Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Add A Toggle Option For Always Run

(PSN)A_SimpleName

While you do have a point, I don't feel like there needs to be an option that allows you to hit the sprint button one time at the beginning of each match never to be touched again.

IMO, with such an option, I wouldn't have to hit a button to sprint: I would be sprinting all the time, from the beginning of each mission, and I would save 1 button mapping on my controller to put something else.

While you do have a point, I don't feel like there needs to be an option that allows you to hit the sprint button one time at the beginning of each match never to be touched again.

Let me ask you this: Why not have the option? What is the negative?

The positives are clear:

I've been ranting about it for months, glad it got noticed finally.

Posting this again for reference on how it should work IMO.

(Titanfall, before anyone asks)

I5V5sCS.jpg

-this.

because of-

IMO, with such an option, I wouldn't have to hit a button to sprint: I would be sprinting all the time, from the beginning of each mission, and I would save 1 button mapping on my controller to put something else.

Edited by Ronyn

Toggle to sprint, hold to walk, always sprinting. These all sound great, but the root problem is this:

I would really like to have the option to enable auto-sprinting. It would be a great quality of life improvement considering reactivating sprint after aiming, shooting, rolling, activating, etc. gets to be tedious after a while.

I've always wondered why you can melee while sprinting, but every other action requires a cycle of the sprint key. I find myself moving between objectives, hold the sprint down, not sprinting. Because I had to clear a path shooting mobs. Some would say I'm being lazy, or a "noob", but I think this would be a great QoL improvement. 

Yes, please. This will be fantastic to console players considering the recent button mapping changes to "secondary fire" being separated. Now, I don't have any real (ergonomic/comfortable) place to map secondary fire. Currently, it's either swipe up on PS4 touch pad or Up D-pad (for me).

Okay so I'm not a controller player so I can't speak to that aspect, but I have an honest question to pose for some opinions if that's alright.

When it comes to this toggle-sprint idea, or sprint always on thing, I wonder what the other consequences of this change would be? What would happen if I tried to zoom in while sprinting? Melee? Blocking?

I don't ask this to be stupid, I'm honestly curious. I feel a little out of the loop here since I'm PC and don't use a controller to play, so I only peripherally know the difficulties those players face. I'd like to know, as a mouse-and-keyboard user, how this would effect me too. This idea sounds popular, and I see a lot of people talking about how useful it would be to them, so I would like to know how they see this working along with the current system.

Edited by Jeahanne

Okay so I'm not a controller player so I can't speak to that aspect, but I have an honest question to pose for some opinions if that's alright.

When it comes to this toggle-sprint idea, or sprint always on thing, I wonder what the other consequences of this change would be? What would happen if I tried to zoom in while sprinting? Melee? Blocking?

I don't ask this to be stupid, I'm honestly curious. I feel a little out of the loop here since I'm PC and don't use a controller to play, so I only peripherally know the difficulties those players face. I'd like to know, as a mouse-and-keyboard user, how this would effect me too. This idea sounds popular, and I see a lot of people talking about how useful it would be to them, so I would like to know how they see this working along with the current system.

The mechanic will be the exact as we have now. When you are  zooming in to shoot (Aim Down Scope), blocking, etc., you'll be at the pace that is at right now. The change I am essentially asking/wanting is a "stickier" sprint toggle where I don't have to re-engage it each time I stop to shoot, melee, block, etc. However, if DE allow for an option menu toggle where sprint is always on, that'll free up a need for a sprint button where I can map to something like secondary fire. I can see where a few instances where always sprinting is bad, but (for my sake) always sprinting is the better choice.

I5V5sCS.jpg

^^

This

I've been ranting about it for months, glad it got noticed finally.

Posting this again for reference on how it should work IMO.

I5V5sCS.jpg

We currently have a "Toggle Sprint" button, but we have to press it again every single time that the Sprint is canceled by something as basic as shooting or landing. To this day, I have not seen a single player who enjoys this system.

