The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Not Sure Whether To Buy The Saryn Orphid Skin Or Not

XxCurtennoxX

On one hand, i am actually enjoying playing Saryn now. She's finally a fun frame and i find the rework great.

On the other hand, i'm not sure how long i'll actually find her fun. There's 2 new warframes coming out in the very near future, too.

On my third mutated hand, i can't justify spending 160 plat on a skin for a frame that is very likely to be getting a prime version soon. What if i don't want to use the 160p skin on Saryn prime because the prime looks so fantastic? 

And on my fourth hand (Yes i have 4), i don't want to buy the skin before they're done with her rework. I really want DE to increase her survivability. It's her main/only problem. I want to wait to see if they do this in some way. They could also, however, make her worse with future changes.

This is a risky plat investment when i only have around 240 plat. That plat could be spent buying any Saryn Prime parts i may need. Saryn may become worse, or DE might not improve her further. 

The skin looks great, but i don't mind the default one and i don't know if it's worth buying right now.

she will likely get a couple more minor buffs that add her to the meta so i would get the skin as preparation for the fact that you will probably be asked to go saryn plenty in the future. also its not like its horribly expensive as far as plat purchases go.

she will likely get a couple more minor buffs that add her to the meta so i would get the skin as preparation for the fact that you will probably be asked to go saryn plenty in the future. also its not like its horribly expensive as far as plat purchases go.

She's already pretty great at spreading viral across an entire room with 1 cast, but i'm hoping that DE make her less easy to kill. That's the main thing. 

I don't have much else i want to spend the plat on, but i don't want to use all of this plat when i could use it for future Saryn Prime parts. 

At the same time, i'm strangely drawn to buy this skin. Even if i don't desperately want it.... i feel an obligation to.. buy it. 

My advice is simple and effective: ignore the skin until the prime comes out. If Saryn Prime disappoints with looks (unlikely but could be like Ash Prime vs. Ash) then you can buy the skin on the next rotation.

It honestly isn't an urgent matter so ignore the ridiculous timer on the skin going on right now.

She's already pretty great at spreading viral across an entire room with 1 cast, but i'm hoping that DE make her less easy to kill. That's the main thing. 

I don't have much else i want to spend the plat on, but i don't want to use all of this plat when i could use it for future Saryn Prime parts. 

At the same time, i'm strangely drawn to buy this skin. Even if i don't desperately want it.... i feel an obligation to.. buy it.

You don't have to. Unless you come across a coupon within the time limit her skin is out. If you get lucky to get 50% or 75% off. Then you obviously have to get it by then. Lol

I'm on the same boat too.

I rarely played Saryn b4 and after the rework. The skin looks amazing but I already have her immortal skin. I think I'll save the plat for rhino's skin or for future accessories.

I bought the god damn Excal, Valkyr, and Nyx premium skins even though i don't play them very often. Heck, i've played Valk once since i bought the skin.

There's something about that time limitation that makes me feel like i must buy it.

DE's plan is working.

Wait until the very last day to purchase her since she may get some more tweaks. As for prime over skin, I would buy it since I am not finding prime frames that appealing over non primed ones ( a lot of coat hangers and other odd pieces ) but I guess that is a more of a personal taste than anything.

On one hand, i am actually enjoying playing Saryn now. She's finally a fun frame and i find the rework great.

On the other hand, i'm not sure how long i'll actually find her fun. There's 2 new warframes coming out in the very near future, too.

On my third mutated hand, i can't justify spending 160 plat on a skin for a frame that is very likely to be getting a prime version soon. What if i don't want to use the 160p skin on Saryn prime because the prime looks so fantastic?

And on my fourth hand (Yes i have 4), i don't want to buy the skin before they're done with her rework. I really want DE to increase her survivability. It's her main/only problem. I want to wait to see if they do this in some way. They could also, however, make her worse with future changes.

This is a risky plat investment when i only have around 240 plat. That plat could be spent buying any Saryn Prime parts i may need. Saryn may become worse, or DE might not improve her further.

The skin looks great, but i don't mind the default one and i don't know if it's worth buying right now.

Her immortal skin is one of the best in the game. The eye test for me was easy; it stays true to the design and personality and is ornate and beautiful and edgy. At a much lower cost, I say that is your "sweet spot" fix The new skin is overly streamlined and stylized and does not adequately portray, at least for me, what Saryn represents. She is the queen of terrible beauty and infectious, rupturing death, and NOT the princess of exotic poisonous flora and other pretty poisonous things.

Your call.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Will you play here past the "new shiny" phase?? can she be used in(ppl want her)Raids, T4 runs or is it only Star Chart ?? answer this question for yourself and think about what's important for you and you will know if its good to spend it or not.

I opted to pass on the skin because I know I will not play here after the redesign much, I just don't like her high energy consumption gameplay but that's me.

Edited by DraccoDoom

I am an Ash and Rhino fan, means I will buy their every cosmetic or blah blah skin as long as I have the plat. If you think the same with saryn go ahead if not don't buy it, I enjoy vauban his skills gameplay like you do with saryn and I use him alot but not purchased any cosmetics accept the helmets but the choice is yours, I'd say don't buy if you don't play much.