Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Reasons Conclave Is Dead

Sproox

I felt the urge today to write feedback on what I think of Conclave *cough* Versus mode and how it desperately needs help. We all need to accept that Warframe's PvP is very well dead regardless of the constant updates to it. Below is a list of problems I find with Conclave and what I think should be done to fix them to revive Conclave rather than just balancing in every update. Please do not take this post as an insult because it isn't meant to be. Instead, take it as constructive criticism and use it to bring Conclave/Versus mode alive and popular.

1. Conclave is extremely dead and it isn't because it "sucks". To my surprise, I found it very addicting with intense gameplay.

Why?

DE does a very poor job at advertising Conclave to its player base and it's really beyond the PvP development team to solve this issue.

I did not know there was such a thing called PvP in Warframe until Mastery Rank 6 which is very bad. This happens because Conclave isn't advertised to the player base at all! To double check that I didn't ignore when the beginner tutorial/quest explained Conclave, I made a second account to play it again. Not surprisingly, Conclave was never brought up. Secondly, naming PvP "Conclave" is asking for players to ignore it. How in the world is a new player supposed to know that Conclave really means PvP/Versus mode? That was a huge mistake as evident in another very popular title that tried the same thing (343 naming Multiplayer "Infinity" in Halo 4 that did in fact confuse players).

Solution

Add a main menu to the game. Simple as that! Conclave and Co-op are already split worlds, so why not just add a menu to the game with the clear options: Co-op, Versus, Options, Profile, etc. With a menu, players immediately know where to go to PvP rather than wondering if it even exists or searching the relay for Teshin.

An alternative solution to this could be to simply rename Conclave to Versus and add it to the beginner tutorial/quest so that people know it exists and know where to go to play it!

2. As addicting as Conclave may be, the fact that a lot of my hard earned gear from Co-op can't be used in Versus is a huge turn-off.

Why?

While limiting which frames can be used in Conclave is understandable given some frames would not have much use in PvP, there just isn't any excuse to restrict which weapons can be used. If I can not use any weapon in my inventory, then what exactly is the point pursuing them in the first place? Not to mention, there are frames that are currently restricted yet could very well be used in PvP without being considered OP or useless.

Solution

Allow all weapons in Conclave as long as they are in the player's inventory. Should a weapon be deemed OP, its stats could always be modified to have different stats in Conclave than in Co-op like some weapons already are.

While you're at it, you might as well allow all frames and modify their stats if needed like the weapons.

3. The current mod system for Conclave feels very basic.

Why?

Sure if all frames were added along with all weapons there would be tons of diversity in Conclave like in Co-op. But, why stop there? Given there would be lots of weapons coming into PvP with elemental damage types, there should be mods added to resist those damage types to a certain degree. Not to mention, adding mods that add elemental damage types to weapons would be fantastic and add a whole new playing field. As of now, the mods currently available from Teshin feel very basic.

Solution

Add in new and unique mods to Conclave like we see in Co-op. The current basic feel of Conclave needs it and it would definitely bring Warframe PvP to a whole new level.

Thank you everyone and Devs for reading this. While making my post a reality can take some time, making efforts toward completing it should be made to revive that missing part of Warframe that could very well be a huge hit.

This is a PvE game. PvP was just thrown in for S#&$s and giggles. no real need to have it be bigger than it already is and shove it down new players thoats.

The reason you can't use all weapons and frames is because they need to be balanced. eventually all weapons and frames will be usable.

Conclave already has PvP exclusive mods that you get from teshin and from matches. there shouldn't be any PvE content locked behind PvP

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Conclave is basically turning a Player vs. NPC game into a Player vs. Player game.  I find conclave fun for a change compared to usually warframe, but it doesn't reward much.  So I usually don't care.

Also, the T-bagging is really something that is just BM.  To be honest, I play BM because I use the Vectis Prime and just quickscope every person I come across, but its not like I'm bragging that I am really good.

If I want a player vs. player game, I simply turn to World of Warships or Battlefield.

Yeah, I do feel like people don't really know much about the PvP since they don't advertise/talk about it on devstream. It's always felt like an afterthought. But they definitely have unique mods. Go to any relay station, and talk to Tenshin at the top of the hill. Theres a complete rank system for mod unlocks and such, which they balance every now and then, yet consistently.

1: conclave if far from complete, there is not much to icentivate players to play it, they will probably make it more noticeable once they get more features.

2: all weapons and warframes are coming, it just takes a while to balance them all.

3: i feel like there is more mods being added to pvp than pvp at the moment, i see no problem here.

