Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Megathread: Saryn Revisited.

[DE]Rebecca

no it isn`t, I have tried both, now with less strength than before it does overall more damage if you actually bother proccing viral or toxin to buff it not mash the 4 button and expect them to melt

If you actually bother to proc viral or toxin like you say, the enemies will already be dead by another player before you get around to miasma. Not to mention the increased energy effect to get similar results.

Then if the enemies are high level and you proc / miasma, it's not enough damage to kill before they can kill you.

Saryn needs an entire rework, DoT does not belong in warframe.

The new armor is also the most ugly thing I've ever seen in a video game shooter. Out of all the poisonous things available in nature to choose, we get a flower.

Saryn is going to the cooler with my Kubrows.

Edited by Educated_Beast

I respectfully disagree. That being said, I'm sure the Devs will take note of your feedback as well as the hundreds of other threads. I hope they don't revert their changes though, but instead build upon them.

Could have not said it better.

P.S. Seeing so many "KEEP IT SIMPLE" lines, made me think how you'd preform at Tetris. No offense intended.

I'm sorry to hear you're so brain scared and affected. But I hardly think there's a solution for someone that wants something to nuke everything in his way, in an online game, where things should be or get fair from all players perspective.

And by the way, I'm happy to know there's some one that his only concern is to criticize me.

Your definition of 'All players perspective' means 'Me me me!.' which was made clear in your 'For the Love of Me nerf Snowglobe' thread.  After that failed you thought it was fair to implement a kicking option, for elitists such as yourself. In that thread you made it clear that you are god and you don't listen to anyone else.

Offer constructive solutions to problems and I would pat you on the back. But you're self-obsessed so that won't happen.

I respectfully disagree. That being said, I'm sure the Devs will take note of your feedback as well as the hundreds of other threads. I hope they don't revert their changes though, but instead build upon them.

Never said I want a rollback. I want they got THE THING.

Developing a game is not always equal to make it more complicated, and this is not always equal to make it right, or enjoyable.

Your time is not wasted. You yourself limited your mindset and play style to only one variation, that variation happens to be the least favorable among DE and the player base and is openly shown to be so. You continue to pursue this play style, and then get angry when you refuse to adapt to something you know is already coming. 

Also, Rhino is probably the last nukeframe left standing, for now. 

I simply hate DoT in any game I play. It's too slow, especially in a "space ninja" game. Rhino is a nukeframe? I've been playing him as a melee tank. My time is wasted in a sense that I found a frame I really liked, built her in just the way that fits my playstyle, and now will sell her because of the way she got changed, she doesn't fit my play style at all any more. The only thing I regret is the damn catalyst I've got on her.

This thread is hilarious. I personally LOVE Saryn's rework; she can actually do more now besides mindlessly spam 4 (spamming 4 still works, of course). And yet people are STILL complaining about it. Ain't human psychology wonderful?

Oh, and for all those freaking out about how Saryn's "not viable" anymore (which isn't really true, BTW): that doesn't matter. Warframe is not a game where you're supposed to run between room instantly killing everything. Each Warframe is supposed to have a unique powerset which you use in creative and fun ways. I'm sorry that you demand that Warframes all conform to a highly specific "meta" where you use one or two abilities over and over and nothing else. Because it's not like they have four or anything, right?

You seem to have missed the point to this but lets try again:

Saryn is now gimped for efficient group play. You will never Saryn named asked for again in recruitment. Say goodbye to all end game content

unless your clan is kind enough to carry your frame in a raid .

I didn`t do any math work, but by experimenting, I can tell it`s the exact same, but differently distributed, less damage per tick, more ticks, therefore almost same damage but less DPS... maybe it`s not a buff, but it`s still good, tested on a lvl 50 corrupted gunner in simulacrum, she had viral and toxin on her, and miasma dealt 1300/tick and did 4 ticks, almost 5200 damage in total.... it almost one shot the gunner, left with like 10% HP, definitely more than it would do before rework, at void she`d stop killing any heavies by level 40 with negative dur. and max. strength on her, so overall I believe it`s a buff, and if not, one power nerfed to average, 3 buffed, still good

Never said I want a rollback. I want they got THE THING.

Developing a game is not always equal to make it more complicated, and this is not always equal to make it right, or enjoyable.

