Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove The Dark Sectors Armistice

Stelio-_Kontos

Biggest problem is deliberate disconnections in Solar rails.

Not the balance portion.

Yes players will resort to Metagaming to flip the advantage to their sides.

Until DE can make a more robust frame work or at least host Solar rails server side (like relays), the deliberate disconnections will rear it's ugly head again. 

To make fair on clan sizes only same size clans should be allowed to take each others solar rails

so under no circumstance should solar rail delta ever belong to a mountain clan and solar rail beta can never under any circumstance belong to a ghost clan? how do you plan to allow these rails to transition between sizes? space ninja magic going to come into play there?

It was cancer. There's a decent portion of the community who actually greatly enjoyed it. If you don't like it that's fine. I personally greatly enjoyed it. In fact for what you call cancer, it was the sole reason I wanted to play warframe, because I love games where guilds (in our case alliances) can war with each other. And I'm sure I'm not the only player that was attracted here by the Rails.

So yes, remove the armistice and let war resume.

Cheers.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

Who the heck is taxing 99% tax? Are you just speaking for PC players only? I can tell you as far as rails go on Xbox, I've played them for the longest and I have never seen anything close to 99% tax. Not even close.

Cheers

A few Alliances had insane taxes.  99% actually happened a couple times.  The combination of taxes, constant conflicts and PvP being added are the reasons many people stopped using the Dark Sectors. 

It'd be nice if taxes had some kind of hard limit.  i.e. cannot exceed 32% 

Hopefully they'll never get the taxes back^ but i support you since some player seems to enjoy this game mode.

Having some taxes make sense - the players are using a Solar Rail that is expensive and resource intensive to make and maintain, not to mention repair costs after a conflict.

To me, it's like paying taxes to keep the roads in repair and clear of snow/ice in the winter.  

Having taxes absolutely make sense. You spend your resources and money to deploy these rails and then battle pay to get people to fight on it, you should absolutely be able to get some tax and resrouces out of it.

As for this 99% non-sense, and that's what it is, non-sense I can't speak for you PC guys because I'm not on PC and even thought I think I have a clue as to who was responsible for that, I won't go into it here.

I can tell you on Xbox One this is not a thing. 10%-20% tax is the usual range our taxes fall under. I've never seen taxes remotely close to 99%. That's ridiculous.

Having some taxes make sense - the players are using a Solar Rail that is expensive and resource intensive to make and maintain, not to mention repair costs after a conflict.

To me, it's like paying taxes to keep the roads in repair and clear of snow/ice in the winter.  

Don't get me wrong i'm not against clan getting rewarded for owning a solar rail but i'm definitly against letting them set the taxes, past has proven that most of them don't deserve this kind of responsability.

Don't get me wrong i'm not against clan getting rewarded for owning a solar rail but i'm definitly against letting them set the taxes, past has proven that most of them don't deserve this kind of responsability.

Yeah, they really couldn't handle that responsibility.

Still, hard stop on the taxes would be an amazing addition.

Actually players should be able to set the taxes. Sure DE can impose a cap on it (what else are they not imposing these days anyways. They already imposed an armistice. I'm sure they can impose a tax ceiling).

But players should get to set the taxation within that range. What people fail to discuss here is battle pay. people keep discussing how much it cost to deploy a rail, this and that. Well battle payouts are a huge part too. A lot of players fight on certain rails just to get rich. Battle payouts can range anywhere from 50K to 100K to 125K so on and so forth.

Actually players should be able to set the taxes. Sure DE can impose a cap on it (what else are they not imposing these days anyways. They already imposed an armistice. I'm sure they can impose a tax ceiling).

But players should get to set the taxation within that range. What people fail to discuss here is battle pay. people keep discussing how much it cost to deploy a rail, this and that. Well battle payouts are a huge part too. A lot of players fight on certain rails just to get rich. Battle payouts can range anywhere from 50K to 100K to 125K so on and so forth.

How would you suggest battle pay be handled differently?

Personally, some kind of balance would be nice, so that we don't have Alliances/Clans seeking out the smaller opponents who can't come close to comparable battle pay.

The solar rail at the Outer Terminus will likely be an important part of the update, it being a sort of landing zone for the Sentienf. So if the rails are being featured in the quest, then rail conflicts are presumably coming back. Maybe dark sectors will now all include Sentient instead of awkward infested?

I don't think battle pay should be handled differently. I mean it makes sense. Just like in real life. Uncle Sam has deep pockets and is a big spender so Uncle Sam gets to send 300K troops abroad. Same concept here, we saved that battle pay up, and in the beginning we farmed that pay ourselves. it wasn't even from taxes.

We knew that economically you had to be ready to pay to fight. It's the way wars work, virtual or real.