Our "Toggle Sprint" button should simply re-enable sprinting after these actions. That's all we need. (Or the "option to make Sprint the default movement" suggestion, which would be even more flexible since it would allow a Hold-to-Jog button to exist in addition to accomplishing what OP is asking for.)

Game would be vastly improved, especially for console players if Sprint was changed to this type of funcitonality.

We do have Toggle Sprint, I have no idea what OP wants beyond that.

You have 600+ posts. OP has 40+. The OP doesn't understand the intentional design decision. Stamina and sprint toggle really sucked in combination. But stamina was removed.

The sprint limitation is bearable, especially in light of everyone having that limitation. For instance sprint ends when shooting a weapon and performing a lot of other actions.

The sprint limitation is there for balance so that inexperienced players can somewhat keep up with speed runners.

Is it annoying? Yes.

Do I like it? No.

Do I understand the design decision? Yes

Edited by (PS4)l0r3n7step

I5V5sCS.jpg

Titalfall is a pure FPS.

Warframe is a primarily a Coop RPG

I'd really like that option though in solo-play.

Hardly anyone would invest as many hours into Warframe if it were an FPS, with mechanics, graphics and physics that for the most part compete with 10 year old games.

Until recently movement was so bad I was ready to quit. Parkour 2.0 made it bearable but is a far cry from smooth modern movement mechanics.

I think what l0r3n7step trying to convey is that having everyone sprinting all the time will kind of leave the slower players behind and not promote coop. I see his point of view, but that depends on squads. If you have a fast squad, then everyone move fast. If you have a slow squad, then everyone move slow. It's when you have a mixture that the coop "may" be an issue. I see it as the same as when driving on the highway: "Go with the flow; it's safer to travel with traffic speed, then go defensive and slower (vice versa not be aggressive and go faster)".

Beside the point, I made this suggestion so that it is an OPTION. Not everyone has to use it. It won't directly affect anyone else who never use it before. It will benefit those who do (especially those who uses controller). 

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone else feel as though sprinting got buggier after U18 hit?

A lot of the time, sprinting will cancel a split second after I activate it, even if I'm doing nothing but running on flat ground with no obstructions. This happened using both holding and toggling, so I know for sure that it's not a problem with my keyboard or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I think what l0r3n7step trying to convey is that having everyone sprinting all the time will kind of leave the slower players behind and not promote coop. I see his point of view, but that depends on squads. If you have a fast squad, then everyone move fast. If you have a slow squad, then everyone move slow. It's when you have a mixture that the coop "may" be an issue. I see it as the same as when driving on the highway: "Go with the flow; it's safer to travel with traffic speed, then go defensive and slower (vice versa not be aggressive and go faster)".

Beside the point, I made this suggestion so that it is an OPTION. Not everyone has to use it. It won't directly affect anyone else who never use it before. It will benefit those who do (especially those who uses controller). 

Hurray for options!

Doesn't the disparity in speed exist already though? The inability to keep up in part I've seen is due to inexperience (Not in a bad way, as in learning the game and its motions. We all had to at some point.) or Modifications (Rare bullet jump mods, maxed other mods,etc.)

You have 600+ posts. OP has 40+. The OP doesn't understand the intentional design decision. Stamina and sprint toggle really sucked in combination. But stamina was removed.

The sprint limitation is bearable, especially in light of everyone having that limitation. For instance sprint ends when shooting a weapon and performing a lot of other actions.

The sprint limitation is there for balance so that inexperienced players can somewhat keep up with speed runners.

Is it annoying? Yes.

Do I like it? No.

Do I understand the design decision? Yes

Sprint limitation doesn't accomplish the balance as much as coop doors and elevator courtesy.

Stopping to shoot isn't always going to happen (different weapons, and depends on mission type), and also doesn't mean an inexperienced player will keep up either.

There are many ways to promote cooperation, keeping people moving the same doesn't have to be one of them. Crippling someone so that everyone moves the same isnt coop. We've gotta utilize our similarities as well as our differences to effectively accomplish a task. The method may vary from person to person.

PvP is another story though.