Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Spamming

aoguro

When you mod and train for high level content (100+) ANY frame you bring into lower levels is going to absolutely annihilate everything that moves, or even thinks about moving. It has nothing to do with Ember, Or any other frame. Its the Players of those frames and their playstyle that you need to be thinking about. If a player has a couple thousand hours, they will literally outkill new players by reflex alone. These people are used to coming up against Bombards that can one shot you without an issue at all. Even with a 98% Damage Reduction Trinity riding your back saying "MUSH!". Its just the nature of the game and unfortunately, OP, You are just going to have to get used to that.

And there lies a MAJOR issue. Fact is, it isn't. Once a player completes the star chart, how much of it do they really play outside of alerts/new quests/syndicate missions/etc.? The core part of the game is raid/void farming once you've reached a certain point in the game. If you are on the star chart, chances are you are farming for a resource or Kubrow egg. So how do you achieve balance without being OP when you need things that make it efficient to farm for veterans? Which as a company you need to do because you do  not want to alienate your loyal fan base by making it so difficult that they end up leaving. It's always going to be a catch 22.

Cowboy, I dunno who you are chief, but thasssome mighty good thinkin right churr.
*tips hat*

was the overheat ember really so bad ?

at least teammates didnt complain about her damage reduction, it was just there in the background making her not die (lol)

If they brought that back I'd add Ember Prime back into my lineup.

Kill envy is a disease on the forums. most of the "this frame is too OP, please nerf" threads are just sour rants by a player who didn't get the most kills in a mission when they thought their 5 forma Boltor was going to king. It needs to stop or be ignored. 

Basically it boils down to- " i dont want any other player to kill better than me at any time, in any mission- or ill cry and make a nerf thread" for some of these posters.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Kill jealousy is a disease on the forums. most of the "this frame is too OP, please nerf" threads are just sour rants by a player who didn't get the most kills in a mission when they thought their 5 forma Boltor was going to king. It needs to stop or be ignored. 

Basically it boils down to- " i dont want any other player to kill better than me at any time, in any mission- or ill cry and make a nerf thread" for some of these posters.

And it's been going on since there has been a Warframe Forum. In fact, I remember when Ember first came out, for a few days everyone rejoiced ....till they whining started. Nobody will ever be happy as long as there is any frame that could possibly be better/faster and killing than another, Even though these frames are specifically designed to be so. If you are a Nyx, You simply arent going to kill as many people as an Ember (skill being equal). I dont see that as an issue, I see that as frames betting better or worse in specific roles. This is as it should be.

And it's been going on since there has been a Warframe Forum. In fact, I remember when Ember first came out, for a few days everyone rejoiced ....till they whining started. Nobody will ever be happy as long as there is any frame that could possibly be better/faster and killing than another, Even though these frames are specifically designed to be so. If you are a Nyx, You simply arent going to kill as many people as an Ember (skill being equal). I dont see that as an issue, I see that as frames betting better or worse in specific roles. This is as it should be.

exactly. If you want to be tops in offense- then pick an offensive frame. They have their roles.

So Ember has both damage and CC and isn't utterly useless?

OH NO SHE'S TOO STRONK

Seriously people, get your head out of this mindset of complaining about every frame you don't like.

Ember is fun. She's got damage and CC and therefore can actually scale.

Just because she can actually do something above level 40 enemies, doesn't mean she's being "misused".

She went from being nearly useless to being a frame that is fun, scales well, and doesn't have as many modding problems. 

Do you want her to go back to being one of the worst frames? Do you want any frame you don't like to be nerfed to the ground?

What are you even talking about? She was as good as she is now before the duration change.

It may not be op, but sure does look like a lot of people are flocking to the new press 4 frame. 

New press 4 frame? No, What this means is that people who can't seem to figure out how to get huge DPS out of Saryn anymore (which is pretty easy) are all going to Ember, cause shes easier to kill with. Ember has always been this way, Its just that now you dont have to watch for her energy or much anything else...You Run, They Die, End of story.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any frame that doesn't faceroll low level. Why ember of all things? CC frames make lvl 1000+ enemies helpless. Damage multiplier frames allow you to kill them easily. You can become completely invulnerable to all damage for as long as boredom allows.. but what do you choose to get angry about? A maxed out ember on a lvl 20 mission.

