Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

"Fine... not burning his body then. I'll just dump it somewhere." said Tara, bending down to pick the carcass up, carrying it over her shoulder until she got to a sewer entrance. Unceremoniously throwing the carcass over her shoulder and into the sewers, she dusted her hands and returned to the group.

"Where to next?" she asked, looking over at the other women.

Edited by MetroFallout

On 7-3-2017 at 11:08 AM, Drakeardian said:

As the trio walked away, Dmitri slowly stood up and walked up to the corpses with a raised eyebrow under his helmet, he then looked to his fellow Tenno before starting to check the corpses over for ID, ammo or anything that may be useful before he looked to the Tunnel.

"What are you looking for?" he muttered before he looked to Hayden and Seerena, motioning for them to the tunnel before slowly making his way in.

Seerena ignored the corpses as she followed behind Dmitri. It felt odd how uncomfortable the sight of death made her, yet she had been capable of killing before... maybe Zek had been the killer in those situations. She tried to shake those thoughts off. Currently she was in her body with just her mind present. Couldn't rely on him to do all the work.

--- The Dark Sector ---
As Dimitri searched the bodies of the fallen captives, he'd notice something very crucial too late. Their skin was grey...

It pounded it's fist into his stomach, and in the order they died, the bodies rise again as infected ferals, seeking Tenno blood.

--- The Capital ---
Before Tara dumped Shane's body into the smelly sewer below, Shikari snatched something from his body. His two pistols, it's not like he'll need them anyways, she thought.

"Now we just get out of here. I know a couple hidden passages, but we'll get to that once we're out of trouble." she pocketed the guns, and walked to the door "Just follow me, and try to act as natural as possible. Keep your safeties on, and take the pills if a guard takes too much of an interest..." with that, she opened the door and headed out. Thankfully, the security is taking it's time and wasn't there yet.

--- Mindscape ---
The soldiers were prepared. Keeping to cover, conserving ammo, covering eachother when reloading, not giving Cyriann any chances. But not all seemed bad, as the sky was black with smoke of the damaged attack helicopter

--
"Yeah, sure, don't trust me. You don't trust anyone, not even the kid. If you did, you'd tell him about how you influence him, fake his decidions, like how he got together with that sound bender. How furious was he when he found out again?"

--
The figure simply dodged the attack, but not before kicking Mima's exposed chest.
"Don't sacrifice strength for power. In this realm, you aren't shackled by fatique, nor is your prey and it's guardian. Attack while not giving a chance to counter, his blade only covers so much."

13 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

--- The Capital ---
Before Tara dumped Shane's body into the smelly sewer below, Shikari snatched something from his body. His two pistols, it's not like he'll need them anyways, she thought.

"Now we just get out of here. I know a couple hidden passages, but we'll get to that once we're out of trouble." she pocketed the guns, and walked to the door "Just follow me, and try to act as natural as possible. Keep your safeties on, and take the pills if a guard takes too much of an interest..." with that, she opened the door and headed out. Thankfully, the security is taking it's time and wasn't there yet.

Annika gave a nod, then followed Shikari through the door, fake governor from the other woman attached to her wrist, in the same way a watch would. It kept it away from her hands should she need to shoot or fight. 

Once they got out into the open air, among the people, Annika's training kicked in. If anyone were to watch her, they would see her simply looking around casually. There was more to it than that however. Annika's brain was constantly marking escape routes, landmarks, people of interest. If any guard patrols were to walk past them, she would quickly make a threat assessment, with squad leaders and special weapons soldiers being the highest priority. 

Her stance had also shifted. It was a subtle change, but now she radiated an air of 'I've been here god knows how long and I'm as tired as you are, so leave me be'. Unless someone was really looking for her, most poeple would likely find their eyes sliding over her.

Edited by Spikey844

15 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

--- The Dark Sector ---
As Dimitri searched the bodies of the fallen captives, he'd notice something very crucial too late. Their skin was grey...