This is a PvE game. PvP was just thrown in for S#&$s and giggles. no real need to have it be bigger than it already is and shove it down new players thoats.

The reason you can't use all weapons and frames is because they need to be balanced. eventually all weapons and frames will be usable.

Conclave already has PvP exclusive mods that you get from teshin and from matches. there shouldn't be any PvE content locked behind PvP

If PvP is completely ignored because Warframe is supposed to be a PvE as you say it is, then why is Conclave in the game. If all the game were about was killing NPCs, then what is the point of playing the game? This is the question that comes to my mind constantly now that I am MR 12 with basically everything I need to be invincible in T4. If Conclave were fixed with Co-op playing a huge role in it, there would be a much better incentive to play the game rather than just farm...farm..farm... and for what? There needs to be a purpose for all that farming. Let's look to Destiny, as much as I don't want to mention it, as a good example.

Conclave is quite the opposite of dead.

I find that to be a lie considering I either run into very few players or none at all at this very moment in all 3 gamemodes. During peak times, it's usually only one game mode that has enough players to begin a match. Then, you have to move to another game mode in hopes of running into players again.

I find that to be a lie considering I either run into very few players or none at all at this very moment in all 3 gamemodes. During peak times, it's usually only one game mode that has enough players to begin a match. Then, you have to move to another game mode in hopes of running into players again.

I usually have no problems finding matches.

like 2 or 3 months ago, at this time and this day of the week, i couldnt find anything else than FFA, currently, even CTC has players at this time, so probably the population has increased?

I played with you today in several matches. That should say something about population lol

I usually have no problems finding matches.

Give me the region you play on and i'll test it myself. I find it very bizarre that someone has claimed Conclave matchmaking is not troubling. If you're lying, you aren't helping the game.

Same. Must be the Region thats hes set to thats dead.

Anyways there should be a full on quest to introduce the conclave to players, along with a whole quest introducing the whole Relay to players

I'm on the Pacific coast in the U.S. If this region is dead then something has to be done about it. It's not the same as, for example, a region in India being dead where the game isn't marketed. Also, I don't think regions actually matter on PC other than for the regional chat. I can run into any eastern players just fine or join their squads.

Besides that, the quest is very well needed to introduce Conclave and the relay.

if you ask me, the matchmaking system has a tendence to match you with the same players for periods of time that can be a couple of weeks

pfft that's a sad attempt to hide the fact that Conclave is dead.

Conclave is basically turning a Player vs. NPC game into a Player vs. Player game.  I find conclave fun for a change compared to usually warframe, but it doesn't reward much.  So I usually don't care.

Also, the T-bagging is really something that is just BM.  To be honest, I play BM because I use the Vectis Prime and just quickscope every person I come across, but its not like I'm bragging that I am really good.

If I want a player vs. player game, I simply turn to World of Warships or Battlefield.

I want Warframe PvP, not Battlefield first person shooting. See how your post is irrelevant?

The fact that all the hard acquired stuff from PvE can't be used in conclave makes me wonder why conclave even exists.

In games like MMOs, grinding good gear allows you to mash people in PvP. In Warframe, grinding good gear allows you to... kill dumb enemies with terrible AI but harder?

I do agree that conclave is fun and the OP is right - its criminally under advertised.

Its biggest drawback is that its it own entity. Obviously DE wont want main content locked in their but unique sigils, skins and other purely cosmetic items you can only acquire in conclave would be nice.

I played with you today in several matches. That should say something about population lol

Because rock is a regular player. That is why you see him a lot.

A lot of the suggestions you give already have answers in the forums and update notes already. Simply going to the conclave 2.0 wiki and the conclave roadmap pinned here would have showed you the solutions being worked on for your suggestion 

Mr6 does not take long to get btw. Before anyone comments on me being mr 6 its because I run the same weapon set ups and derp around a lot I have the amount of gameplay to be around mr9 the lowest.

This thread is really really pointless.

Its under advertised because it is under developed. I have yet to see a new conclave player do good in conclave( I know I am a new conclave player but i also play arena shooters a lot). Advertise it outside of the group of players playing and people are just going to call it broken or everything op. Nthn is more annoying than noob calling my latron a shot gun saying its a op 3 shot weapon when if they would move and not let me get head shots so easy they wouldn't die so fast.

Read the conclave 2.0 wiki it will answer a lot of questions. I waited for more weapons where available in conclave 2.0 months after it was introduced. More weapons will be added just wait.

