Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

Le 25/05/2019 à 21:34, Denny2669 a dit :

Despite bringing up a couple of good points, Ved looks unconvinced. But there was a pause, as if he were thinking. He glanced to the truck, then the recovering worker. After a while Nako was done announcing the breach. There was no loud alert through the hangars announcement systems, so it must've been a silent alert, hoping to catch the intruders off guard. Then joining his brother's side, he said to him quietly "Tā bù huì chéngrèn..."

"Wǒ zhīdào..." Ved replied in a frustrated tone. His arms were crossed as he was unwilling to lose this debate "You won't mind telling that to the boss then. Because you're not going anywhere until the situation is resolved, and neither is your cargo." he took a few steps closer to her, trying to look imposing, giving both Annika and Jean a long hard stare "And if the situation escalates, we will have every reason to search both."

That's when Nako threw a look at the other two, the Sakuraba man and the scientist "You're staying too. And if they end up clean, you're next."

Jin narrows his eyes, he clearly doesn't want to follow their orders, but he knows better than to provoke a commossion. "Calling reinforcements in case." He says bringing his left hand to his ear. "Team alert, level 2, keep at posts, scan area, move two augs in the warehouse." His orders are fast and sharp, without a doubt he has commanded before.
Sophie here is grinning. "Some action yay !" She'd clearly be bouncing if Jin wasn't holding her firmly.

Le 26/05/2019 à 16:23, Spikey844 a dit :

"Get a woman if you want to search my person," Annika replied flatly, but didn't rebut the search demand. She wasn't in a position to do that. Neither did she attempt to prevent them from contacting their boss. Again, she wasn't in a position to swing that. "I'll stay here with my cargo. I don't want it out of my line of sight." She had hoped the Sakuraba people would go as well, but it seems luck was not on her side in this. However, once Nako and Ved left, she might be able to use her telepathy on both of them and knock them out. Maybe even play with their memories to provide an excuse for their disappearance.

It was no longer a question of if they would have to start shooting, but when.

Jin looks again in their direction, both the woman and her bodyguard's presence forming too much of a coincidence to that breach to be honest, but he can't do anyhting yet. His eyes go once again to the container he was here to make sure ships.

"I can search her!" Sophie says raising her free hand like a kid, Jin rolling his eyes. 

Then footsteps sound from above as two soldiers join in the aera, they have armored suits proudly showing Sakuraba's symbol, the fabric is black with plates of armoring, kevlar maybe, but from underneath that is the most Annika or Jean would be able to get.

Edited by Cyriann

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-06-04 at 12:14 PM, Cyriann said:

"Neewa I know you are afraid." I squat down to her level, letting her keep the distance she needs, and take the mask off again to show her my calm. "I swear it to you, if your friend is somewhere we can reach I'll do all I can to save them." I give her a wink with an amused smile. "I can run pretty fast, so don't worry for me, now let's go, ok?"

"Helmie isn't here. There's no way they'd catch him, not even I can. He must be out there looking for me..."

Neewa looked to the ground. She was visibly scared, for the first time since they saw her probably. She went from defiant and angry, to friendly, to genuinely scared now. And all that while she's still hurt, tired, and very likely in pain. There's no knowing what her captors have done to her, if they didn't just take samples as she implied. She rocked back and forth a bit, listening to the Tenno talking, pleading with her to come along. It's said children can look into the hearts of people. They weren't exactly people anymore, but neither was she. She looked up again, sight fighting against the light that seemed so bright to her.

"... alright... I'm from Michonia. I'll lead you there, but we have to get out of here first."

She accepted Tara's hand a wobbily got back on her feet. After just a couple of steps she could walk normally again, though she was avoiding hurting her feet as she was barefoot. Target secured, now they just have to get out. She would follow them towards the ramp, but as they approached they could hear heavy footsteps, many of them. They got louder until they stopped just outside the ramp, and they didn't continue.
"Take formation! Guard this position until the hazmat team arrives! Absolutely nothing gets through! And nobody boards the plane under any circumstances!"
The callouts of soldiers reached the Tenno's ears, but their eyes didn't. The enemy was still unaware of their presence, but was no blocking their path. They will have to find an alternative, while also protecting the target. The soldiers didn't go quiet yet.
"Any word from the pilot?"
"None. Communications were temporarily cut for a frequency test, but they should've been on by now."
"Keep trying, I'll contact the chief."

On 2019-06-04 at 2:03 PM, Cyriann said:

Jin narrows his eyes, he clearly doesn't want to follow their orders, but he knows better than to provoke a commotion. "Calling reinforcements in case." He says bringing his left hand to his ear. "Team alert, level 2, keep at posts, scan area, move two augs in the warehouse." His orders are fast and sharp, without a doubt he has commanded before.
Sophie here is grinning. "Some action yay !" She'd clearly be bouncing if Jin wasn't holding her firmly.

