TARINunit9

Because it helps to show the origins of the Tenno as we know them. It relates to them, comes back to them when the creature enters into the morgue and the Rhino-creature is exposed to them.

The Tenno we have AREN'T just one creature or another, their a combination of two: a symbiosis between the Technocyte Warframe and the Void-altered human, leading to the greater whole that IS the Tenno.

Because it helps to show the origins of the Tenno as we know them. It relates to them, comes back to them when the creature enters into the morgue and the Rhino-creature is exposed to them.

The Tenno we have AREN'T just one creature or another, their a combination of two: a symbiosis between the Technocyte Warframe and the Void-altered human, leading to the greater whole that IS the Tenno.

Exactly. The way they worded their replies, EmptyDevil and Zarozian accidently implied that it's not related to Rhino or Tenno at all

Exactly. The way they worded their replies, EmptyDevil and Zarozian accidently implied that it's not related to Rhino or Tenno at all

I don't think that was their intention in any way. What their saying is that at this point, before this meeting, there was no connection between the two. After it, though, the creature - and others like it - became the Warframe that would be worn by the Tenno. All they're saying is that the creature itself WASN'T one of "the ones from the Zariman".

It's the Warframe, not the Tenno.

This line is an important clue:

"I have seen this monster before.  I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers.  I have given it pain and measured its response.  I have crafted then rejected countless like it.  But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints.  I have never seen it... free."

He made these, a lot of them. 

In Mag's codex, he wasn't looking directly at the Tenno's face, just it's outward appearance which happened to be the Mag Warframe. He wasn't even sure what he was looking at exactly.

"It" stood in the aisle, a slender and eyeless metal form. A Tenno inside its Warframe. Vaguely human, vaguely feminine. Was this armor or some ornate carapace for the monster that lived inside?"

He refers to the Tenno in the Warframe as an "it" and questions whether he is looking at armor or a carapace. A carapace is a shell, something the Rhino beast also had.

In Ember's codex, the Zariman child that burned Kaleen's face was instantly recognized as a child, not a monster or anything else.

I don't think that was their intention in any way. What their saying is that at this point, before this meeting, there was no connection between the two. After it, though, the creature - and others like it - became the Warframe that would be worn by the Tenno. All they're saying is that the creature itself WASN'T one of "the ones from the Zariman".

Yep.

I was under the impression that you were saying each Warframe is a Tenno. This belief doesn't fit with the lore because we know the Tenno can wear all Warframes.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Considering there are 16.6 million Tenno (and counting) I don't think he's hurting for test subjects

He refers to the Tenno in the Warframe as an "it" and questions whether he is looking at armor or a carapace. A carapace is a shell, something the Rhino beast also had.

Yes, he does refer to the Tenno as an inhuman "it". This is a recurring theme:

Tennno are pretty "uncanny valley" to the Orokin citizens. They don't talk, they don't (seemingly) breathe, they barely move when they're not fighting. They are, and I love typing this, anti-logical daemonic hell-beasts that don't deserve to exist yet still do. The concept of a magic space ninja who walked into the Void and didn't die is pretty mundane to us, the audience, but the phrase "walked into the Void and didn't die" makes no sense to an Orokin. It's like saying "a triangle with five sides", it can't happen. And yet it did happen, on the scale of 17 million times. And they can stand right in front of you, looking almost human. Almost, and it's the tiny things that are inhuman that make them unsettling

In Ember's codex, the Zariman child that burned Kaleen's face was instantly recognized as a child, not a monster or anything else.

Would you act the same after you were made into a laboratory test subject, then a child soldier, then stuffed into a faceless anonymous suit? I don't think you would

Edited by TARINunit9