Saryn, just like every other aspect of the game, is still subject to change. I'm quite sure that with all of the negative feedback regarding her updated skill set she will be improved in some way or another. Repetitively typing KEEP IT SIMPLE doesn't offer much for feedback. All frames should have powers that complement one another. Maybe not all of their powers, but there should definitely be a certain cohesive aspect to their powers. I appreciate what they tried to do with Saryn, but in the end it was implemented poorly.

If you actually bother to proc viral or toxin like you say, the enemies will already be dead by another player before you get around to miasma. Not to mention the increased energy effect to get similar results.

Then if the enemies are high level and you proc / miasma, it's not enough damage to kill before they can kill you.

Saryn needs an entire rework, DoT does not belong in warframe.

The new armor is also the most ugly thing I've ever seen in a video game shooter. Out of all the poisonous things available in nature to choose, we get a flower.

Saryn is going to the cooler with my Kubrows.

I will agree that the DOT mechanic is lame, but u can simply leave her if u don`t like her

but in team u can just spam spores all over, and anyway it`s not like KS is bad in WF, is it?

no u won`t, it still kills by 40 minutes in t3 survival....

u do realize the armor is not forced on you? people should leave what they dislike instead of whine....

at void she`d stop killing any heavies by level 40 with negative dur. and max. strength on her, so overall I believe it`s a buff,

You was using Saryn so wrong. Ya Saryn falls off in higher level, but lvl 40 is a piece of cake. No matter how you "feel" it's buffed, the cold hard numbers tell us otherwise.

Could have not said it better.

P.S. Seeing so many "KEEP IT SIMPLE" lines, made me think how you'd preform at Tetris. No offense intended.

Yeah keep it simple, because when you hit level 630, to erase the blocks, the only right way to do it, is keeping it simple.

(Dude I'd just to say thank you for giving me the opportunity to post you this example)

You was using Saryn so wrong. Ya Saryn falls off in higher level, but lvl 40 is a piece of cake. No matter how you "feel" it's buffed, the cold hard numbers tell us otherwise.

I was using the exact same way u say u did, minimum duration and maximum strength and a stretch thrown in for fun...

and yea 40 is a piece of cake, but it didn`t die to miasma pre & post rework....

Like I said, one nerfed a little, 3 buffed, fair enough to me, know the main powers I use are 3 and 1, 2 still has its place even without augment, 4 is for bigass groups...

+1

When the game was slower paced and energy was shared in Closed Beta, I could understand. I actually miss how much slower paced and meaningful the game was.

Example:

is gameplay from early 2013. Do you see how slow it is? How much of a different feel the game has?

Please capture that again, DE. It is more faithful to dark sector and is more fun for the players. 

To be fair, the players in that video are proceeding at a plodding pace.  Was sliding even a thing in that build?  

I do wish there were fewer, more powerful enemies instead of spam-inducing hordes.  Warframe really lost its old, more industrial(?) aesthetic in favor of a  more goofy, less subtle aesthetic over the past 3 years.  I miss the old lighting, simple frame designs, and ambient music tracks.  U14 really hit me hard, especially the horrible UI we have now vs the super clean, efficient, atmospheric UI we had as late as U13.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

Saryn is alot more fun to play right now but I feel that it needs some changes her ability:

1. Spores explodes on enemy kill, its really awkward to play in groups now because enemy just dies before you get the chance to proc it. The 1~s delay on cast needs to go.

2. Molt scales with your health/armor, it just dies when you fight higher difficulties, and you loose the heal for augment mod if molt dies (might be bug.)

3. Toxic Lash affects primary/secondary would be nice but the main issue is that you need to block to get the damage reduction, basicly forcing you to play purely meele on higher difficulty. 

4. Miasma the main issue is that its awkward to get the multipliers on all the targets before you can cast it, miasma should spread both DoTs if there is a target that has both. 

The biggest issue on the rework is that its really hard to mod, Saryn needs everything to function correctly.

+1

When the game was slower paced and energy was shared in Closed Beta, I could understand. I actually miss how much slower paced and meaningful the game was.

Example:

is gameplay from early 2013. Do you see how slow it is? How much of a different feel the game has?

Please capture that again, DE. It is more faithful to dark sector and is more fun for the players. 