Jin looks again in their direction, both the woman and her bodyguard's presence forming too much of a coincidence to that breach to be honest, but he can't do anything yet. His eyes go once again to the container he was here to make sure ships.

"I can search her!" Sophie says raising her free hand like a kid, Jin rolling his eyes. 

Then footsteps sound from above as two soldiers join in the area, they have armored suits proudly showing Sakuraba's symbol, the fabric is black with plates of armoring, kevlar maybe, but from underneath that is the most Annika or Jean would be able to get.

Nako and Ved keep their eyes and ears sharp. The worker they found restrained was sent off to security to get searched, since as he worked for Anyo and wanted to prove his innocence he didn't need much convincing. They watch Annika and Jean like they're expecting them to do something any second, as well as some periodic glances at Jin and Sophie. At the small girls suggestion, Ved chuckled. "Well, go ahead then, don't let me stop you." he said. The small girl could take that as she wants, and it didn't necessarily sound like a joke. He gave Annika a smile sure of victory, before a call blared from Nako's comm unit.

"Chief, we've got a situation. Area looks clear but pilot's not responding. Scanners pick up abnormal amounts of T-cyte traces."

"Hold position, coming over to check."

The two brothers nod to each other. Ved look to the security personnel Jin had summoned, then to the man himself "Hey, Sakuraba, I trust you'll keep the ladies in check, or the boss will have your head on a platter." With those last words the two brothers took their leave hurriedly, leaving Miss Du'Bois and her bodyguard to the company of Sakuraba corp.

21 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Helmie isn't here. There's no way they'd catch him, not even I can. He must be out there looking for me..."

Neewa looked to the ground. She was visibly scared, for the first time since they saw her probably. She went from defiant and angry, to friendly, to genuinely scared now. And all that while she's still hurt, tired, and very likely in pain. There's no knowing what her captors have done to her, if they didn't just take samples as she implied. She rocked back and forth a bit, listening to the Tenno talking, pleading with her to come along. It's said children can look into the hearts of people. They weren't exactly people anymore, but neither was she. She looked up again, sight fighting against the light that seemed so bright to her.

"... alright... I'm from Michonia. I'll lead you there, but we have to get out of here first."

She accepted Tara's hand a wobbily got back on her feet. After just a couple of steps she could walk normally again, though she was avoiding hurting her feet as she was barefoot. Target secured, now they just have to get out. She would follow them towards the ramp, but as they approached they could hear heavy footsteps, many of them. They got louder until they stopped just outside the ramp, and they didn't continue.
"Take formation! Guard this position until the hazmat team arrives! Absolutely nothing gets through! And nobody boards the plane under any circumstances!"
The callouts of soldiers reached the Tenno's ears, but their eyes didn't. The enemy was still unaware of their presence, but was no blocking their path. They will have to find an alternative, while also protecting the target. The soldiers didn't go quiet yet.
"None. Communications were temporarily cut for a frequency test, but they should've been on by now."

"Damn it they're already here!" hissed Tara before placing her finger to her lips. "Follow my example and stay close."

Keeping low and gesturing for everyone to keep as quiet as possible, Tara demonstrated the best technique to move by pressing herself against the various and numerous crates that were in the cargo plane. Staying out of the field of view of the soldiers was a tall order but still doable as long as they were quiet and methodical with their movements, only moving in the darkness when the lights were pointed away from them without giving them a reason to fake them out was key.

Le 18/06/2019 à 15:09, Denny2669 a dit :

The two brothers nod to each other. Ved look to the security personnel Jin had summoned, then to the man himself "Hey, Sakuraba, I trust you'll keep the ladies in check, or the boss will have your head on a platter." With those last words the two brothers took their leave hurriedly, leaving Miss Du'Bois and her bodyguard to the company of Sakuraba corp.

He just gives a nod releasing Sophie so she can go and do what she proposed to. 

The girl smiles happily. "Arms up ladies, once you're cleared we'll do whatever we want." Then she looks behind her seeing the brothers leaves miking to Jin looking away as he is giving hand directions to his men. "Stay up there and keep an eye out." Annika would easily be able to read three silent orders. 

She just gives the two ladies a wink, starting to rustle Annika's clothes, making it seem like she is doing that body search. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-06-18 at 3:09 PM, Denny2669 said:

Sereena was caught off guard by the amount of footsteps. The amount of noise mixed with the still rumbling engines wasn't pleasant at all. Before her attention shifted to Tara, she let out the short barely audible echo that marked her sonar ability. It was unlikely that the guards would pick up on it, and they'd think it was just the wind... hopefully.

