Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Spamming

aoguro

I love Ember! She may be under-utilized (still my favorite red-head though!) in my setups but that is just because there are so many frames out there. When I was using her as a main unit it was awesome. I would fireball enemies because it was awesome, set up a group with accelerant and fireblast them away (one of my favorite combo interactions) if I needed to move to a different set up WoF would be my go to. Nothing has changed for me with respect to her rework. In fact, for me, she is more satisfying to work with!

Difference between Ember and the old Saryn is that she's more than just a 1-button frame.

^^ This is/was so untrue.

So was Saryn, just because all you did was press 4, does not mean she wasn't. The only ability I say Saryn had that was bad before the rework, was Contagion.

The only way Saryn was a 1-button frame was at mid-low level, low-mid wave count for people who were speed-running alerts, farming resources or quick void farming. 

I loved old Saryn and I used Miasma and Regenerative Molt (solo or speed running alerts) and my weapons. At high-tier, high-level, high-wave counts, Miasma was good for stun, while damage was no where as good as a properly mod-ed weapon.

^^ so button counting, I would use 2 skill buttons + Fire/Melee attack buttons + scope/zoom + movement keys + parkour (slide/leap attack or remember coptering?). How does this still make Saryn a press 4 to win because I didn't use skill 1 or 3? Guess what, with new Saryn I never use Miasma now and have two builds: one solo spamming Clusters on Molt and distance procing...and one squad using Cluster/Toxic Lash/regen molt melee. No Miasma because it costs too much energy when synergizing other 2-3 skills.

Now to address OP's topic. This is just another in the line of nerf/buff rework threads by players that want it their way (hint, this ain't Burger King and the universe doesn't revolve around the squeaky wheel)

Remember at first, ppl said:

Ember was too OP, then she was changed.

Then Ember was cr@p, then she was changed.

Now Ember is too OP (or not)

It happened to

Excalibur

Mag P and Greedy mag

Mesa and PM (draco and semini)

Saryn

Now Ember (again)

Who's next????

Nova?

Loki?

Just saying, a frame shouldn't be changed because a certain group cries or players use it in only specific circumstances or on just a few farming nodes/missions. an d surly not to make all frames/weapons "equal" because that would take away the diversity that makes different warframes/abilities fun and challenging to learn to use. What is "OP" in one type of mission/level is "unplayable" in another. One frame doesn't fit all.

warframe is full now with ember's 4th ability_spammers, hitting 4, running and thats it ... mostly in the lower levels as well as it is not the best example how to play warframe for the newer players

that ember prime is off the void and horrible expensive in the tradechat is no excuse ^^)

looks like ember get the missused role saryn have had

i dont like to mention that as well as its a simple truth

too many do that now and i hope for a good rework and stop of this "missusablity", its no fun ... and according to the lore of ember she deserves something "better" as what happens now

as said, i dont really like to go into that as well as it has to be mentioned, seen and im pleased to the devs for a change

how is your expirience with that, players ?

git gud, quit complaining I mean ember sucks. Lol No need to worry if anything she needs a buff

We've reached a point where threads whose original post contain the words Overpowered, OP, Nerf, and/or the phrase 'at lower levels' just need to be locked and deleted. Immediately. 

Honestly, this has gotten ridiculous. Tell me, OP, once they Nerf Ember because she can rip through Earth and Mercury, what's your next target? Is Rhino Stomp stealing our kills, too?

We've reached a point where threads whose original post contain the words Overpowered, OP, Nerf, and/or the phrase 'at lower levels' just need to be locked and deleted. Immediately.

Honestly, this has gotten ridiculous. Tell me, OP, once they Nerf Ember because she can rip through Earth and Mercury, what's your next target? Is Rhino Stomp stealing our kills, too?

Yes, everyone is entitled to express their opinion and how they came to it except people who don't agree with me! Because that works SO well everywhere else, and you're not even slightly exaggerating.

NO! NO! NO! I always loved Ember but her effort/effectiveness ratio made playing her a job. Now I can use all of her abilities as much as I want like the caster frame she is. I would also like to mention the Frost rework as it also made ability spamming extremely easy (like efficiency solves everything in his kit) yet no one is mad. Volt's Capacitance basically says SPAM OVERLOAD TO LlIVE! But because it doesn't kill anything it's okeh for you.

TL;DR Let Casters be Casters because spam makes them fun.

Yes, everyone is entitled to express their opinion and how they came to it except people who don't agree with me! Because that works SO well everywhere else, and you're not even slightly exaggerating.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Harlan Ellison

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Harlan Ellison

Careful with that word. I got my one and only warning point for calling someone Ignorant...Because he didn't know the base mechanics of Iron Skin. And im pretty sure that one point is what kept my seriously overqualified account from getting into the GotL program.

Harlan Ellison

The fact that you can say this and be unaware of the irony astounds me. In case you didn't realize, you are of the opinion that this thread should be locked because he disagrees with you.

He´s right though.

No.

He really isn't.

The fact that you can say this and be unaware of the irony astounds me. In case you didn't realize, you are of the opinion that this thread should be locked because he disagrees with you.

No.

He really isn't.

Er no, that's not what Harlen was saying, at all. But do keep trying, I'm sure you will get it eventually. The clues actually in the words he used.

No.

He really isn't.

I´m supporting his viewpoint than your try to artificially trying to create drama and arguments. So yes he is right.

Er no, that's not what Harlen was saying, at all. But do keep trying, I'm sure you will get it eventually. The clues actually in the words he used.

What Harlen meant is: You are not entitled to spout out random rubbish and expect everyone to accept your nonsense as an opinion. If you have a thought out argument, based on facts, Then by all means you should express it.

It fairly obvious that since your abilities do not get reduced in low level areas, and the mob levels are scaled to the area and not the party level, then any maxed out frame will be able to come to a low level survival, defense or excavation mission and level mobs like the god of death. It is inevitable,and as long as there are items in low level areas that folks come back for on occasion, this  will occur It does not mean the frame needs to be nerfed, it may even be under powered when running at the level it's built for. Weapons are the same way, if you take a lev 30 potatoed, and fully forma-ed weapon to Earth you will rain death upon the little Grineer there.

The only way to "fix" it would be prevent high level players from going back to the beginning planets, and I don't see that happening. If this annoys you then play with friends only or solo.

warframe is full now with ember's 4th ability_spammers, hitting 4, running and thats it ... mostly in the lower levels as well as it is not the best example how to play warframe for the newer players

How about Loki spamming Invis and Radial disarm? Frost always throws up globes. Nova is always casting Molecular Prime. Rhino is all about keeping up Iron Skin 24/7. Ash has been spamming Bladestorm for a long time. 

Warframes are, have been, and will always repeat what they are best at doing. That's how they're designed--they don't function on timers or skill combos (except Saryn now), so their abilities will ALWAYS be spammed.

If you dislike Ember for doing her role, then consider all the other spamming Warframes that are doing their role. There's nothing to see here.

How about Loki spamming Invis and Radial disarm? Frost always throws up globes. Nova is always casting Molecular Prime. Rhino is all about keeping up Iron Skin 24/7. Ash has been spamming Bladestorm for a long time.

Warframes are, have been, and will always repeat what they are best at doing. That's how they're designed--they don't function on timers or skill combos (except Saryn now), so their abilities will ALWAYS be spammed.

If you dislike Ember for doing her role, then consider all the other spamming Warframes that are doing their role. There's nothing to see here.

Don't forget everyone spamming guns and melees