Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe China New Frame Revealed "nezha"? (Update) [Megathread]

DonGucciRice

Ok DE......wtf are you doing...China is getting new frames back to back while we set on one for a few months before the next...I know they need to sell the game but they've got a lot of frames already. I hope we get the same treatment.

DE probably had the deal down with China and concepted the frames before the deal went public. We are just finding out about them now.

Ok DE......wtf are you doing...China is getting new frames back to back while we set on one for a few months before the next...I know they need to sell the game but they've got a lot of frames already. I hope we get the same treatment.

To be fair, Nezha has not been released yet. I'm confident the time gap between Wukong's release and Nezha's release won't be shorter tha the time betwen Equinox and Atlas.

EDIT: Also there's more to it than simply pumping out more frames, there's an issue of quality when you do it this rapidly too. Release in quick succession is not necessarily a good thing.

Edited by AM-Bunny

How has this gone on for 7 pages without:

1) being moved to the German subforums since the OP is in, you know, German and not English?

2) being locked due to leaked content?

:< German guy stole my thread >.>

Make it mine again and make the german guy in German sub forum :<<

Im crying 

Edited by Xx_Neko_Gaming

How has this gone on for 7 pages without:

1) being moved to the German subforums since the OP is in, you know, German and not English?

2) being locked due to leaked content?

1 - Threads were merged. But yeah, not sure why that happened.

2 - As far as I know, it's not DE's content - it's Chinaframe's content.

It's probably just that the most iconic figures of Chinese mythology are mostly male, and if you're going to start making frames with the explicit goal of being based on Chinese folklore you're going to start with only the most famous characters, irregardless of their gender.

That being said, a Chang'e warframe would be interesting to see, with moon/immortality-based powers. Come to think of it, it would fit perfectly with the upcoming Orokin moonbase too...

Even so I still imagine DE wants to retain the pattern of male female male female even in the chinese version, so it makes me wonder are they just being kept under better wraps? Or perhaps DE doesn't really care for the pattern as much as we all believe. 

A frame based off a moon goddess would be pretty neat though. Could always use more defensive frames in this game.

Edit:

To clarify, Limbo got S#&$ because he looks dumb. Here, the warframes are based too much on mythical characters rather than simpler concepts.

I personally think Warframes based on mythical characters gives them more... well... character lol.

Being able to relate the Warframe to a mythical character gives you a vague but somewhat tangible idea of what to expect from it rather than some straightforward concept like Mag for example.

"Oh she can control magnetism."

That doesn't sound too interesting to me.

Edited by Tricky5hift

From your Limbo avatar icon, I take it that Limbo is your favorite warframe. Did you know that this reasoning is very similar to that one time when players arguing against Limbo's.

My profile icon is Equinox. Limbo is one of my most disliked Warframes aesthetically :P For the same reason as my original post. 

I personally think Warframes based on mythical characters gives them more... well... character lol.

Being able to relate the Warframe to a mythical character gives you a vague but somewhat tangible idea of what to expect from it rather than some straightforward concept like Mag for example.

Well warframes have never been very fleshed out characters from the start, they are voiceless, seemingly emotionless, war machines who fight under the command of their queen a la lotus. The most amount of character we get from any frame is brief codex descriptions, and even those are quite vague. Basings frames off mythological figures won't really bring any more depth to the frames character than what we already have, their persona (if they have one) will remain vague and their origins will remain riddled with holes, all these mythological themes do is give a slightly better idea of how the frames will function prior to their release. So the frame is still as blank as it ever was, you just know more of what to expect when it comes. But then in the end, that as well loses relevance once its released. 

I know what you mean, but hear me out on this:

You have to remember that warframes have classes, specialties.

The Frost-class warframe has the ability to lower surrounding temperatures. The Excalibur-class warframe has access to an arsenal of blades, made from raw void energy. The Mag-class has the ability to alter electronic spins and motions on the atomic level to generate magnetic effects. Saryn can generate toxins and corrosive compounds. The most recent Atlas-class warframe has control over the ground he stands on, calling it to action at his will. The Nova-class warframe can generate anti-matter and rip holes in space.

Whilst not all warframes are this general, their concepts for the most part are broad, which makes sense since the void shaped them - they wouldn't be specific.

The Wukong-class warframe is Sun Wukong. He does what Sun Wukong does. The void remade Sun Wukong.

It's like making a warframe called Batman.

Edited by IANOBW

I know what you mean, but hear me out on this:

You have to remember that warframes have classes, specialties.

