The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor The New Meta?

Yannik1

To begin with I dont like that you take stuff personally.You know since we are in the same clan that Im not talking crap.

I ve said it before a million times, when I was using weaps that in MY hands were OP, at least I recognised the fact and didnt complain when they got toned down.Either way this discussion as it turned out can only lead to bad feelings which is not worth it.

imo if we're going to change the opticor for pvp only, then change it where u can let go of charge at w/e charge level and that charge level represents it's dmg, so 100% charge = 1 shot, 50% charge = half dmg and letting it go at or 25% = minimal damage or at least breaks the shields and 75% charge should leave the opponent with maybe 25 health?.

So the charge level should represent the levels of charges, atm opticor only has two settings, half charge and full charge no in betweens which should change to give it more firing options and a more scale-able representation of its dmg with its charge levels.

Edited by --Sensei--

I don't even trust the Topic creator of this thread, he thinks opticor is the new meta and yet I dont see everyone uses em. How is it a meta when we have better guns that probably kill faster than the opticor.

He also has 40 posts so I assume he's new and got into a match with a really dedicated opticor user and got rekt for the first time in his life and now he's on the forums wanting a nerf.

Just go ingame and check my stats before talking.I dont whine about every change they make to the pvp,which btw is the only thing I play in this game,hence the low forum posts.

Just go ingame and check my stats before talking.I dont whine about every change they make to the pvp,which btw is the only thing I play in this game,hence the low forum posts.

Floating Ash Prime S#&$ with gorgon (pretty much everything you play) doesnt mean you are experienced

KD means nothing

I didn't wanna say this but...

We actually did 1 v 1 where I was using opticor, result was 13-3. 

Yeah congrats about that lol.

Proves my point though as to experienced Opticor user vs experienced player with other weap.

For the record in Fullmetals hands Opticor is way more lethal especially when shooting from across hallways and on top of pillars where you cant be reached.

I didn't actually hear him say it, but if that's true then I'll write it off as my own terrible hearing then, in a way you are somewhat correct, that it rewards skill-less spamming, but that's looking at the glass half empty, opticor can't really be spammed due to the charge time, you have time to prepare and react in between each shot attempt against an opticor user no? In the time that it takes you to miss, you could have potentially been killed while prepping your next shot or taking aim and charging up your next shot, in your video, I didn't seen many ppl try or attempt to engage you, instead most of what I saw was you firing against 2 ppl vsing each other and you taking the shot on one of them. Most if not all of them didn't engage you alot to keep pressure on you, so that's one glaring issue I saw, the opticor user was left alone and free to pick off w/e targets he wants.

Except you can charge-cancel shots to be always ready to fire. There is no time delay in doing so.

Look at my earlier gif: http://gfycat.com/YellowishLoneAmethystinepython

I started charging it before the corner without knowing if there was someone behind wall. As soon as I saw someone I fired my precharged Opticor

See that score is more reasonable, not even a huge lead, mostly because both of you probably kept pressure on each other so you couldn't snipe with the opticor as easily, and if the game took that long for each of you to score 2-3 kills, then the results speak for itself lol.

It was an Opticor vs. Opticor duel. (you can even see it on screenshot) If either one of us used a different weapon and a lighter frame the score would not be in his favor.

Well he was already doing that in the 20 min vid he linked, is why no one engaged or pressured him and he was free to pick off w/e targets he chosed, I said it earlier. If an opticor user is being pressured he won't have time to engage as well vs when he's left alone and free to do w/e. Watch the 20 min vid, he's left alone for the majority of the game, with a few engagements here and there but he easily escapes it with zephyr half the time. The few times he does get engaged, he does get killed though.

Which makes me wonder if a loki would do better with opticor, since then you won't have to be engaged or pressured upon while using loki+opticor.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

if only it was cross platform :) , then we might crush the poor controller users :(

OPTICOR PARTIAL CHARGE FOR A NERF! -_-/. can we at least agree on that, since it is like the same power of daikyu with other benefits, it wont even affect this other discussion of you die hard, hard to kill whatever opticor users since you like full charges. :)

either that or start buffing some other stuff which i would prefer but doesnt always seem to happen......

Meh its a little too flexible its aoe can force people out of cover but it one shotting in and of itself is well deserved with its 2.5 second charge and no hold time

Meh its a little too flexible its aoe can force people out of cover but it one shotting in and of itself is well deserved with its 2.5 second charge and no hold time

Using the Opticor in PVP reminds me of Spinfusors in Tribes. High damage, able to heavily damage or outright kill any hit opponents, but incredibly high risk reward, especially in a game like this were closing the distance isn't a problem. If you're caught with the Opticor in melee range, you're as good as dead.

What if you just jump?

Depends what era of conclave we are in, before U17 melee could still hit with mm(even I agree is broken, to stop lock on from personal experience easy this is to roll) after U17 lock on is worse on everything except silva and aegis from what I heard so jumping might work(tried with my jaw sword to see what it was like and it's bad right now) that being said a melee player, if they have good control and good reaction speed, should be able to still kill you even with you jumping, melee is about fast reaction and control, flailing randomly is Medicare's thing not a warframe player:P(I've seen it and holy S#&$ was I sad)

I feared it because I used Daikyu - Nerfed, I used Vectis - Nerfed, I used braton/ karak - Nerfed, now I use opticor and you're asking for a nerf. 

Lord_Noctus beat me when I used opticor and he used Daikyu, I could 1 shot him on a full charge yet he couldn't 1 shot me with Daikyu, he still won. Snipers and Paris bows series (not talking about Daikyu) are @#%$, you shouldn't compare that to anything till the reworks have arrived. 

I've seen players use this weapon, I've also seen comments says "How can you even kill with this thing? omg" "wtf, so hard to use" a lot, eventually, giving up on the weapon. 

Agreed, tired of people whining because of a weapon that is deadly in the right skilled players hands. Stop complaining and asking for nerfs! Some weapons should be better than others.. that is just natural and makes the game interesting.

Not OP, the charge is almost 3 seconds and it is very noticeable when being charged. If you die most likely you are to blame. Learn to run. 1 miss equals 3 seconds to think (okay, I have a brain).

Try to stagger or knock them down, what ever to interrupt it. Try a channeled block. There is a lot frames with defense abilities too. I use excal, I would stagger lock if they don't have the counter mod, if in air stagger I get ground slam too for a knockdown after the stagger, if I got energy, blind into gun finish. Energy is too easy to earn.

You could get a dot weapon, proc a dot element while dodging and chasing(most likely you are chasing for kill).

If we are qqing about it one shotting and doing too much damage, the gun was made for that.

Edited by (XB1)Tylers Legend

Not OP, the charge is almost 3 seconds and it is very noticeable when being charged. If you die most likely you are to blame. Learn to run. 1 miss equals 3 seconds to think (okay, I have a brain).

Try to stagger or knock them down, what ever to interrupt it. Try a channeled block. There is a lot frames with defense abilities too. I use excal, I would stagger lock if they don't have the counter mod, if in air stagger I get ground slam too for a knockdown after the stagger, if I got energy, blind into gun finish. Energy is too easy to earn.

You could get a dot weapon, proc a dot element while dodging and chasing(most likely you are chasing for kill).

If we are qqing about it one shotting and doing too much damage, the gun was made for that.

The problem is that it can still one shot frames and stagger even on partial charges, If your read earlier in the thread i think we mostly agreed that the full charge is in a good position cause its hard to pull off but the partial charge is what is overpowered if compared to say the daikyu.

As far as "dont ask for nerfs cause its only deadly in skilled hands" nerfing the partial charge shouldnt have an effect on the skilled people.