If you're not ready to take a rail and hold it you shouldn't throw money in the water. You should keep your head down, farm your butt off, recruit your butt off, working on making the right alliances with other clans, and then try and test the waters.

You can't have a war that's meant to be equal? That goes against the very definition of warfare. You can't have dark sectors where everyone has a piece of the pie. That's not how war works. DE built a virtual space where we can conduct virtual warfare but only the ones who've prepared themselves overall (including the economics of it) should be able to continue fighting.

A lot of times people say oh it's unfair when a large alliance goes up against a small one. And it's easy to take the side of the small alliance. But I'll tell you right now many of these alliances go into the Rail Conflicts thinking they are ready, but they aren't. And that's on them.

And I know this for a fact because I get a lot of PMs from leaders of other clans and alliances talking smack saying they're going to get us. That's fine. In fact I personally enjoy the smack talking but if you talk that smack then don't act surprised why we're coming after you. And don't start complaining when you lose. The armistice is on right now, so there's nothing that can be done. But when the wars were going on, people were talking smack all the time. But you guys don't see that or hear that. The non-Rail participants just see oh this 'larger alliance' is beating up a 'smaller alliance' but trust me that's not all that's to it.

I don't think battle pay should be handled differently. I mean it makes sense. Just like in real life. Uncle Sam has deep pockets and is a big spender so Uncle Sam gets to send 300K troops abroad. Same concept here, we saved that battle pay up, and in the beginning we farmed that pay ourselves. it wasn't even from taxes.

We knew that economically you had to be ready to pay to fight. It's the way wars work, virtual or real.

If you're not ready to take a rail and hold it you shouldn't throw money in the water. You should keep your head down, farm your butt off, recruit your butt off, working on making the right alliances with other clans, and then try and test the waters.

You can't have a war that's meant to be equal? That goes against the very definition of warfare. You can't have dark sectors where everyone has a piece of the pie. That's not how war works. DE built a virtual space where we can conduct virtual warfare but only the ones who've prepared themselves should be able to continue fighting.

A lot of times people say oh it's unfair when a large alliance goes up against a small one. And it's easy to take the side of the small alliance. But I'll tell you right now many of these alliances go into the Rail Conflicts thinking they are ready, but they aren't. And that's on them.

So basically having some kind of informative FAQ about Solar Rails to help people understand what they're signing up for as well as a general outline of what to aim for.

Right now, Warframe lets you drive in head first, and leaves out the part where that end of the pool is only 3 feet deep. 

Has anyone written a DS/SR For Dummies Guide yet?  

@ Noamuth - Okay, I see what you were asking about. Sorry I guess I mistook your question.

Yes I agree with you that there should be more of an easy and informative FAQ on Solar Rails and in there it should definitely list out that people need to be well FINANCIALLY prepared (in terms of in-game credits, not real money of course) to finance their conflicts. And it could even give people an idea of what the average conflict cost and what kind of battle pay they are looking at.

Yes I think all of that would be very helpful. So I agree.

If ds ever to return I hope this will happen:

1. No tax, as there are many irresponsible people out there. We should learn from past history.

2. Every clan/alliance are given the same ammout of credit to buy tenno to fight on their side, how they manage this credits depends on them. The more they spend it the more tenno will be on their side but the downside is that they willl get less of this credits at the end of the war.To prevent exploit, the remains of the losing team war fund will be given to the winner, if the losing team war fund are reduced to 0, then the winner will not get any extra credit from their opponent.

3. Winning team will get a ratio of 1:3:3:3 of resources from that particular nod equivalent to 150% of resources that they have spend to  developed the rail.

Edited by Lunamare

@ Lunamare - Giving every alliance the same amount of credits to work with doesn't make anything fair just so you know which is what I assume you are striving for. This sense of "fairness". Larger Alliances will still have the advantage of naturally having more people to potentially fight the wars on top of whose willing to take up the banner for battle pay.

Also this isn't cutthroat kitchen where everyone gets $25K and you keep what you have left.

Giving everyone the same amount of credits to finance their war is handing it to a lot of the alliances out there who never took the time to save up their vaults for war. Who never put in the time to farm in between conflicts when credits weren't picking up. Heck who never took the time period to farm in the very first place and just wanted to talk smack when during the wars (and believe me there's a lot of them out there. I know from personal experience I can harken back to).

What about all the alliances who put in the effort? All the alliances who put in the work to make sure their vaults were well financed for these rails? Just cause some alliance c out there didn't do their homework doesn't mean they should have an even playing field to start out with.

And this pretty much defeats the purpose of having 'war'? Oh lets start everyone off on an even playing field, because that's exactly what happens in wars. 

While we're at it lets also hand everyone participation awards lolol.

Cheers