Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Miasma Costs Too Much Energy?

PROzeKToR

So since saryn is now focused on using her abillities frequently at the same time for creating combos- i find myself often struggling to use miasma because it costs too much energy and i either don't have enough energy to use it or i use it and i don't have any left to use other abillities

So how about decreasing the energy cost?

its not a problem since the range is still too small to make Miasma worth using 100 energy.

Thanks DE

keep the content up and running :P

They are, but they're not anywhere near as reliant on ability combos as Miasma is now.

He is right, for DE has never tried this before, making Saryn the first frame to receive an Ultimate that is not a standalone ability. 

Unless yu count Limbo. Now that is another matter.

I think a bit more testing is required to determine whether current Miasma is ok or not. I ended up with 70% efficiency on my Saryn build, which seems to be more than enough to spam abilities as much as I want to. In the end, I found myself relying on her first two abilities way more than on Miasma and using Miasma only from time to time as a finishing move. That sounds about right, I suppose. I've yet to take her deep into T4, but she breezed through the first 20 minutes even with an unoptimal gear setup.

What if miasma was made toggle?

Thought about that today, would make it work very well with her other abilities if it was this giant gas cloud following her causing enemies a quick stagger and dealing extra damage to those affected by spore and toxic lash a lot more actively.

I think bring Miasma down to 75 is the way to go.  It needs spore to work well now, so that is 25.  Bringing Spore+Miasma down from 125 base cost to 100 would put it fairly on par with other warframes.

Couldn't agree more, Other 100 energy abilities that are similar provide much more in utility+damage than Miasma does.

Edited by TGKazein

He is right, for DE has never tried this before, making Saryn the first frame to receive an Ultimate that is not a standalone ability. 

Unless yu count Limbo. Now that is another matter.

Ember would disagree here. In case of Ember it is even more imporatant since one skill not only fueles all others as far as dps goes but also all weapon based damage for yourself and team.

In my personal opinion, I do agree that misama should be cheaper and do more damage(like 500 at base, what with both buffs up would be a bit under 9k in a negative duration build geared towards high power strength similar as Ember uses). Toxic lesh should affect all weapons with a higher multiplier like 150% at start. Currently Saryn offers some of the more fancy gameplay mechanics like Ember did before U17, where status weapons, range and stacking of procs to deal damage becomes important. However the frame simply lacks the punch compared to Ember as rather close range and mobile caster.

Id like to point out that miasma, for a single casting, does similar damage to some other "nukeall" abilities. Its just that unlike these other nukeall abilities, miasma can deal much more damage under the right circumstances.

I do not think the energy cost is too high.

Id like to point out that miasma, for a single casting, does similar damage to some other "nukeall" abilities. Its just that unlike these other nukeall abilities, miasma can deal much more damage under the right circumstances.

I do not think the energy cost is too high.

Ash's bladestorm has the potential to do upwards of 13k+ dot and that's if they survive the initial bladestorm hit.

So no that is not true.

People have been saying now you have to press three buttons instead of one. Try logic, you are spending close to three times the amount of energy to do the same amount of energy one move would do. 100 energy dead enemies old Saryn. New Saryn, 100+25+50 if you want fancy hell 75. Yup, totally worth it..-_-

I'm just gonna copy+paste what I typed into the mega-thread on page 5 (now page 6). Blade storm was not included for obvious reasons.

Miasma - 15m, 1400 total damage over 3 seconds.

Avalanche - 15m, 1500 total damage, and armor reduction on enemies hit by 40% (base and scales with str) and freezes for a short duration.

Radial Javeline (costing 25 energy less) - 25m, potential to hit 12 enemies with 1000 total damage (and stuns enemies that it doesn't kill for a short duration).

Overload - 20m, 900 total damage over 4s but, stuns affected enemies the entire duration.

World on fire (for 100 energy used...) Lasts about 16.6 seconds - 15m, 400 damage per shot and hits 2-4.5 enemies PER SECOND, and has a 35% status chance (which will stagger for a short time).

Prism (for 100 energy used...) Lasts about 5 seconds - 30m, 750 minimum total damage to a single target with the potential to hit 20 enemies per second, and blinds all affected enemies upon prism death in a 25m radius.

Tentacle Swarm - 4000 total FINISHER damage over 20 seconds, potential to hit 12 enemies and pulls them out of the fight while killing them.

Edited by TGKazein

Ash's bladestorm has the potential to do upwards of 13k+ dot and that's if they survive the initial bladestorm hit.

So no that is not true.

Bladestorm takes a while to use and it might be better, yes.

Amazingly, I hear that bladestorm is getting a rework. How quaint.

Also, one case doesn't invalidate what I said about miasma.

Miasma deal a decent bunch of damage, which can be multiplied to no end.

Edited by VinnyBoy

I'm just gonna copy+paste what I typed into the mega-thread on page 5 (now page 6). Blade storm was not included for obvious reasons.

Miasma - 15m, 1400 total damage over 3 seconds.

Avalanche - 15m, 1500 total damage, and armor reduction on enemies hit by 40% (base and scales with str) and freezes for a short duration.

Radial Javeline (costing 25 energy less) - 25m, potential to hit 12 enemies with 1000 total damage (and stuns enemies that it doesn't kill for a short duration).

Overload - 20m, 900 total damage over 4s but, stuns affected enemies the entire duration.

World on fire (for 100 energy used...) Lasts about 16.6 seconds - 15m, 400 damage per shot and hits 2-4.5 enemies PER SECOND, and has a 35% status chance (which will stagger for a short time).

Prism (for 100 energy used...) Lasts about 5 seconds - 30m, 750 minimum total damage to a single target with the potential to hit 20 enemies per second, and blinds all affected enemies upon prism death in a 25m radius.

Tentacle Swarm - 4000 total FINISHER damage over 20 seconds, potential to hit 12 enemies and pulls them out of the fight while killing them.

This. Frost is used for globe, not Avalanche. Volt is used for shield and speed, not Overload. Prism is used for the CC, not damage. Tentacle Swarm is used for the farm and soft CC, not damage. 

Has Sayrn gotten another amazing ability that makes the decreased effectiveness of her ult acceptable? Maybe. but the energy cost of trying to chain her abilities together to make them good (which they are) is so high compared to other frames I think it is reasonable to bring down the cost depending on what happens in the next week or two as players see how far new Sayrn can go. 

Miasma deal a decent bunch of damage, which can be multiplied to no end.

It can be multiplied by 2 100% buffs, what does require status weapons or syndicate procs to keep up.

As stated last page, with toxic lash at 150% base and applied to all weapons it could be interesting weapon based dps frame, even more so if the toxin dot would scale off all toxin damage of the weapon + the added toxin damage, at what point it would be a fairly strong dot dps frame, being less dependend on miasma at high levels outside of CC, quite smilar to Ember.

Just as a example:

Vaykor Hek, pure toxic modded does 4.6k toxic damage. Adding crit, this is over 9.4k, a ton more on headshots. Adding the 277.5% multiplier(with 150% base and 185% power strength) would lift this to 26k with a dot of 13k per second(fully stackalbe).

With this the frame would be fairly comparable to Ember, a bit more fexible with damage types at the cost of raw dps and not totally focused around status weapons(what Ember was till U17, and hopefully will be again one day).

Edited by Djego27