Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Long Handled Scythe

Duhktape

-Snip-

Well for one, I was exaggerating when I was calling them sickles. And for two, I don't necessarily care about the real life implementations of Scythes and Sickles. We're talking about Warframe and thus people tend to use the video game terminology of what scythes and sickles are.

Not that what you had to write wasn't interesting. But;

Thank you for also pointing this out. I hadn't bothered to dig up images for my comment regarding it, but it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when

people get this so wrong because of popularized media. Good on you for knowing history.

It's not that people don't know history, it's that we just want the Popularized Media version of the Scythe. As real Warscythes and such that you quoted aren't really all that interesting, Besides the Chain-Scythe. At least to me.

Edited by SJunior

Because non-warframe fitting weeaboo big anime style weapons are what WF needs...

Well some of DE probably watch anime as we see with fact Rebecca knows kill la kill anime.

Also Big badass scythes dont have to be from anime, I am actually shocked no one here mentioned "burial blade" in scythe form from bloodborne, here is example of scythe weapon:

1:07 part

I think that moves of this scythe are pretty realistic.

and here is something for fans of ruby's scythe:

tumblr_ncul3dQi9u1rii7lwo2_400.gif

tumblr_ncm3454cnP1qgv5pgo1_400.gif

2c18e53ab9b70ee72d1c84ca5c9ff2be.gif

ibtzxVyq6j9L0D_zpsio55s6b2.gif

But that bloodborne vid is not the type of scythe people want that´s more like a oversized war scythe (thefirst mode). They want that huge thing like in dat weeboo anime gifs you´ve posted.

Totally unfitting to the general art and style of warframe.

Edited by VoidNomade

But that bloodborne vid is not the type of scythe people want that´s more like a oversized war scythe. They want that huge thing like in dat weeboo anime gifs you´ve posted.

Uh. That Blood Borne scythe is roughly the size of the Scythe used by Ruby in the Gifs, if not longer. (Not thicker though, longer.) 1:04 of the video.

Edited by SJunior

Well for one, I was exaggerating when I was calling them sickles. And for two, I don't necessarily care about the real life implementations of Scythes and Sickles. We're talking about Warframe and thus people tend to use the video game terminology of what scythes and sickles are.

Not that what you had to write wasn't interesting. But;

It's not that people don't know history, it's that we just want the Popularized Media version of the Scythe. As real Warscythes and such that you quoted aren't really all that interesting, Besides the Chain-Scythe. At least to me.

I can get behind that, and I definately agree. I WANT that version of the scythe too.

I would like a war scythe though. Always liked how they looked, only game with them I know is mount and blade, and they really aren't that impressive in that game.

That said, some people don't know the history, or do take popularized media as point in fact, kinda wierd I know, especially in this day and age, but some people take the things in shows and video games at face value (I suspect this is because of "historically-inspired" media)

On a different note, I saw someone mentioned the handle would be unwieldy, The Orthos, Orthos prime, and the Serro are polearms with collapsible shortening handles that extend when you draw them. There is nothing preventing that method being applied to scythes. I mean look at what they did in Dante's Inferno.

It could be named a Heavy Scythe , new weapon class , slow , somewhere slightly longer than Orthos P in range with a lot bigger AoE ( in the likes of taking all the enemies in front of you and in your left and right sides at the same time ) . It should have innate stagger to enemies hit by it and have higher dmg than heavy blades with a harder speed penalty to make up for it .

Also , it could be a 2 piece weapon where in quick melee it will use only the blade part while the staff stays on your back , that would be twice faster and higher crit chance but it would have reduced range , aoe and no stagger effect .

edit : typo

Edited by TheRealShade

-Snip-

Ohsnap a civil person on the internet! I was expecting you to reply with an angry post. Color me surprised.

As for War Scythes, hey. It's WF. I'm sure anything is possible when it comes to melee weapons. And yeah. It is pretty dumb that people tend to take media as fact at face value, especially with the google being a thing that's so easy to use, but eh not much can be done on that.

And thank you for pointing out the handle thang.

It could be named a Heavy Scythe , new weapon class , slow , somewhere slightly longer than Orthos P in range with a lot bigger AoE ( in the likes of taking all the enemies in front of you and in your left and right sides at the same time ) . It should have innate stagger to enemies hit by it and have higher dmg than heavy blades with a harder speed penalty to make up for it .

Also , it could be a 2 piece weapon where in quick melee it will use only the blade part while the staff stays on your back , that would be twice faster and higher crit chance but it would have reduced range , aoe and no stagger effect .

edit : typo

Agreed and with heavy charges comming back: oh boy oh boy oh boy