Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe And Vr

Valkyr-Umbra

So, has anyone heard anything, maybe in Devstream or Prime Time, about Warframe and VR, like oculus rift compatibility? Anybody want to play Warframe in VR?

It seems to me like VR might add a bit to Archwing especially, just seeing those skyboxes in VR could be really fun.

Damn, that's to bad, because somehow I don't see Warframe getting a first-person mode any time soon...

EDIT: as for the motion sickness, I hear that most people get used to it. At least personally I'm not worried about it, I've gotten pretty good at dealing with nausea.

Edited by Snowman486

I haven't heard anything about Warframe specifically.

But I do know third person games with VR are a nightmare. They only sound good on paper.

Trust me when I say it is not something you will enjoy.

Game devs seem to disagree.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/12/8774795/oculus-rift-third-person-insomniac-ted-price-edge-of-nowhere-chronos

Damn, that's to bad, because somehow I don't see Warframe getting a first-person mode any time soon...

There is the remote observer which let's you go into first person for 10 seconds I think ? It costs like 10credits or something in gear.

[EDIT] It lasts 20 seconds here's the wiki link

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Remote_Observer [EDIT]

Edited by lolmaster222

Well I think it would be fun, even if the view was fixed and only used as a view port.

Obviously VR is really meant for a first person perspective, but anything in 3 dimensions would be fun.

And obviously motion sickness would be a problem, but those who get motion sick generally already have in this game.

Game devs also disagree with things like "Colonial Marines was bad" and "We don't need more FNAF games"

I've worked on a couple of indie games with oculus rift support, and it's fine, in fact it's no different from FPS or a (properly layered) 3D movie.

3D is not about shoving things in your face, it's about layering and proper depth.