On 2019-06-19 at 12:36 PM, MetroFallout said:

"Damn it they're already here!" hissed Tara before placing her finger to her lips. "Follow my example and stay close."

Keeping low and gesturing for everyone to keep as quiet as possible, Tara demonstrated the best technique to move by pressing herself against the various and numerous crates that were in the cargo plane. Staying out of the field of view of the soldiers was a tall order but still doable as long as they were quiet and methodical with their movements, only moving in the darkness when the lights were pointed away from them without giving them a reason to fake them out was key.

She gestured to Neewa, motioning for her to follow behind Tara before shifting her attention to Cyriann. "You keep an eye on her? I think it's best if I stick to the back." She whispers out to Volt. "I... might have a trick that works best if I am last in line." Banshee quickly explained.

Le 19/06/2019 à 12:36, MetroFallout a dit :

Le 29/06/2019 à 17:53, kyrozon a dit :

She gestured to Neewa, motioning for her to follow behind Tara before shifting her attention to Cyriann. "You keep an eye on her? I think it's best if I stick to the back." She whispers out to Volt. "I... might have a trick that works best if I am last in line." Banshee quickly explained.

I give her a nod as I turn to Neewa. "You stay between me and her." I say as I place my mask back on and level the case, I now have two important things to protect, that is going to be quite a ride if things heat up too much. 

Then I follow on Tara, guiding Neewa helping her keep the pace, making sure she isn't hurting herself being barefooted, that is all I can do, stay silent, help Neewa, and carry the case. 

On 2019-06-20 at 6:00 AM, Cyriann said:

He just gives a nod releasing Sophie so she can go and do what she proposed to. 

The girl smiles happily. "Arms up ladies, once you're cleared we'll do whatever we want." Then she looks behind her seeing the brothers leaves miking to Jin looking away as he is giving hand directions to his men. "Stay up there and keep an eye out." Annika would easily be able to read three silent orders. 

She just gives the two ladies a wink, starting to rustle Annika's clothes, making it seem like she is doing that body search. 

Originally, Annika had planned to grab Sophie once she was within arms reach, use her as a hostage, maybe a distraction. 

The wink made her hesitate a moment. 

The fake search made her hold still. And Annika could clearly tell it was fake. Even for one without military training, what Sophie was doing was not a pat down. Annika has both carried out and been on the receiving end of enough searches in training to be able to tell the difference. So she rather than grab Sophie, she merely commented, “There’s a handgun holstered in my jacket, left side.”

Il y a 3 heures, Spikey844 a dit :

The fake search made her hold still. And Annika could clearly tell it was fake. Even for one without military training, what Sophie was doing was not a pat down. Annika has both carried out and been on the receiving end of enough searches in training to be able to tell the difference. So she rather than grab Sophie, she merely commented, “There’s a handgun holstered in my jacket, left side.”

Sophie nods feeling the area, before taking the time to straighten Annika's suit with a smile. "I can't let such a suit all shuffled up." She says smiling as she goes to Jean to do the same "search" with her little malicious smile. 

Edited by Cyriann

She couldn't miss the wink. Or the faked out search, because even she had seen enough professionals in action to know this wasn't serious work. Furthermore, her ears were capable of picking up the small conversation between Annika and the girl. So as she let herself be 'frisked', she whispered at a volume only those close to her could hear, and only barely

"Are you being coerced? Do you need help? Tap once if so."

Edited by 404Cygni
Fixed some phrasing issue.

il y a 46 minutes, 404Cygni a dit :

She couldn't miss the wink. Or the faked out search, because even she had seen enough professionals in action to know this wasn't serious work. Furthermore, her ears were capable of picking up the small conversation between Annika and the girl. So as she let herself be 'frisked', she whispered at a volume only those close to her could hear, and only barely

"Are you being coerced? Do you need help? Tap once if so."

She sticks her tongue to the bodyguard girl at the question and giggles, finding her weapons and pointing them to Jin, who simply shrugs it as normal. Then she takes a little pause returning to Jin's side muttering to his ear before taking a few steps back with a malicious smile again.