Edited by BoyTitan

If conclave is dead now it must have been six feet under about a month ago (see what i did there) 

Honestly though i can hop on and find a match in any of the 3 categories now basically at anytime which a month ago it was like about 50% chance that i would just get put in a lobby by myself to wait

The fact that all the hard acquired stuff from PvE can't be used in conclave makes me wonder why conclave even exists.

In games like MMOs, grinding good gear allows you to mash people in PvP. In Warframe, grinding good gear allows you to... kill dumb enemies with terrible AI but harder?

You sound like you dont like warframe in general? which makes me wonder why your here

Anyways PvE has like 95% of the playerbase and PvP was just added for fun and i have fun playing PvP with the stuff available also there is a lot of prime stuff that you can use in PvP so im not sure why you are saying you cant use any hard acquired stuff.

Because rock is a regular player. That is why you see him a lot.

A lot of the suggestions you give already have answers in the forums and update notes already. Simply going to the conclave 2.0 wiki and the conclave roadmap pinned here would have showed you the solutions being worked on for your suggestion 

Mr6 does not take long to get btw. Before anyone comments on me being mr 6 its because I run the same weapon set ups and derp around a lot I have the amount of gameplay to be around mr9 the lowest.

This thread is really really pointless.

Its under advertised because it is under developed. I have yet to see a new conclave player do good in conclave( I know I am a new conclave player but i also play arena shooters a lot). Advertise it outside of the group of players playing and people are just going to call it broken or everything op. Nthn is more annoying than noob calling my latron a shot gun saying its a op 3 shot weapon when if they would move and not let me get head shots so easy they wouldn't die so fast.

Read the conclave 2.0 wiki it will answer a lot of questions. I waited for more weapons where available in conclave 2.0 months after it was introduced. More weapons will be added just wait.

The only thing explained from Devs is that weapons and frames will be added slowly; yet I wonder why they're putting them in so slowly and not have them in the game already to begin with.

Regarding rock, being a regular player doesn't justify Conclave having a large player base. If I run into him 50% of the time that shows there's very little people playing Conclave. Your logic makes no sense. Perhaps you should play games with popular multiplayers and tell me if you manage to run into the same player after leaving the match.

Whether MR6 takes 3 days or a week to get to, it still says Conclave is badly under advertised because it isn't at all. If you read my post, you would have read that DE currently does not do anything to let players know about Conclave, what it is, and how to play it. The fact that I had to eventually wonder into that tiny console in the liset and wonder what the hell Conclave is says DE needs to include Conclave in the beginner quest.

Claiming a thread that provides suggestions and criticism that is very well needed is plain ignorance on your part.

Conclave isn't underdeveloped. It's basic. In it's current form, it can very well be advertised already and tons would enjoy playing it. However, Conclave could be more than just basic and I see DE is making slow, but steady progress on that. However, like I said, they need to crucially address the fact that is underadvertised.

I keep scratching my head at MR 7+ people who don't know how to play capture the cephalon or know basic things such as equipping sigils for rewards. Players of all MR are confused about why they can't use mods or weapons.

MR 0 people who wander into conclave simply go "what is this?!" in chat.

Along with advertising, tutorial needed ASAP. New conclave experience is miserable and a shot in the dark. Wandering into conclave with no preparation or foreknowledge is surely a bad experience, especially when they immediately get slaughtered by experienced pvp players.

For many players, warframe pvp is their first pvp multiplier experience. They don't know basic things such as how to play 'kill confirmed' (oro) or capture the flag.

Edited by Pythadragon

I keep scratching my head at MR 7+ people who don't know how to play capture the cephalon or know basic things such as equipping sigils for rewards. Players of all MR are confused about why they can't use mods or weapons.

MR 0 people who wander into conclave simply go "what is this?!" in chat.

Along with advertising, tutorial needed ASAP. New conclave experience is miserable and a shot in the dark. Wandering into conclave with no preparation or foreknowledge is surely a bad experience, especially when they immediately get slaughtered by experienced pvp players.

For many players, warframe pvp is their first pvp multiplier experience. They don't know basic things such as how to play 'kill confirmed' (oro) or capture the flag.

Well warfrane will never be noob friendly the game is arena shooter hard no tutorial will change that. Only a little harder since eventually you learn repositioning is more important than aim somewhat.

Well warfrane will never be noob friendly the game is arena shooter hard no tutorial will change that. Only a little harder since eventually you learn repositioning is more important than aim somewhat.

Basic. Things. Like how to score a point in capture the cephalon. Or wtf is Oro.

Or even-

1. How to roll

2. How to front flip

3. How to gain conclave syndicate points.

You're not thinking from the perspective of someone who has never played a pvp shooter, at all.

Edited by Pythadragon