Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Played With Rebecca Once. Philosophy/psychology.

Nah_NotReally

I played with Rebecca once and I felt like I needed to be the best Vauban I could be. I wonder why that happens.

Why don't I have the deep urge to do an amazing job with players I've yet to know or have no massive following? It's very common to become a fan of someone or something, but why do we shift toward our best side when around key people in our fandom?

Curious thoughts for our knowledgeable, experienced, and/or studied Tenno.

I played with Rebecca once and I felt like I needed to be the best Vauban I could be. I wonder why that happens.

Why don't I have the deep urge to do an amazing job with players I've yet to know or have no massive following? It's very common to become a fan of someone or something, but why do we shift toward our best side when around key people in our fandom?

Curious thoughts for our knowledgeable, experienced, and/or studied Tenno.

Because you want to impress her/ make her proud.

In some way, people like you make Rebecca's job much more interesting...

As we can see in DevStreams and Prime Time, Rebecca is actually a very good player, or at least know what she's doing and doing it very correctly.

She had to keep up her pace with people want to show if off to her, or at least keep up with the pace and not to become "that one guy" in the team.

Because for anyone who pays attention we all know that Rebecca IS the Lotus, you just wanted to impress space mom

Would totally be on board for getting Rebecca a Lotus frame specifically for her

Edited by LilLemay

Or because you know Rebecca is a pretty girl. Historically men will do crazy things to impress a pretty girl. I've played with many devs in other games and I've never felt the need to impress them. But then I met a girl dev and suddenly I wanted to be superhuman.

Or maybe It's just me >.< 

We humans enjoy showing off in general.

Essentially what renegade just said.

It might also be part of natural instinct. We see famous/successful people, and know they're high up. Our animal instincts then say "if I'm in with this person, I'm protected from this/that/the other" and so we end up trying to impress them and become close to them.

Edited by Stratego89

Essentially what renegade just said.

It might also be part of natural instinct. We see famous/successful people, know they're high up. Our animal instincts then say "if I'm in with this person, I'm protected for this/that/the other" and so we end up trying to impress them and become close to them.

Or they are just prideful jerk.

I've played with Rebecca now and then.  Never did anything special while she was in the party.  She's fun to derp around with on voice, though.

I suppose that people feel a need to attempt to impress people who are famous, in hopes of being noticed and remembered.