Jin mutters something in his collar and sighs as he looks to Dubois, footsteps echoing from above, the two blackarmored men moving and taking positions accross the room. "So you are hiding a weapon." It doesn't sound like a question, more so like a direct affirmation, what Sophie had muttered to his ear now easy to guess. He raises a pistol, one Annika would remember as described by Cyriann, the same as his brother, producing a gigantic and violent sound with an impact much bigger than the gun leaves, he had described it as "tennisball sized almost", but he was shocked, so there is anything to let her imagine he didn't exagerate.
"From now on, you two are in custody, do anything and I shoot you down." It is certainly the most he ever spoke since they met him, and the stern look of his eye are inquisitive, he is not open to discussion that much is evident.
"Remove all your equipment." He orders the bodyguard.
"And you..." He looks over to Dubois. "...I, will take your gun." Only then does he moves towards Dubois, until that instant he had not moved a muscle, his intentions are celar, to remove the hidden gun, but Sophie steps in, again.

"Maybe it'll be better if I do it and you stay guarding me ?" The way this girl acts is anything but logical, clearly driven by her whimsical nature, Jin just sighs preparing to answer as she turns around and extends her hand to take the gun. "I'm having too much fun, much more than in my lab." Annika would be able to see her smile, Sophie is genuinely having fun causing this messy situation, without a doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-08 at 11:29 AM, Cyriann said:

She sticks her tongue to the bodyguard girl at the question and giggles, finding her weapons and pointing them to Jin, who simply shrugs it as normal. Then she takes a little pause returning to Jin's side muttering to his ear before taking a few steps back with a malicious smile again.

Jin mutters something in his collar and sighs as he looks to Dubois, footsteps echoing from above, the two blackarmored men moving and taking positions accross the room. "So you are hiding a weapon." It doesn't sound like a question, more so like a direct affirmation, what Sophie had muttered to his ear now easy to guess. He raises a pistol, one Annika would remember as described by Cyriann, the same as his brother, producing a gigantic and violent sound with an impact much bigger than the gun leaves, he had described it as "tennisball sized almost", but he was shocked, so there is anything to let her imagine he didn't exagerate.
"From now on, you two are in custody, do anything and I shoot you down." It is certainly the most he ever spoke since they met him, and the stern look of his eye are inquisitive, he is not open to discussion that much is evident.
"Remove all your equipment." He orders the bodyguard.
"And you..." He looks over to Dubois. "...I, will take your gun." Only then does he moves towards Dubois, until that instant he had not moved a muscle, his intentions are celar, to remove the hidden gun, but Sophie steps in, again.

"Maybe it'll be better if I do it and you stay guarding me ?" The way this girl acts is anything but logical, clearly driven by her whimsical nature, Jin just sighs preparing to answer as she turns around and extends her hand to take the gun. "I'm having too much fun, much more than in my lab." Annika would be able to see her smile, Sophie is genuinely having fun causing this messy situation, without a doubt.

Internally, Annika sighed. She had hoped to avoid combat, but she couldn’t afford to give up her gun. It’s lack of governor would be an immediate give away that something was up. And now Sophie was standing right before her, almost innocently holding out her hand for it. 

Silly girl.

Annika rubbed her eyes, as attempting to stave off another headache. In actual fact, she was using to cover the glow of her eyes as she reached out to the other teams.

‘Recon cover at risk. Need distraction.’

Out loud, she said, “You are not security, you are not in a position to demand anything from myself or my bodyguard.” This was a last ditch effort, though she took care to merely sound irritated rather than desperate, and she knew it wasn’t likely to succeed. If they drew off the Jin and his goons, they might be able to get into their warframes at least.

1 hour ago, Spikey844 said:

Internally, Annika sighed. She had hoped to avoid combat, but she couldn’t afford to give up her gun. It’s lack of governor would be an immediate give away that something was up. And now Sophie was standing right before her, almost innocently holding out her hand for it. 

Silly girl.

Annika rubbed her eyes, as attempting to stave off another headache. In actual fact, she was using to cover the glow of her eyes as she reached out to the other teams.

‘Recon cover at risk. Need distraction.’

Out loud, she said, “You are not security, you are not in a position to demand anything from myself or my bodyguard.” This was a last ditch effort, though she took care to merely sound irritated rather than desperate, and she knew it wasn’t likely to succeed. If they drew off the Jin and his goons, they might be able to get into their warframes at least.

Of course, with all this waiting, Dmitri was drifting in and out of sleep, his mind acting like a dolphins. One part of his brain started to sleep whilst the other kept him awake and went back and forth as the recon team did their stuff. Of course, Annika ended up reaching the part of Dmitri's brain that got him waking up in a state of full energy and he sighed with relief. "Finally, some action" he muttered in Lasiran before he knocked on the dashboard to wake Hayden up "Buckle up! it's time to roll."

At the end of  that sentence, Dmitri put the truck into first gear then pressed on the gas and clutch pedals, driving them forward towards the entrance of the Anyo Corp Airport, his warframe started to grow it's familiar layer of iron skin as Dmitri charged their chariot...