It pounded it's fist into his stomach, and in the order they died, the bodies rise again as infected ferals, seeking Tenno blood.

Dmitri fell onto his back as he was slammed in the stomach, his armor taking the brunt of it before he stood up and began to quickly raise his large blunt fists to the rising ferals, He couldn't risk using his guns to draw unwanted attention and he'd had full confidence in his strength as he launched his attack!

The first one he'd try to ram his fist into their face and into the ground to flatten it, the second one he'd try and smash his fists into their ears to stun it before grabbing their head and slamming it into his knee to break the skull open before finishing it with a foot to the ribcage to crush their chest and heart. -Talking about breaking someone's heart!-

The third one he'd just headbutt repeatedly until it stopped moving in one way or another.

Edited by Drakeardian

On 08/03/2017 at 9:09 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Mindscape ---
The soldiers were prepared. Keeping to cover, conserving ammo, covering eachother when reloading, not giving Cyriann any chances. But not all seemed bad, as the sky was black with smoke of the damaged attack helicopter

Seeing the smoke I had a little hope things would finally decide themselves to change and move on, yet I was still held down by the coordinated gunfire of those two soldiers.

--
"Yeah, sure, don't trust me. You don't trust anyone, not even the kid. If you did, you'd tell him about how you influence him, fake his decisions, like how he got together with that sound bender. How furious was he when he found out again?"

"I got punched through a roof for that, and I deserved it." The armor still presses on. "I shouldn't had mingled with his thoughts this day, and even though they seem happy about it, I know they are uncomfortable with one another. More so for him since he knows I forced him to admit feelings he would had preferred to ignore."

He moves on, still going forward. "And that is not a matter of trusting him or not, for I do trust him. It is only a matter of finding our equilibrium between each other."

--
The figure simply dodged the attack, but not before kicking Mima's exposed chest.
"Don't sacrifice strength for power. In this realm, you aren't shackled by fatigue, nor is your prey and it's guardian. Attack while not giving a chance to counter, his blade only covers so much."

The beast stumbles, rubbing its chest, it grunts. "Not important... Prey !" A cleaver flashes through empty air. "Where do you hide it ?!" 

It's back is exposed completely to the mirage while it attacks emptiness yelling again and again it's question.

Edited by Cyriann

Tara started following the other women as they moved out, letting the Mare's Leg blend back into her once more. With each step, she felt a sort of internal heat build up in her body along with a strange itch that she needed scratching. She hadn't felt this warm since she was a teenager in Texas, before becoming a mercenary and travelling the world. Scratching herself everywhere along her body, she desperately needed relief. The plates of gun armor that were on her however stopped that.

The itching was intense though so she kept trying to get at it, eventually catching the armor with one of her nails, ripping the piece off. When the piece fell to the floor with a clank, she stopped for a moment and stared at it.

"Wh-what the hell?" she thought still trying to scratch the itch, in fact the itch was maddening enough that she kept going and going. While she did notice that she was, quite literally tearing pieces of herself off, she couldn't help it. It was almost a compulsive action. Bit by bit, the gun armor was chipped off, leaving behind bare skin under the outfit that the gun armor had blended into. It was only when the gun armor was all gone and her outfit was in tatters that the itching stopped and she realised it was all gone.

"What the hell just happened?" she wondered out loud, bewildered that the itch had stopped so abruptly and covering herself up without realizing that her technocyte strain had evolved yet again.

Edited by MetroFallout

--- The Capital ---
The streets seemed a little more empty than usuall, probably because of the gunshot. Although they weren't abandoned, there weren't a lot of eyes on the undercover Tenno group. Shikari looked back to see if everyone was following, but what she saw did not please her.

She slowed down and grabbed Tara by the elbow, quickly dragging her sideways into a door. Conveniently, they've found themselves in the women's restrooms. Thankfully they seemed just as empty, and shady bussiness was usually done in the men's restrooms.

"The hell are you doing?" she asked, a little shocked.

--- The Dark Sector ---
The infected were dispatched easily, thanks to Dimitri's strength. Hayden didn't even get a chance to assist him. These suits sure do make their work easier.