The Frost-class warframe has the ability to lower surrounding temperatures. The Excalibur-class warframe has access to an arsenal of blades, made from raw void energy. The Mag-class has the ability to alter electronic spins and motions on the atomic level to generate magnetic effects. Saryn can generate toxins and corrosive compounds. The most recent Atlas-class warframe has control over the ground he stands on, calling it to action at his will. The Nova-class warframe can generate anti-matter and rip holes in space.

Whilst not all warframes are this general, their concepts for the most part are broad, which makes sense since the void shaped them - they wouldn't be specific.

The Wukong-class warframe is Sun Wukong. He does what Sun Wukong does. The void remade Sun Wukong.

It's like making a warframe called Batman.

When you say it like this, they really do sound pretty interesting I'll give you that.

I guess its all about perspective.

Lets be honest, if DE did somehow make a Batman frame, people would still play the hell out of it.

When you exhaust all the basic elements, going to more diverse themes like mythology, is only to be expected. The mythical Wukong's abilities are of divine origin but Wukong the Warframe's abilites can be explained through scientific mutation and manipulations.  Cumulus manipulation, a weapon that is attached to the frame(And partly energy) like with Mesa, Ash and the new Archer Frame. Presumably an iron manipulation, and general energy projection. It fits the theme of Warframe fine.

Edited by UrielColtan

Ugh ... i dont like the way Warframe is going with all the Chineese gods frames .

I do not know with what intentions this was written but I'll agree to this statement based on this context:

I can understand this.

Although I love the new designs, a lot of the new Warframes are almost, how do you put it, too specific? Basing them off of simple concepts makes sense, but basing them entirely off of characters in mythology is kinda silly.

I mean, you could argue that Atlas is a based off of said world-carrier in Greek mythology, but his concepts are mostly drawn from brawling and earth control. Atlas is just his name, which relates to him, but not entirely.

Wukong is literally Sun Wukong. Same goes for this one.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm not too fond of wukong in how he is literally the character/deity tuned into a frame and just that, whereas our very own warframes named after entities merely have resemblances that help to fit the name, for instance our Loki isn't literally the norse god turned into a warframe, but takes that name by playing on the theme of trickery and deceit. Hell Nyx has nothing to do with the night, but through a loose correlation one can see the reasoning behind her naming and her theme.

It's maybe too early to judge since we know nothing of the frame yet, but I do hope it isn't another wukong.

When you exhaust all the basic elements, going to more diverse themes like mythology, is only to be expected. The mythical Wukong's abilities are of divine origin but Wukong the Warframe's abilites can be explained through scientific mutation and manipulations.  Cumulus manipulation, a weapon that is attached to the frame(And partly energy) like with Mesa, Ash and the new Archer Frame, presumably an iron manipulation, and general energy projection. It fits the theme of Warframe fine.

Oh, nothing is wrong with the fictional science at all, and it looks like it belongs in warframe - the problem is that the void recreated Sun Wukong. It didn't make something that specifies in a kind of chemical reaction or magic. It literally gives you the ability to use Sun Wukong's staff and nimbus.

I mean, when did magical extendo-staffs and cloud riding ever correlate other than Sun Wukong? It's not something that, when you mention one, it immediately means the other. It's like calling Hydroid Captain Jack Sparrow or Blackbeard, with the ability to call in a pirate ship. It's like if Limbo was called Magician and could pull rabbits out of his hat.

Edited by IANOBW

1 - Threads were merged. But yeah, not sure why that happened.

2 - As far as I know, it's not DE's content - it's Chinaframe's content.

1 - Oh, that makes a lot of sense then

2 - There's no such thing as Chinaframe (ChangYou) content. DE makes all the content. ChangYou only markets and publishes it in China.

You guys are taking things too literally and acting like it is actually the divine nimbus and jingyubang. Something named after Wukong is typically given those things as they are the most distinct things about him. Calm down. All of his actual abilities can be compared to other warframes, so this argument is pretty weak.

I also don`see any of you going nuts over dragon frame, Robinhood frame or Calamity Jane frame.

Edited by UrielColtan

You guys are taking things too literally and acting like it is actually the divine nimbus and jingyubang. Somethibg named after Wukong is typically given those things as they are the most distint things about him. Calm down. All of his actual abilities can be compared to other warframes, so this argument is pretty weak.

I also don`see any of you going nuts over dragon frame, Robinhood frame or Calamity Jane frame.

Chroma is based off of dragons, a very broad concept. Nothing wrong with it.

We don't know much about the Archer-frame, but it's based off of archers. Again, a broad concept (I mean, its not like we already have a swordsman).

Mesa is based off of Western Gunslingers. She is a gunslinger with design influence from said concept. Thank God, she isn't actually called "Calamity" or "Jane".

Wukong, IS Wukong. He isn't the staff-frame, he isn't the cloud-rider frame. He is the Wukong frame.

See where I'm getting at?