Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Electric Shield Is Not Giving Any Dmg Bonus While Using Punch-Through (No Elec Dmg Nor 2X Crit)

(PSN)JiggaJazz

It was fixed in 17.4.2. So expect a fix soon™.

Are you on drugs? Were way past that update. You're on ps4 also which makes it even more hard to believe.

The only dmg buff electric shield gives is the electric bonus ONLY when shooting an object. So it is only working against nullifier bubbles ATM basically.

Ninja nerf was happened, also the Loki invisible damage multiplicator was nerfed too & moved to the acarne trickery stealth melee damge multiplicator.

It's definitely a bug.

Ninja nerf was happened, also the Loki invisible damage multiplicator was nerfed too & moved to the acarne trickery stealth melee damge multiplicator.

Ok firstly- it wasn't a nerf. It's broken. It's a bug. Stop crying out "NINJA NERF! ZOMG!" It doesn't help anything get fixed. Secondly- I have been using loki nonstop the last few days. His invisible damage multiplier is still there fine. You do realize the yellow damage isn't crits- it's the invisibility multiplier. Ok? Ok. Moving on.

Are you on drugs? Were way past that update. You're on ps4 also which makes it even more hard to believe.

The only dmg buff electric shield gives is the electric bonus ONLY when shooting an object. So it is only working against nullifier bubbles ATM basically.

It's definitely a bug.

You are right- the hotfix that that person linked to 1. Made no reference to the problem you mentioned being fixed. 2. Was actually THE UPDATE that broke volt's shield. 

It is definitely a bug. I think based on what you're saying about objects that it might also relate to the way aoe is broken atm but I can't draw any links other than "they both have no issues against objects". The volt shield being broken has been reported multiple times now, and I'm assuming DE has just still not seen it. Guess someone needs to post the link(s) to patch notes threads with "still not fixed:" to get their attention brought to it. It was actually even commented on by a moderator, which makes me a bit more surprised it's still not been tended to...

Okay I've tested it more and if you have punch through on your weapon you do not get the dmg bonus' of electric shield.

So basically DE has still not fixed the problem of punch through giving infinite dmg through electric shield.

DE can we please prioritize this? It has been 4-5 months now where Volt's best ability is not working properly.

When they recently removed some functionality from Volt Shield, they said they would be reworking and replacing what they removed "ASAP". And yet, I think Steve recently said Volt isn't at the top of the pile yet, and here we are still waiting. Still no range increase for ES. Disappointing. 

Why take out the range increase and other functionality for Shield if they aren't ready to fix it/rework it yet? I at first was okay with it because I thought ASAP meant it would be soon, but still no word and it sounds like they haven't even gotten started on it yet. Volt is my second most used frame, and my friends favorite and I can say we find this a bit frustrating. 

I just wish they would have left the range interactions in there until they were actually ready to rework it. It's not like it was breaking the game, and now we are sitting here waiting with a mostly borked/destroyed ES -- with no ETA in sight on when they will even start on his rework. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

They said they would remove the range and even though we do not have update 17.4.2 we have had the nerf to volt since ps4's last major update so they REALLY wanted to remove it entirely for the time being.

I spoke to Steve a while back and he told me they purposely turned off punch through in order to prevent infinite dmg. Well now punch through will actually work through the shield but you get no dmg buffs so they REALLY need to fix this.

I'm guessing Volt's Electric Shield was originally programmed for infinite dmg with punch through on purpose as back then DE didn't care how much dmg was dealt to enemies since they only scaled so high anyway. Now they can't seem to find a way to get rid of this.

Not to mention electric Jesus still happens with overload and that's annoying as hell

that is the exact reason why volt is getting a rework

i dont remember that coming up in a devstream last i checked currently on the block is saryn nearly finished rhino small tweaks mostly qol mostly finished and mag just now looking at her starting with bullet attractor