But for how long, they'll have to see...

"That man..." Hayden wondered, looking into the tunnel's black "Guys, if you hear any voices, ignore them." he sounded a little worried, but hid it behind determination.

--- Mindscape ---
The chopper seems to have retreated, as Hayden has turned most of his focus back on the soldiers. Dispatching the ones focusing on him, the last couple were now torn between two targets.

--
"There is no equilimbrium, he's bellow you." the bone chilling cold would now be more prominent, as the walls now turned to ice, and frost settled on the armour "Do you know why you exist? You heard what the madman said. You were to take over. And you easily can. He's dragging you down into endless depths, when you can simply sever the hand that's holding you and fly to the havens. He's but a vessel for either you, or the beast. And there will be no sharing."

--
The mirage attacks again, knocking the beast down and holding it there with a foot planted on it's back.

"Mindless actions take you nowhere. Patience will teach you..."

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

--- The Capital ---
The streets seemed a little more empty than usuall, probably because of the gunshot. Although they weren't abandoned, there weren't a lot of eyes on the undercover Tenno group. Shikari looked back to see if everyone was following, but what she saw did not please her.

She slowed down and grabbed Tara by the elbow, quickly dragging her sideways into a door. Conveniently, they've found themselves in the women's restrooms. Thankfully they seemed just as empty, and shady bussiness was usually done in the men's restrooms.

"The hell are you doing?" she asked, a little shocked.

"I don't know, I just started itching and scratching. My armor plates just started falling off while I scratched. Something to do with my technocyte, maybe it changed again." said Tara, trying to summon her PKP and finding herself unable to do so before panicking and going through the list of guns she had absorbed before, all while her outfit slowly repaired itself. Eventually, she found that she was only able to summon several guns, her revolvers, her Mare's Leg and the pair of Beretta 93Rs that she absorbed while on the Liset.

Edited by MetroFallout

"My strain... it's changed again. My PKP's gone and so's my MP5 and DSR-1 sniper rifle." said Tara, looking at her palms with visible confusion. "I'm guessing my abilities have also changed too. Somehow I get the feeling that I can't absorb guns anymore... And that I've gotten weaker."

Seerena hadn't much of a chance to help Dimitri out with how easily he did the killing.

Her attention was perked once Hayden mentioned the voices. "Are we going to have to deal with even more voices than our brainmates?.. Well that's just going to be great." She hummed as she walked towards the tunnel entrance. "Really wish Zek was awake now..."

Once they were in the restrooms, Annika closed her eyes and, to prevent people walking in, seeing them and causing mass panic, she began to project what could best be described as a 'keep away' aura to anyone within around 10 meters of the door. Minds that wondered within this radius would feel a subconscious urge to keep away from the restroom, unless they were very determined to get in for some reason. 

When she, in turn, entered the restroom, Jean stared at the sink hesitantly. It would be so tempting, to just let it all out...

But it would be weak to cede. It wouldn't do her that much good, and it would definitively leave her weakened. She refused to be a burden. So she couldn't afford this.Not here. Not now. Besides, not in front of the rest of the group. She still had some modicum of pride.

Instead, she took her mind back on track. Namely, on what had happened to their gunslinger.

"Tara ? Will you...Be alright ? "

Alpha was running circles around the group, silent but agitated. His main thought was that his companion obviously needed a hug and they had to be blind to miss that. Even when highly intelligent, cats would always have a... Peculiar sense of priorities, although he might not be totally wrong here.

Edited by 404Cygni
Now with extra kitty.

5 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

--- The Dark Sector ---
The infected were dispatched easily, thanks to Dimitri's strength. Hayden didn't even get a chance to assist him. These suits sure do make their work easier.

But for how long, they'll have to see...

"That man..." Hayden wondered, looking into the tunnel's black "Guys, if you hear any voices, ignore them." he sounded a little worried, but hid it behind determination.

