Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Important Is Lore And Story To Your Warframe Experience On A Scale Of 1-10 And Why?

(PSN)Silverback73

The story isn't the main appeal of the game and I've long given up on Warframe lore making some cohesive and dramatic sense that gets me even a little bit immersed. I don't know, maybe showing the "weak and the innocent" Steel Meridian talks about could be a good start. Just anything to add illusion to Star Chart of it being alive. 

9, The story is hugely important to me, it's only eclipsed by the aesthetics and by extension setting. I find it very difficult to get enthused by cheezy looking designs even with a good story.

That said the I really want DE to get the basics just dealt with, personally I don't see "The Second Dream" as a big lore reveal, I see it as filling in the _bare minimum_ information for people to take this story seriously. I mean people are still thinking of Warframes as independent beings.... When we can't even agree that it's a single being experiencing the story they we're doomed from the very beginning.

Mystery is fine, but there are some basics, if you're going to give us amnesiac characters that a fine, and common mechanic, but don't hide things from the player that the Character should know, it's frustrating as hell.

Currently 3.

It could be 8-9. If the lore had been set at the beginning, if books, movies, manga, etc had been made about Warframe I would be far more immersed in the story and game world.  As it is over 2 years into the game and still not even knowing the basics of what a tenno is, I have given up on that and just play for the tactical battle experience with friends.

Also I am not a fan at all of the one Tenno idea and that all the frames are interchangeable suits. That seems to be the direction the Devs are taking,. As I don't like it at all, I am pretty much playing it just for the combat experience and ignoring the story

The gameplay is still good. The designs are still great. The Grind is... well the Grind still sucks but what can you do.

I say 8-9 now because the warframe universe must grow and be solid if is to survive. That is my simple conviction.

When I dig up my two favourite scifi games of the Past, the game tells me the story of the world I am going to try and save.

Homeworld tells it during the game, but the "Why am I doing this? " is given from the start.

Starcraft tells you about the conflict and the doom of the alien threat unless you fight yo survive. It reveals the backstory through 3 chapters but not everything.

Warframe needs to have a universe-frame that allow me to say casually:.

"You know when the Orokin first met the Sentients, those ships really were awesome. I wonder if the Corpus are hiding some of them at a secret location."

Han Solo is a Corellian. He was kicked out from the Academy because he had a softspot for alien opressed races, and have a problem with authority.

This led him to free wookies from slavers and made him a hero, even though he is a criminal, lier and gambler.

I want that kind of trivia on Hek or Nef and all the rest.

Well im LORE player ''tho'' gameplay in WF is awesome.

So regarding LORE i would give it 6.5/10

REASONS : lore is coming out too slow (almost 3 years of wf) And im sci-fi lover.

Thing that got me interested in Waframe was being original

Now its all going kinda sloow But i hope DE will go Crazy once again regarding lore and content and make this game even better :)

Edited by TennoPain

When I became a Tenno - 8

Once I realised there was no solid lore at all - 6

Simaris and the blurb instalments have it steadily decreasing with each new target - probably around 2 now.

Until DE stop wiffling around this BS teaser mysterio tactic and actually knuckle down to tell a damn story and put some real life into the universe - it will bottom out at 2.

And no I don't see how one cinematic quest will change this. Cutscenes =\= Story

I've really been enjoying the game so far without knowing much of the lore, but the longer I play, the more I start to long for a story. Or just explanations to why things are the way they are.

And I wish we could learn these things in-game, and not have to go to the wiki to get an idea of what is going on.