Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Use Rhino?

vrdwrst

First frame I farmed for when I started, just liked the look and moved onto other frames once I got a better handle of the game. I'll still go back to rhino once in a while for a nightmare alert (depends on which one) I haven't used them in a long time though since the armor skill is nothing in late game. I'd like to play with him some more if there's a rework done. 

People use him because he is simple, all 4 of his skills are good and reliable (no odd quirks) and he looks good. Valkyr isnt an effective replacement for rhino just because melee makes it hard/impossible to kill most bosses.

Someone like Trinity or Mesa maybe can do a better job in a lot of cases, but again not quite as simple or reliable. Mesa's Shatter shield doesnt block everything and Trinity needs a host to latch onto with link. 

Edited by (PS4)Asdeft

No hidden details... Rhino is a solid jack -of-all-trades frame with a low skill req in easy/mid content and a higher skill req in upper tiered content.

A good Rhino determines combat pace at will while being able to increase damage for their team.

The only problem with Rhino is that he's a terrible first "non-starter" frame if only for the fact that he encourages bad play habits long term.

Um... Cause I like Rhino... Cause he's fun to play... Endgame isn't the only way to play Warframe. I've been playing since launch and I like diversity. Don't get my wrong, I have my go-to frames for high-tier missions but that doesn't mean all other frames are abolished cause apparently another frame does something better.

I've never been able to figure it out. If you need to never die, you go Valkyr. If you want to be a crowd control tank, you go Saryn. Is there some weird little detail I'm missing about Rhino that makes him worthwhile? 

Valkyr is godmode/boring.

Edited by Makinar

becoz u can farm him first in very early stage of the game

besides your starter frame rhino has higher survivability rate ..

i mean you can survive just using rhino skin even with out vitality or redirection 

from Earth all the way to i say atleast Sedna

and when people already invested forma and potato at him

its kinda hard to discard and you only have an option to keep using him ...

I agree with Op, every player that mains rhino under rank 16 apparently forgets that rhino has more that one ability iron skin, and ends up being the first to go down and first to want to extract from a t3 survival at 9 minutes because his iron skin and health are one hit KOed by a butcher

Or there's is the Rhino that invites you to ODD requesting you bring Mesa or get out of squad and immediately parks on the pod to take a nap for 20 rounds

Because, and this might sound alien to a great many people, some people actually play for fun (yeah, remember that? fun?) and they happen to like Rhino. 

I got into Warframe (way back) because I liked the aesthetics of Frost. Still do. But while farming items for Frost I managed to get a complete rhino set. Turned out to be much more fun then Frost. Rhino, Gorgon, Twin Vipers and the Scindo with Manticore skin. OMG.. I was a beast.. Stuff got diluted, nerfed and otherwise broken but way back when (damage 1.0) people thanked the Orokin for having me on their team.

And I still love playing Rhino (the prime version because speed). Not because of the golden spandex, which I'll only use if strictly necessary, but because he still looks awesome.. It's the one frame that doesn't look odd when firing the more heavy weapons. I mean, whenever I see a mag or a valkyr fire a Hek I half and half expect their arms to be torn off, or at least see them fly across the room in the opposite direction. I know this isn't the case (and I personally think that is something DE might want to look into, weight vs strength), but it just looks odd to me. 

But Rhino with a heavy weapon sure does look the part. If our frames were music, Rhino is the heavy bass... The deep, dark, throbbing bass...

I've never been able to figure it out. If you need to never die, you go Valkyr. If you want to be a crowd control tank, you go Saryn. Is there some weird little detail I'm missing about Rhino that makes him worthwhile?

You don't need saryn for crowd control when u can slay down enermys to create crowd control using your weapons. When there's no enermy, there's no damage taken so why need valkyr for god mode?

Each of their own I guess..

I like the versatility. I'm not sure how other people play him. I've run hour long survivals with him. I use him to level all of my weapons specifically because he's untouchable on standard maps. Most people get used to iron skin and forget how to play without it, this is a player problem not the frames problem. In groups he's got a damage buff, a stun lock damager, a adequate mobility power and with a solid weapon has no problem with handling most content. 

Ultimately it comes down to player preference. I have just as much (occasionally more) fun playing ash,loki, banshee, chroma, frost. How ever since I play primarily solo Rhino is my goto frame in general. I know how to move, use cover and focus fire on primary targets first and at the same time when I want to I can cheese it up and stand in the middle of the room not worrying about damage at all.

Eh, I play Rhino the same reason why I played Ember before the buff, it's extra challenging and fun. I haven't used Ember as much ever since the buff, she's just not the same high intense action frame anymore. In the past, I was very careful with how I used energy, casted WoF, fireblast and accelerant. While she's now in a good spot for beginners and end game, the removed challenge has made me move on.

Limbo is great for timing, switching abilities all around and sniping.

Banshee is only as good as you can dodge since she has an armor of 15 or so, which is as low as it gets. Sonar allows you to kill things and shoot them, if you're good at dodging and shooting, then you'll kill them before they can touch you provided silence is also stunning them along the way.

Rhino is the same deal, all abilities are useful in a balanced build. Stomp to stun the room, roar for damage buff, iron skin for defense buff and the rhino charge to get into situational locations.

When you have every frame, sometimes it's just fun to do something different.

Edited by ivlr3vil