Concern for balance is good, but asking for difficulty adjustments outside of "endgame" is just wasting time.

If they change Ember again, get ready for Equinox ult spam.

Hell at low levels, it can be done with Oberon, Mag, Saryn (still), Volt, and others.

Ash can do it at high levels.

I'm not disagreeing with you, more pointing out that players will always find the next best way.

Has been this way since Corrupted Mods were introduced that let us have +145% range, +75% efficiency, +199% duration, etc.

It is a problem, I just think the cause is elsewhere (Derelict vaults).

Good Point, it would be best if DE nerfed Oberon and Mag before things got out of hand.

TLDR: Nerf Oberon and Mag

As many other people have said, NO!

I imagine the offending ember needed a fieldron or mutagen mass, joined an invasion with ember, and quickly mopped the floor with the low level trash mobs in invasion quests.

I do not see the problem. Invasions are always low levels and I guarantee I could run any frame and still out damage the OP. I'll use a AOE frame to complete the grind fast and move on to something else.

I'll typically run in public matches to help out new guys (even though it takes me longer to sit at extraction waiting for them to run map). However, if someone is complaining, I'll leave. I can do it faster solo, it's for your benefit. You do realize that ember gets no XP for skill kills...

While ember destroys trash mods, high level mobs require high skill. WoF can work as CC with augment but also requires many high level mods (overextend, transient, prime continuity, handspring is a must with low armor / health) and numerous forma to work high level (my ember has 5 forma). At high levels, you need to be casting accelerant, mod weapons to heat, and constantly moving. It requires a lot of skill and knowledge of game to be successful and not requiring your buddies revive.

Yes ember can be powerful, so can every single frame when played right. Please stop with this nerf mentality, you are destroying the game.

Ember is fine as-is. We just need an augment for accelerant to boost 50% damage to radiation and gas damage to make her more rounded and team centered.

I'd much rather the frames I use for farming lower tier missions more efficiently not continue getting ripped apart, lower level players don't typically understand what is going on anyway so it's tough to really set a real "example" of any sort unless you go explaining what you are doing or how you're using the frames abilities to said player. personally I used a different frame for low level surv farming and Ember for Sechura in PUGS cause I can't rely on anyone else, and it's nice finally being able to rely on her being effective in various ways instead of overlooked for bringing practically nothing to the table (pre-rework).

I see that more than half of these comments only reinforce OP's point as they use the same diversionary tactics as they did with everything elsw that needed a nerf.

Except Ember already got reworked and fixed since before this she was trash tier and even DE felt she needed to be fixed up to par.

So it's funny ppl like OP are asking for a rework when they already did a rework of her. This is like Ember's 3rd or 4th rework too.

So no Ember doesn't need a nerf, she was already nerfed before, and she just finally became viable again and you want to nerf her again so no one will use her again? lol.

But I enjoy salt like OP's, it gives my popcorn flavor.

Edited by --Sensei--

Except Ember already got reworked and fixed since before this she was trash tier and even DE felt she needed to be fixed up to par.

So it's funny ppl like OP are asking for a rework when they already did a rework of her. This is like Ember's 3rd or 4th rework too.

So no Ember doesn't need a nerf, she was already nerfed before, and she just finally became viable again and you want to nerf her again so no one will use her again? lol.

But I enjoy salt like OP's, it gives my popcorn flavor.

Same arguments et al. "She was trash" is not a good reason. It will never be a good reason. The Synoid Gammacor was trash before it got over buffed then nerfed again. I'm not going to say I have a lot of experience with Ember, but I have seen the vids, and running around while everything around you dies isn't exactly interactive gameplay at it's finest. Being reworked or nerfed or buffed or whatever has no bearing on that. It is completely beside the point. So is saying "X frame is more broken". So is saying "you're just mad someone stole your kills". None of these have anything to do with the ability in question. So instead of wasting everyone's time with more salt posts when the only one being salty is yourself, how about you give feedback on why World on Fire, an ability with which you can run around with for half an hour without toggling it off because of an energy drain of <1 per second that either stun locks or outright kills enemies is balanced.