Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Am I Stuck Forever?!

Evanderlism

Question

So this has been on my mind for a while now. Basically ages ago in the middle of the "hidden messages" quest i ended up selling the blueprint for the mirage helmet. Now i understand i can just buy mirage but i'd love to have all of my quests completed. Whenever i go to a different quest and back to hers i end up at the same point with it telling me to craft the helmet. Sooooo...yeah. Will it forever be in my quest menu taunting me with incompletion?

16 answers to this question

Yeah, contact support.

I sold off my completed mirage, thinking I could just redo the quest again if I ever wanted to build that frame again.

Derp.  Didn't realize that repeating quests is not currently possible.  :\

So I contacted support about it and they reversed the sale of my full mirage frame for credits, as if the sale never happened.  So support can probably reverse the sale of your mirage helmet blueprint and deduct the credits you received, as if that sale never happened.

Oh also, if I remember correctly, it took like 3 days for support to get back to me on this.  So don't expect them to handle your request same-day.  But other than the wait, it was pretty straight-forward.

Hitch a ride with a friend of yours who hasn't done the quest, and get the BP from there

This worked for me with Limbo, allowing me to get the parts without having to wait the crafting time between parts. Don't know why it wouldn't work for Mirage.

Edited by Aeriusil

So this has been on my mind for a while now. Basically ages ago in the middle of the "hidden messages" quest i ended up selling the blueprint for the mirage helmet. Now i understand i can just buy mirage but i'd love to have all of my quests completed. Whenever i go to a different quest and back to hers i end up at the same point with it telling me to craft the helmet. Sooooo...yeah. Will it forever be in my quest menu taunting me with incompletion?

ages ago

Yes, you might very well be stuck

Would support help me if I sold her months ago? I didn't know back then that they could help with these things, I needed the slot, and didn't know I couldn't redo the quest. I mean, I'd be fine rebuilding all the parts from scratch again, so long as I got her back.

If it was too long ago they won't be able to. I don't remember what the exact cutoff date is. The best you can do is ask support, but not get your hopes up in case they say that it has been too long. If it really has been months it probably IS too late, but they won't bite your head off for asking politely, they'll just tell you it's been too late, so you might as well ask. 

I messed up in a similar way on the Mirage Quest (although I had already basically completed it), I was a newer player at the time and sold some of the pieces for credits and couldn't get them back to build Mirage and I still kick myself for it. By the time I asked support a long time had passed and it was too late, but perhaps it won't be too late for you, it really can't hurt. 

Also, people who say you can hitch a ride like the Limbo quest are misinformed as far as I know. I am pretty certain that Limbo is the only quest where other players get the pieces, and that's because they come up as "in mission" rewards through the excavator, instead of being awarded after you are back in your liset as part of the quest. I do not believe any other warframe quests allow you to taxi for the parts the way the Limbo one does. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

maybe in 2016 we will finally see the upgraded/reworked quest v2 system and ppl/noobs/vets will finally be able to repeat quests with limited rewards and ppl will be able to check out all the old previous events 

limited rewards - frames, but not say event specific rewards like taters/vandals/wraiths/mods/etc

maybe in 2016 we will finally see the upgraded/reworked quest v2 system and ppl/noobs/vets will finally be able to repeat quests with limited rewards and ppl will be able to check out all the old previous events 

limited rewards - frames, but not say event specific rewards like taters/vandals/wraiths/mods/etc

yeah this would be great

i just wish that right now if somebody hadn't completed a quest that there would be a simple restart mission button. So basically what you said...almost XD

Hitch a ride with a friend of yours who hasn't done the quest, and get the BP from there

This worked for me with Limbo, allowing me to get the parts without having to wait the crafting time between parts. Don't know why it wouldn't work for Mirage.

this doesn't work. the limbo parts are a reward for an excavation, while mirage blueprints are end of mission rewards. you get those only once.

I suggest taking a screenshot of your inventory where the Mirage helmet blueprint should be, and of your Quest page (from the Codex), and sending those into Warframe Support. I'm sure they'll add it to your inventory as soon as possible. It's the only way you're going to be able to complete the Hidden Messages.

I had an issue like that (sorta) happen with the incubator segment, waaay back when I started a year ago; that one, I could've found someone else doing it, but no one was doing it at the time...as soon as I got the segment added to my inventory, people started popping up all over the place wanting to do it... I wasn't impressed. DE was good about it, though, as usual. Hope you get the Quest completed soon! I know how annoying not being able to progress can be...