Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Best Weapon In Game? And How To Get Orokin Cell Faster

AstralAbyss-EN-

Question

Draco on Ceres yields few orokin cells every run (4/8 rounds) for me, more than Sargas Ruk does per run anyways.

Also, Tonkor, for mass genocide, and big numbers, and Opticor for ludicrous damage if you are good at sniping and for taking out the heavies from a safe distance.

Try your luck for Orokin Cells on the Saturn and Ceres Dark Sectors. However, you're probably going to have to find a squad willing to help out to maximize the amount of time you can spend farming. As for your other question, there isn't a flat-out best weapon. Obviously some weapons are better than others, but it's more in terms of tiers at this point. Not only that, it really comes down to your personal preferences and  play-style. I'm sure there are people who say the Paracyst is the best, and others that say the Soma Prime is the best. Considering where you are in the game, I would invest your hard work into going for the Boltor Prime or the Soma Prime as far as primaries go, Lex Prime / Vasto Prime as far secondaries go, and Orthos Prime as far as melee's go. These were my favorites when I first started out (besides Soma Prime as it wasn't out back then.) 

My best weapon (favorite weapon) is the Vaykor Marelok. It will one hit almost anything. The power creeps will disagree, because they want to be able to one level 100's, in the knee. Also, its syndicate bonus will also help manage your health when soloing a mission. The downside is has a mastery lock of 8, and requires some good mods, and formas to make it shine. It's little brother, the normal Marelok, its a great early game place holder.

I've always ran the defense mission on Saturn for orokin cells. It's no the best place to farm them, but here's my reasons. I normally run this mission 2 or 3 time a day to get easy exp on stuff I'm leveling. The enemies aren't too difficult up to wave 20 if you have a team of four. Plus, I enjoy playing easy low levels to help new players get some fast exp and materials. Some people helped me along when I was new, and I'd like to keep that energy going. 

Hope this helps :)

Another option for Orokin cells is Infested Invasion assassination missions, where the boss Phorid drops them. You can find the invasions happening randomly on various planets noted by the green color zones. Sometimes there are invasions on lower level planets such as Venus or Mars which may be easier for a new player to handle than trying to go to Ceres or Saturn on your own.

Edited by (XB1)Sacrfishal Lamb

It's not about weapons it's about mods.  Sure there are some relative differences and there are definitely "tiers", but the difference isn't all that great.  It's really more about your playstyle.  For instance, the Tonkor is a massively damaging weapon (with the drawback of teensy-weensy magazine), but I'm useless with it, so it's a low damage weapon for me.

The real power comes from a) a potato to double the drain capacity of a weapon, and b) lots and lots and lots of forma, so you can fit some of the more exotic damage mods (which are usually heavy drain) and fill in some of the heavy drain 90% elemental mods and Prime mods.  Most weapons are actually perfectly fine in all but the endiest of "endgame" (the game doesn't have an endgame proper yet, it has infinitely scaling content that's a sort of placeholder for endgame) if you lavish forma on them.  There's still the relative "tier" difference, but all weapons fall off in usefulness beyond a certain point, and given enough buffing, even for most of the lower tier weapons, that point is safely beyond the bounds of what most people do as endgame most of the time.

The moral of the story?  Just use what you love using, and if you really enjoy using it, stick a potato and up to 5 or 6 forma in it.

Edited by Omnimorph

As they say, there is no best weapon.

However, here's what my favorite weapons are:

Melee) Mios: Looks like a beast and can be modded for high damage, crit and status! A very useful weapon

Secondary) Sonicor: It's a freaking sound gun. Very good for crowd control.

Primary) Quanta(Vandal): A laser gun. that 200 base damage gives some VERY pretty numbers when modded for corrosive.

Anyway, those are my favorite weapons. Hope you find something you like!

There isn't one specific "best weapon" in the game, however probably one of the most practical end-game level weapons as of now would be the Tonkor.

Tonkor, Rakta Cernos, Amprex, Opticor, and more can be used very effectively even at high levels.

Love 'em all...

Also, Rakta Cernos = Reknos.

Edited by Zolfan

If your only 2 weeks into the game, then you may not have the mastery requirements for some of the better weapons.

For a new player, boltor prime is the best weapon, because it only needs mastery rank 2, and it comes with polarity's, so there is little need to use forma you don't have, and this weapon will get you into mastery rank 12+ so you can invest knowing you will still use this gun later on.

You can pickup Hek at Mastery rank 4

Tonkor requires mastery rank 5

Syndicate weapons require mastery rank 6 for secondarys and 12 for primarys

Clantech requires a clan, research and considerable materials farming and in most cases are side-grades

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Mastery_Rank

at 2, boltor prime, orthos prime

at 4, hek, tigris, scindo prime

at 5, marelok, amprex, tonkor

at 6, Ogris/Opticor, Soma prime, Dual ichor + syndicate secondarys (all good)

at 8, Dragon nakana

at 12, Syndicate primarys (most of these are decent)

Edited by Tatersail

I've found that the Derelicts can be a decent source of Orokin Cells as well, with the added benefit of Neurodes, Void Keys (low level ones, but since you're pretty new, these would probably be helpful), and some other useful drops for a newer player. I got about 8 of each with only a hydroid for loot boosting in a 20-wave ODD yesterday (double resource weekend).

As for weapons, experiment, find something you like, acquire and rank up your mods (proper modding can make almost anything shine), and see what works for you. This has the added benefit of constantly giving you something to do, and adding the excitement that this new weapon you're making might be quite fun to use, and potentially effective, rather than thinking of it as mere mastery fodder to get to that next top tier weapon. The game is a lot more enjoyable with this attitude.

It's usually pretty easy to tell "bad" weapons just by looking at their stats (provided they don't have special attributes), but even "bad" weapons can be fun. I found that the Mk-1 Braton handles absolutely beautifully, and actually enjoyed when I went back to it to max it out for mastery (I had sold it before maxing thanks to a promo that gave me a free potato'd Braton), even though it was rather restrained to lower-level content.