Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Little Brother Started Watching Anime

tinyranitar

Oh my god, what do I gotta do with him? Yesterday he was watching nice cartoon such as Gravity Fall and Phineas and Ferb and to a lesser degree, Steven Universe, and I enjoyed spending time with him.

But ever since I was busy with studying, he started to watch "cartoon". It was okay when the only thing he watched was Blue Dragon and after he finished the series, he asked me if I know what is Fairy Tail.

OH MY GOD OF COURSE I KNOW. IT'S THE SATAN THAT CORRUPTS INNOCENT AND PURE SOUL. 

How do I ever gonna save him from this hell of Chinese Cartoon? How do I make him stay away from this evil product? You can't trust things that were made in China!

Joke aside, seriously, I don't think he is old enough to watch it yet. (He is 12). So, yeah, any good show for him to watch that is not plagued with jigglyboobs? I would suggested Pokemon if I and him didn't sit through it last summer. Anime is okay too.

Edited by tinyranitar

There is a High School Zombie one, forgot the name but that should help.

AoT (yes overrated) no boobies though, very epic show about fighting giants

Fullmetal Alchemist (+Brotherhood) very very good series about some alchemistry, really cool overall

Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero -mythologic and ancient heroes bought up as "guardians" ish to fight for the holy grail along with a chosen human

Code Geass -war and very strategic battles

Steinsgate (starts really slow, but keep watching, towards the end it really comes together) -time travel

Deathnote -guy gets a book with a demon, write name and know their face and that person dies, he tries to change the world. Really damn good

After that you have stuff like Naruto,Bleach,Dragonball,Inuyasha etc. that are very big series.

If Shippuden seems too big, start off with the original Naruto series, it is IMO one of the best, ever.

These were some of the ones I enjoyed the most.

Was China the joke part?

Anyways, it's Not about prevents from watching them, it's about guiding them when stuffs that are inappropriate appears, he will learn it sooner or later, it's about how responsible you are when he needs the proper education over inappropriate topics.

For a slightly more serious answer, Tiger & Bunny is a decent anime. From what I can remember, its essentially about roller derby, but its a multibillion dollar industry and the tracks are larger than a city. Also the racers use suits that enhance their natural abilities and such.

Edited by Aoden

Mate I started watching anime when I was like nine I recommend him to watch anime, its pure eye candy and it can bring nice taste to the kid. Sure fairy tail has a few searing and bits of blood once in awhile. 

But i recommend if hes mature for his age, start him off with something nice like toradora, and just keep doing it till you think hes ready to watch the best anime's like AoT, overlord, log horizion, SAO, death note, and alot of others

But for now blue dragon, and fairytail and toradora would be good for him to start off, and if hes interested in story and action let him watch angel beats. and as well if he watches sub that's useful because i learned japanese from classes and learning from sub anime then dub.

Edited by herodude