Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Cautious Releases?

DameDameNingen

So the general feeling among a pretty large section of the forum is that the saryn rework is lacklustre. She's already got a couple of buffs in the new hotfix, just a couple of days after release. If you recall, atlas was released in a pretty sorry state as well, and buffed up to his current state pretty quickly.

My question is: Do you think this is the result of DE having become more cautious about releasing OP content? It would be understandable given how much bile they get showered with whenever something broken gets nerfed?

Buffs make people happy, nerfs make people sad.

Seems better to err on the side of weak so there's room to grow, no?

That being said, this has happened many times in the past; it's not a new thing. Do you remember how many buffs Valkyr had before she got to where she is? She used to be such a joke; she broke like tissue paper.

It's a result of overestimating how much players are willing to jump onto a new playstyle

The Saryn rework exemplifies just how little the playerbase was willing to experiment with her 1 (which isn't necessarily our fault). Her 1 is actually DEVASTATING in its own right, and the rework was designed to force players to actually try it out

It's like when the Zerg Rush was (supposedly) nerfed in the early days of Starcraft; one specific tactic was nerfed in order to force players to focus on the OTHER tactics that were designed, but the players never tried them out because there was no incentive to

Edited by TARINunit9

Yah i prefer this over the other less people *@##$ing they draco rushed forma on a frame or weapon release day because it was op then it got nerfed and they then complain DE baited them into wasting time money and effortless 

Nah, sometimes it takes thousands of players to notice something a small dev team may not.

I feel like this is the main problem most of us have with reworks. DE tries to be very cautious in their reworks, but can't discover the reproccussions of the changes until thousands of players take it for a spin. This is, partially, why warframe is such a successful game: the community helps the developers calibrate the changes they make, with many voices on any side of an issue.

Frankly I think they're mostly focusing on making the reworks functional with a minimum of bugs and than making small tweaks here and there in terms of actual damage values and scaling in response to feedback, really though I've been satisfied with the method so far. Really It's much easier to start low than slowly build up a 'frame's power rather than having it comes out OTT and having to knock it down, also it involves far less stepping on toes.

Edited by Basilisk1991

I feel like this is the main problem most of us have with reworks. DE tries to be very cautious in their reworks, but can't discover the reproccussions of the changes until thousands of players take it for a spin. This is, partially, why warframe is such a successful game: the community helps the developers calibrate the changes they make, with many voices on any side of an issue.

Yep.

We're technically still in Beta making us Beta testers so it goes hand in hand too.

Edited by Vaxillian

The community is happy when a weak thing gets buffed.

The community is mad when a strong thing gets nerfed.

If you were a designer, would you err on the side of weak or strong?

I'd take a number one please, can I get a side of buffed potatoes with that?

Edited by Basilisk1991