"Great, more voice." grumbled Dmitri as he made his way into the mine with his rifle poised and ready to fire.

He didn't want any surprises this time.

--- The Dark Sector ---
Threading onward, past a collapsed train wagon, the group would have to use some sort of light source for see in the immense darkness. One of these sources would be Hayden, as he extended his Glaive out, which blades started glowing a cyan blue, casting out white light into all directions.

Further along the way would be a large blast door, thankfully open, which was likely operated from a room above them.

Whatever light the was from the entrance is only a mere dot now. This mine used to have lights along the way, but there's no power, which only makes sense after it's abandonment and near collapse.

Suddenly... the sound of bones clacking briefly from the dark...

--- The Capital ---
"Well, I guess this spot is as safe as any, as long as nobody sees you like this..." Shikari spoke "We can resume our chat now. Anything you want to know?"
She did not seem to notice the cat running around.

On 13/03/2017 at 1:55 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Mindscape ---
The chopper seems to have retreated, as Hayden has turned most of his focus back on the soldiers. Dispatching the ones focusing on him, the last couple were now torn between two targets.

A smile crossed over my face as I noticed the helicopter disappearance. Though still unable to do a thing I knew things had turned into Hayden's favor.

--
"There is no equilibrium, he's bellow you." the bone chilling cold would now be more prominent, as the walls now turned to ice, and frost settled on the armour "Do you know why you exist? You heard what the madman said. You were to take over. And you easily can. He's dragging you down into endless depths, when you can simply sever the hand that's holding you and fly to the havens. He's but a vessel for either you, or the beast. And there will be no sharing."

"I existed to take over, there is the nuance, whoever you are I'm getting tired of your nonsense. So quit yapping or tell me something I do not already know." The Knight stops in front of an ice wall looking at his reflection. "No matter what you'll say, I'll stay true to my choice, just like he does, and that mean for us to live together."

He smashes the wall and looks at the pieces of ice on the ground. "And if you think he is below me, you should take a look at his imagination, his vision of the world. even knowing he could had retracted onto himself he continues to move forward, following what he defines as his objective, no matter what he has to sacrifice to it. I would certainly not be able of such a thing." He turns to the path ahead and resumes his advance, faster, with a new flame to his eye. "And if you want him you'll hae to get past me first !"

--
The mirage attacks again, knocking the beast down and holding it there with a foot planted on it's back.

"Mindless actions take you nowhere. Patience will teach you..."

The Beast grunts and struggles a moment before seemingly giving up, not saying a word, waiting for the pressure on it's back to lessen, even for a split second.

On 3/15/2017 at 10:00 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- The Capital ---
"Well, I guess this spot is as safe as any, as long as nobody sees you like this..." Shikari spoke "We can resume our chat now. Anything you want to know?"
She did not seem to notice the cat running around.

A few minutes later, Tara's outfit regenerated and she looked as she did before she realised she had the ability to grow gun armor.

"Just a little time was what I really needed to get my clothes back in order. Thanks." she said, giving Shikari a nod.

On 15/03/2017 at 2:00 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- The Dark Sector ---
Threading onward, past a collapsed train wagon, the group would have to use some sort of light source for see in the immense darkness. One of these sources would be Hayden, as he extended his Glaive out, which blades started glowing a cyan blue, casting out white light into all directions.

Further along the way would be a large blast door, thankfully open, which was likely operated from a room above them.

Whatever light the was from the entrance is only a mere dot now. This mine used to have lights along the way, but there's no power, which only makes sense after it's abandonment and near collapse.

Suddenly... the sound of bones clacking briefly from the dark...

Dmitri was not afraid, the motherly and encouraging voice of Athena still whispered in his head, giving him courage and fearlessness as he heard the bones cracking, luckily, he brought a torch with him and duct taped it onto his shoulder a few times, it wasn't the best quality but it functioned well and lit up a decent size.

He slowly pulled the bolt back on his rifle and raised it, waiting for the threat to arrive. "Come out, come out whatever you are comrade" he sang in Russian before humming a tune to himself in Russian.

