Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stratos117's Workshop [11/3 Progress Update]

StratoS117

Oh, man!

That looks really, really good. Would buy in an instant.

Keep up the great work!

Neat!

Duuude! This is insane! I'd definetely buy that if it was in-game

... senpai teach me :O

Why not? Your work is rly good! I would totally buy it!

<3 Gosh y'all are making me blush. As for learning this stuff @Godmur, there are great resources like lydia.com and the polycount forums. And of course youtube! I recommend giving blender a try if you want to get into modeling but don't want to pay for an autodesk product. It's a great free program, and for texturing Krita is a great all around free art program.

I don't like Mag and I think this looks amazing. Are you going to Post a Steam Community link?

I will put my textures and syandanas on steam as they get completed and I will update the main post with a workshop link :3

I am a big fan of mag, and I think your skin/model looks very good. I'm guessing this is in preparation for when models become available, because as of now it's just textures

That's the beauty of transferring maps in maya, I can take all that new detail and apply it to the original model via a normal map texture. Praise be unto loopholes!

Holy crap this looks wicked.

All I've managed so far is adding snake scales to the Gorgon's barrel. ._. (And it's not even really working. It works in the software I'm using, but importing the new Normal map results in the same as the old. Guess I have to bake the maps, but I'm afraid of messing everything up. Guess it's time to make backup files.)

Sorry, anyways, this looks wicked and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

So I'm having some problems with the normal maps. In maya they look perfectly fine right? Well, pop them into Tennogen and suddenly nasty seams. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

seam_error.png

I've actually had the same problem with the Default Mag. I've not changed her at all, using all the default things and I'm still getting visible seams on her hips/thighs. Might not be you ^.^

I've actually had the same problem with the Default Mag. I've not changed her at all, using all the default things and I'm still getting visible seams on her hips/thighs. Might not be you ^.^

So it might be an engine thing.. I've tried everything from flipping the green channel to baking in Zbrush and xNormal. and the problem persists.

So it might be an engine thing.. I've tried everything from flipping the green channel to baking in Zbrush and xNormal. and the problem persists.

Honestly, I've learned everything I know about texturing today. (Meaning I don't know much.)

But it does seem to work with every other available resource. Only Mag's seems to freak out. Might just have been an issue with the files they gave us.

Here's hoping it either gets corrected or you figure it out. It looks really nice ^.^

Honestly, I've learned everything I know about texturing today. (Meaning I don't know much.)

But it does seem to work with every other available resource. Only Mag's seems to freak out. Might just have been an issue with the files they gave us.

Here's hoping it either gets corrected or you figure it out. It looks really nice ^.^

Thanks :3 also I just pulled excal into the tennogen tool and applied his default maps, the seams are there too on him. I'm beginning to think its how the tool renders normals. Odd as heck.

Edited by StratoS117

idk how useful this information is but the in game mag immortal skin used to have really nasty lines and edges and things on it that took a while to get fixed. maybe this is somehow related to that?

Thanks :3 also I just pulled excal into the tennogen tool and applied his default maps, the seams are there too on him. I'm beginning to think its how the tool renders normals. Odd as heck.

EDIT.

Confirmed, Excalibutt got seams too.

even the PBR'd one has seams. It may just be the program rendering them wrong for some reason.

Edited by KaraOgata