Aiming for the head?!! You would give the power creepers a heart attack at such a crazy idea, but seriously I wish warframe was more like the old times in terms of player power vs enemy power.

I do understand what your trying to say, OP, in regards to how casting multiple powers can slow you down. Several frames need to do this, Chroma, Mesa (if your not just using peacemaker), etc.

However, I prefer dynamicism over simplicity, as press 4 room nuking can, and usually is, boring or disruptive to the flow for everyone else in the game.

The need to spam all powerful room nuking abilities is only applicable in circumstances where by all rights you should die. So, I am not a big advocate of arguements that WF kits should be built around doing that.

Saryn, still has powers that scale, like the stun she gets with here spores, and the aggro decoy from Molt. And yes, stacking her powers will unleash a ton of damage. It may not be as fast but each of her powers do more and work together better. So, she isn't a dumb, all powerful, nuke anymore, that is just fine by me and plenty of other players. So, I don't think naysayers are going to get as much traction on this as they would like.

And I shouldn't have to say this, but incase it comes up, "but it's a PVE game, who cares about balance?"

When I read or hear things like this, I cringe. Worse, when I am playing the game and have my flow and rhythm going, then all of a sudden everything dies. I have to play catch up to the room nuker, I am reminded why I used to never play multiplayer games. A room nuke is ok, but a room spam is disruptive to the game, to immersion, to flow of play. Specifically on typical tiles, not specifically in high level defense or similar missions where it is more reasonable.

Point is, people, PVE is not single player, there are others playing, and room nuking is boring and ugly and lazy. It's pushing playstyles and goals that aren't necessarily reasonable becuase nuke spamming distorts the games difficulty.

Oh and if this about farmers and how they want to farm more easily. I have no interest in farmers in-game trading empire. In the end Saryn is a more dynamic frame and the bar for game difficulty has shifted some.

DE doesn't support the "Press 4 to win" method of gameplay.They want players to use her other abilities also.She has been buffed now.

The thing is that "Press 4 to win" was invented to help players survive BOREDOM of doing sometimes more then 50 runs of same mission over and over and over again to just get one part, I know that it cant be too easy since DE must earn money but RNG this bad is ridiculous since people must also farm for keys to even have a chance to get part I want, for example spend last few hours just to get one T3 MD key which didnt get me part I want, of course one run isnt much but I already did over 30 runs on T3 MD without success.

DE promised us that they will do something about RNG soon but  they did nothing to fix it, they said starchart will fix the problem which was originalyl supposed to come out during update 17 but got pushed further and further away eventually they said that for sure starchart will comeout in update 18, but now they are saying that it probably wont come out in update 18 or even 18.5 which means that we will have to wait many months to get it.

So if they are going to change abilties in such way that farming will be even more boring then they should first release new starchart.

Even when doing all combo's she is still weaker then before "rework",no one will bring her to long endless mission for sure....

Saryn, just like every other aspect of the game, is still subject to change. I'm quite sure that with all of the negative feedback regarding her updated skill set she will be improved in some way or another. Repetitively typing KEEP IT SIMPLE doesn't offer much for feedback. All frames should have powers that complement one another. Maybe not all of their powers, but there should definitely be a certain cohesive aspect to their powers. I appreciate what they tried to do with Saryn, but in the end it was implemented poorly.

A work poorly done is not appreciated, unless we are all 12 years old and we did't know what is this.

The KEEP IT SIMPLE is a reminder for other aspects of the game like:

damage 2.0

All those changes, all those combination, but still corrosive and fire is the best choice for 3 of 4 type of enemies  on this game.

(there was a great video explaining it, maybe saw while seeing mogamu,, but now I dont remember)

movement 2.0

We still dont give a crap about shooting while latched on a wall, or while sliding.

Am I wrong ?

As much as i agree with the action i find her lacking in the actual reward. Her build has become monstrus strengh duration range and you need way more energy too.... combined with being forced in melee range with less HP than before. I find her interesting, the skin looks beatiful but i do not

see her in any mission that could be considered more difficult. She is now a medicore frame without serious place in any decent squad or raid

composition. She got more interesting but she lost her role. That may change when they fix the 2 already confirmed bugs or rescale some numbers.

But in my case she just evolved from ugly infested to beatiful glasscannon that shoots cottonballs.

what bugs?