Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Experience Rewards

KingAlkaiser

Hello I have been playing warframe for a year and love the game very much but the 1 single thing that irritates me to no end is the fact that this game rewards players who get no kills and do less work more experience than those that are more active in maps.  This makes no sense to me whatsoever, one example of many is lets say draco run in which players race to do nothing and go out of their ways to not get any kills in order to get maximum xp rewards.  I used to do runs and always wondered why the hell my friends were getting way more experience than me until finally someone let me in the secret of less kills= more reward ?@.@?

I can understand it if they dont want people to just mass AoE kill things and steal xp but at the same time this system is terrible.  Every single experience hunting map i go to i get people just sitting there doing nothing in order to get "rewarded" the most for it.  they might as well just reward everyone the same amount or anything other than what its implemented.

Am i the only one who gets irritated by this?

It rewards you for the kills as well. You get more affinity for your weapon used for the kill and some frame exp as well. 

Do remember that any affinity people gain from your kills gets divided amongst their gear. So if you get 100, they get 25 to everything. While they get roughly the same amount, it's still less for each individual item.

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

Less kills does not equal more reward.  It means a differently spread XP reward - which, if you were using the weapon you wanted to level, you wouldn't need.

It's hard to get seriously worked up about other people getting rewarded for not doing much when your intention is to level up a weapon without using it.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

• Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, split according to your own weaponry. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This does not apply to Archwing and the Interception mode; they have much larger ranges for shared affinity.

That's the shared affinity/XP mechanic kicking in. Originally, it was supposed to reward progressing through a mission as a group rather than lone wolfing it. Nowadays, people exploit it by squatting in one place with specialized kill groups.

Edited by Stefe

there is a huge difference in a draco run when you get 0 kills as opposed to getting 1k+ kills i understand that less weapons equipped = more spread around etc.  But it doesnt still change the fact that you get less experience for netting more kills in a run.  Don't believe me? go test it out have 2 players with same amount of gear equipped allow 1 player to get 0 kill and other to get all kills see end result of experience and tell me I am wrong somehow.

there is a reason why people don't shoot things in draco or love to go support frames with little to no kills.

Edited by KingAlkaiser