Annika raised her eyebrows at Shikari's words. "This is the safest place in the Captial to talk?" She asked, a note of concern in her voice. "You don't have another safe house somewhere?"

Her concern was a kick back to her military training. A safe house, somewhere safe to operate from, was of vital importance, especially with their low numbers. They needed somewhere to fall back to, at the very least a common meeting point. After all, who knew who was in the pay of Anyo or one of the syndicates?

--- Dreamscape ---
Now face with danger from both sides, the Lasrians were forced to take the deffensive. it'd didn't help them much though, and Hayden dispatched the rather quickly. A remaining one jumped to cover, wich happened to be preoccupied by Cyriann.

But the beast was not done, as the sky roared again with spinning blades of a smoking helicopter.

--
"Ain't that sweet? Why don't you marry him?" mocked the voice.

Further ice walls would start to slowly blacken. Technocyte was visibly growing on and inside the frozen water, hardening it immensely. 

--
The projection seemed to radiate off pride, which gave Mima's just the decrease in force holding him down that he needed.

--- The Dark Sector ---
The only indication the group would get of a threat were dim orange dots in the dark, before a volley of scaly projectiles flew their way.
Chromas.

--- The Capital ---
"Well, I do have a home, but it's... being renovated..." Shikari flashed an apologetic smile. After a couple of seconds, she sighed "Alright... a b!tch from Loka called an inspection onto my place. Thankfully, they haven't found any infected material, but just to be sure, have gassed it with enferon. Most of it evaporated by now, but I just feel sick hanging out there..."

--- Dreamscape ---
Now face with danger from both sides, the Lasrians were forced to take the deffensive. it'd didn't help them much though, and Hayden dispatched the rather quickly. A remaining one jumped to cover, wich happened to be preoccupied by Cyriann.

But the beast was not done, as the sky roared again with spinning blades of a smoking helicopter.

"Well sorry mate, but this place is already taken." I looked at the man with a little snark, my hand goes for the man's throat, a direct punch to force him into submission as he loses his breath. I moved to grab him and then forcefully try to put him to sleep.

Then the chopper returned. "Dammit how much rockets can that thing suck up before crashing ?"

--
"Ain't that sweet? Why don't you marry him?" mocked the voice.

Further ice walls would start to slowly blacken. Technocyte was visibly growing on and inside the frozen water, hardening it immensely. 

He did not answer, continuing his advance he now needed to stop before each wall multiple strikes being necessary to break through the ice and black mud.

"Where are you kid ? If things keeps up like this I have a feeling something terrible will happen."

--
The projection seemed to radiate off pride, which gave Mima's just the decrease in force holding him down that he needed.

The beast's haed spin, bones cracking to turn and face the apparition with a grim grin on its face as the entirety of it's body bends to now face the clone of the demonic knight.

All the blades shine a split second as they all come down onto the phantom.

"Die ! Fake !"

On 22/03/2017 at 3:22 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- The Capital ---
"Well, I do have a home, but it's... being renovated..." Shikari flashed an apologetic smile. After a couple of seconds, she sighed "Alright... a b!tch from Loka called an inspection onto my place. Thankfully, they haven't found any infected material, but just to be sure, have gassed it with enferon. Most of it evaporated by now, but I just feel sick hanging out there..."

Annika suppressed a noise of irritation. "How long ago did you last go back?" She asked, focusing a little more on the minds in the streets around them.

Just in case. It had been an ambush after all that had resulted in her being infected. She was determined never to be ambushed again.

On 22/03/2017 at 3:22 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- The Dark Sector ---
The only indication the group would get of a threat were dim orange dots in the dark, before a volley of scaly projectiles flew their way.
Chromas.

"Oh sh-" Dmitri quickly raise his arm as he activated his iron skin "GET BEHIND ME!" he called out to hayden and Sereena as the volley of projectiles was thrown at them from the Infected monsters!

He then formed the blades on his knuckles, ready to go against these Chroma infected.