Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright, Saryn Advices Go!

F_deel

Question

So, people has been divided into the ones who loathe Saryn and ones who celebrate her on the newer more active playstyle. So for you who's in the latter camp, show me some builds and how to use them. And don't tell me it's not worth it, because for this once, Yoda is wrong, there is a chance to try

22 answers to this question

ignore her 3

1: Jump into enemys

2: Cast Molt

3: Jump into another nearby group

4: Cast Molt again

5: Cast Miasma

6: Cast Spore on remaining enemys (will be only eximus units)

7: Cast Miasma Again

8: ???

9: Profit

Edit: Screw the stupid spreading mechanic of Spore, it's too finnicky and her 3 is dumb as well

since molt procs Toxin you are guarranteed to get bonus damage on Miasma

Edited by Helch0rn

Well... I used her with this build before and after the rework I called it "Special Tank", and still works for me:

Catalyst and ... the other thingie, 2 formas.

aura: physique, Mobilize on extra slot for faster movement (you can put rush here, but needs another forma).

rage, vitality, redirection, armor mod, armored agility, regenerative molt, primed flow and rapid resilience. 

With this build you'll effectively survive in tier4 survival 40+ minutes using molt to get away from enemies and shooting them down, with a nuker like tonkor or penta.  also you can replace the aura with the other one or use furis + augment mod or a meele with life strike for extra healing capabilities. 

Edited by Lokime

ignore her 3

Edit: Screw the stupid spreading mechanic of Spore, it's too finnicky and her 3 is dumb as well

thats too expensive is an absurd amount of energy to deal a pretty meh damage

@Helch0rn - It's sad that you've already found a way to Saryn nuke, when the entire point of the change was to get rid of Saryn nuking

it's not my Fault.

also it's a "duration" based build.... well it uses more duration than the old nuke

80 Duration

170 efficiency

145 range

180 strengh

primed continuity is 8/10 (will be maxxed once I get enough cores) and transient is 9/10 (will be maxxed too)

thats too expensive is an absurd amount of energy to deal a pretty meh damage

It's worse than before, that's true, but at least I don't have to deal with pseudo combos to get decent damage

Edited by Helch0rn

Looking at her.. she did'nt change that much. I never relied on miasma or used it unless i needed a quick aoe stun. Just aslong as 1 and 2 are as effective as before i'll be happy.

The HP nerth is a concern though I loved using her in nightmare missions with that hp safety net. Now its gone :(

ignore her 3

Ha, bonus damage. Old Miasma did more damage than this. I'll throw some numbers up later.

Weapons like the ogris that deal splash damage rapidly set off spores.  

Casting spores on the molt allows the molt to function as a remote spore bomb.

Miasma does bonus damage under toxin or viral effects... like spore.  Use your molt as a spore bomb, then drop in for the miasma.

While natural talent does speed up animations, it does not speed up the rate in which spores form on the initial target.

Spores take a second to form on an initial target.

Spore can be cast while shooting and moving.

Edited by Rennagade

Ha, bonus damage. Old Miasma did more damage than this. I'll throw some numbers up later.

My mains are Mag and Saryn, I know Miasma did more damage before.

But since old Miasma is dead and most likely won't come back the numbers don't matter.

also: a dead mob is a dead mob. It doesn't matter is you killed it with 10 damage or 10000

Edited by Helch0rn

Here is the build from AGayGuyPlays. Pretty much it works for me now

ALSO there are people telling that Saryn + Ignis can make pretty good duo now. I should test it

I didn't know that Miasma detonates Molt before applying damage.  That's actually not bad.  Forgetting Spores altogether you could still deal some significant damage just by dropping a Molt and using Miasma.  This would be very beneficial against high level infested.  I'm still not impressed, but I'm less upset about it.  Trying to keep an open mind.

If you want some quick aoe damage, try cast in the sequence of 214. Press 1 immediately after 2. If you are not aiming at enemies, the spores will attach to Molt automatically. The damage within Molt explosion range is decent, but it's not large to be honest.

Edited by Eric1738

3 builds are pretty viable right now;

Nuke:

75% efficiency, keep positive duration, range and strength

Cast Molt, Cast Spore on Molt, hit Miasma - 6x Miasma damage and the toxin/viral procs from Spore and Molt on enemies. 75% more expensive than before but around 2x more damage (because of the viral proc, not in the numbers that pop up). Does take some time to deal it's full damage amount tho.

Debuff;

Max range, high duration; occasionally cast Molt, Spore on Molt, purely to spread the Viral debuff. Or just spore and enemy and shoot the spore. Proceed to murder enemies with an AoE weapon like the Ignis, taking advantage of halved enemy health. Can go high strength and install the Venom augment (its still called venom on the augment card) to provide some damage buffing to teammates.

Melee:

Vit, Armor, Rage, Stretch and/or OE, PCont, Fleeting and/or Streamline, if you still have room runspeed, RMolt or PFlow+QT. 

Keep Toxic Lash active on your weapon, which no longer needs to be restricted to one of the high-block weapons to keep from getting shredded.

Cast Spore on an enemy, melee them - spore will spread, giving nearby enemies 1/2 health and making it easy to find them from the damage popups. Rinse+Repeat as needed.

ignore her 3

10. G3 came in

11. Cast molt, opps out of energy

it required for enemies to be affected by toxin or viral to make her miasma good, 3rd skill make her block damage better yet make it stronger,

so basically what i do is casting mold then infect the mold with spore which instantly spread the spores to other nearby enemies whenever the spores being casted to the mold.

then i put the 3rd skill augment whereas explode enemies to gas cloud when killed which procs toxin while activating 3rd skill with melee weapon on for more tank-yness with blocking.   

when both toxin and viral is on the enemies, i cast miasma, it deals like 4-ish times the damage it seems.