Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Scumbagging? Host Leave/continue And Mission Fail

hukurokuju5

So ran an ODD and we went to 20, being awarded a kama prime handle.....

we agree to leave.

the host at the last second switches to continue the mission, and  another guy and I are left with mission fail.....

no parts, nothing.

He basically got us to think we were leaving and then switched to continue so only he gets the mission rewards

I know that there has to be a key used to redeem things at the end of the mission to prevent abuse, but then there is also this kind of abuse where the host can scumbag cut out, leaving the other players with a mission fail and nothing to show for it....

If you have gotten something you desperately need, bail. Always. Particularly on ODD, where's there always another key.

You're there for a reason. Once that reason is fulfilled, go. Kama handles in particular are a royal pain to get and losing one is not worth the risk of what is a key whose only rarity is dictated by nav coordinates.

As a more general note, always be prepared to bail on defenses at the least provocation. If the host is behaving the least bit in a twitchy manner, it's the time to go. Got what you want? Leave. Any squirrelyness on continuation? Leave.

Just the way of it when it comes to defenses.

Even if you don't have pictures as proof, submit a ticket and explain this to them. I'm sure that they can see what the host did to troll you guys, Ask the other guy that was trolled with you if he's willing to help you in this matter. (I understand how frustrating such incidents can be, so please, don't leave this matter as it is)

actually him continuing at last sec is mainly a HUD glitch that happens a lot, I`ve also seen instances of a guy switching between both sonic fast as well

but if the guy did say to leave and continued then he was scumbagging u, I think u should talk it out with him or head to support

So ran an ODD and we went to 20, being awarded a kama prime handle.....

we agree to leave.

the host at the last second switches to continue the mission, and  another guy and I are left with mission fail.....

no parts, nothing.

He basically got us to think we were leaving and then switched to continue so only he gets the mission rewards

I know that there has to be a key used to redeem things at the end of the mission to prevent abuse, but then there is also this kind of abuse where the host can scumbag cut out, leaving the other players with a mission fail and nothing to show for it....

it has to be a bug.  you are supposed to get your rewards when you choose to leave.  it does not matter if the host continues or not.

I have been noticing a lot of posts like this recently : 

Since when did everyone have to extract with the host to get mission rewards? If that's by design, it's terrible, but it might just be a bug. There have been issues with mission extractions for maybe more than a year.

Can anyone confirm if this is intentional or this only came up recently ?

I have been noticing a lot of posts like this recently : 

Same. Either DE messed up, or it's a bug (and DE still messed up)

As for lost rewards, If you can give support:

- mission type

- mission time

- player names

you may be able to get compensation for the bug.

On another note, DE like to compensate players for bugs that totally benefit the player (*cough* affinity aura *cough*), but give miser compensation when bugs impact players negatively. What's with that?

Edited by Demon.King

Mission does not fail when host decides to leave either.

If other players want to say but the host wants to leave, he just leaves and they can keep going on, assuming its done at extraction menu.

You do realize the mission was ODD. A key based mission. As in, the host has the key.

If the key holder "stays" and everyone else leaves, those that left will not get the rewards.

If the key holder "leaves" but everyone chooses to stay, those that stay will fail the mission and not get any rewards.

If the key holder unplugs their computer from the internet, or closes their game, all the other players fail the mission, and no one gets any rewards.

That is what the OP and MANY others are talking about.

Edited by kitsu

You do realize the mission was ODD. A key based mission. As in, the host has the key.

If the key holder "stays" and everyone else leaves, those that left will not get the rewards.

If the key holder "leaves" but everyone chooses to stay, those that stay will fail the mission and not get any rewards.

If the key holder unplugs their computer from the internet, or closes their game, all the other players fail the mission, and no one gets any rewards.

Since when has the first part been the case? It's always been that if you chose to extract at a reward checkpoint, you got the rewards, regardless of what anyone else does.

The second one isn't the case either anymore, in my experience, unless the host aborts via menu (and even then may be specific to before wave 5, as aborting after wave 5 still consumes the key). Just earlier I forgot to hit extract, and thus defaulted to continue, at wave 20 in ODD. Host migrated and then solo'd 20-25 and got the rewards. I was neither the key holder nor the host.

2.not true, if the key holder leaves, the allies have 5 more waves to complete, and then it auto extract for the others.

Kitsu knows whats up.....

Since when has the first part been the case? It's always been that if you chose to extract at a reward checkpoint, you got the rewards, regardless of what anyone else does.

The second one isn't the case either anymore, in my experience, unless the host aborts via menu (and even then may be specific to before wave 5, as aborting after wave 5 still consumes the key). Just earlier I forgot to hit extract, and thus defaulted to continue, at wave 20 in ODD. Host migrated and then solo'd 20-25 and got the rewards. I was neither the key holder nor the host.

Alright, there is a difference between not choosing the fight or extract, as it forces you to go with the majority. Otherwise, as OP said, the host and everyone agreed to leave, as in everyone voted to leave. Then at the last minute the host decided to fight. I've seen these kinds of things happen before. It is really... Just bad. The system does not know what to do, and will more often then not just say you failed and get nothing. Its a trolls favorite weapon.

2.not true, if the key holder leaves, the allies have 5 more waves to complete, and then it auto extract for the others.

Sadly I never seen that happen. For me, when ever the key holder disapears, the game just says everyone failed. Now I have no idea what DE changed between having a different host and the key holder not being host, things get wierd there.

BUT if the host is the key holder, and the host leaves, while everyone stays, its game over, failed.

I was in a skype call with a freind of mine doing ODD, was at wave 15, their computer's connection dies, call drops, and me and my friends are booted out of mission, instant failure, no migration. My freind was the host and key holder.

The system DE has with keys and network integrity is just abysmal.

I think it's a bug and it's been around for a while. It does need fixing.

I ran a 60-something T4Def back when Nyx Prime came out. The squad all chose extract and we were celebrating in chat as the timer counted down. I typed out a "thank you" or something message, did not touch my mouse, but I believe when I hit the enter key to send my message I was switched to "continue". The squad left and I accidentally stayed. The rest of the team didn't get a reward.

I sent support a ticket with screen shots including the names of my teammates and that we had all chosen to leave at 60 with the reward. Unfortunately, they couldn't do anything about it. I guess cause they couldn't prove I didn't choose to stay willingly at the last moment - I really don't know. It made me sad and frustrated that my team wasn't able to get their prime part they worked so hard for, but at least some of them were able to get the part in another mission.

Ideally, with keyed missions if the host chooses to leave, the entire squad should automatically "leave" the mission so they can get their rewards instead of automatically failing due to no key host. If the squad chooses to leave and the host wants to stay, same deal.

Ideally, with keyed missions if the host chooses to leave, the entire squad should automatically "leave" the mission so they can get their rewards instead of automatically failing due to no key host. If the squad chooses to leave and the host wants to stay, same deal.

i like your idea