Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"kick From Squad" Function

Sphirical

So why isn't there a "Kick from squad" function implemented into the game yet? It seems like something that could be very essential to online multiplayer. If there is someone misbehaving in the lobby or game there should be a way of kicking that player.

EDIT: If it's in the wrong section please move it.

Edited by Sphirical

So why isn't there a "Kick from squad" function implemented into the game yet? It seems like something that could be very essential to online multiplayer. If there is someone misbehaving in the lobby or game there should be a way of kicking that player.

Because Warframe is about the only Community thats hates that feature cause trolls can use it.

Because Warframe is about the only Community thats hates that feature cause trolls can use it.

Right, but wouldn't a vote to kick function not help against that? Let's say 3 out of 4 are being bothered by a certain player. Instead of breaking up the squad and having to re-invite wouldn't it be better if they could vote for someone to be kicked?

Please research this topic before posting to see if anyone else posted about it. Because the answer has been answered before....

No kick function

Well sorry but in my activity I have not yet seen such a topic cross my eye.

Just trying to throw some ideas out there that could benefit the community.

Right, but wouldn't a vote to kick function not help against that? Let's say 3 out of 4 are being bothered by a certain player. Instead of breaking up the squad and having to re-invite wouldn't it be better if they could vote for someone to be kicked?

Rather than a group of two trolls who invited you to their group only to kick you out right before you get your rewards?

Features like this are often open to abuse. With an option like that at my disposal I can think of plenty of ways to grief players who harmlessly irritate me for some reason or another. Maybe they're running a frame I don't like, maybe they activate life support earlier than I'd like, who knows what they've done. As long as I have a friend or two in the squad I can remove this person at my leisure, no matter how small their crime.

The only way I see it doing any good, is to attach it to the anti AFK thing, to make it so the party gets a kick vote prompt if a player AFKs.

And yes, the party gets the vote kick, and not just the host, because just like how some people AFK to get the drops without effort, some of those people can be the host too, and since we have host migration, it would work "fine".

I only have 30 and something hours in Payday 2, and quite a few of them are in runs that were nothing but wasted time because people can kick any time, which they abuse to kick people right before the mission ends, making it so they don't get the rewards.

Actually, in those 30 and something hours, I saw more trolls in that game than in my entire time spend here in Warframe, which is well over 1 year, and... more than 55 days of in game time I believe.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

Rather than a group of two trolls who invited you to their group only to kick you out right before you get your rewards?

Features like this are often open to abuse. With an option like that at my disposal I can think of plenty of ways to grief players who harmlessly irritate me for some reason or another. Maybe they're running a frame I don't like, maybe they activate life support earlier than I'd like, who knows what they've done. As long as I have a friend or two in the squad I can remove this person at my leisure, no matter how small their crime.

Of course it's always prone to abuse. But there must be a way to fix something like that. Instead of bashing in the idea of having a function like this why aren't people thinking of something that could fix it?

The only way I see it doing any good, is to attach it to the anti AFK thing, to make it so the party gets a kick vote prompt if a player AFKs.

And yes, the party gets the vote kick, and not just the host, because just like how some people AFK to get the drops without effort, some of those people can be the host too, and since we have host migration, it would work "fine".

I only have 30 and something hours in Payday 2, and quite a few of them are in runs that were nothing but wasted time because people can kick any time, which they abuse to kick people right before the mission ends, making it so they don't get the rewards.

Actually, in those 30 and something hours, I saw more trolls in that game than in my entire time spend here in Warframe, which is well over 1 year, and... more than 55 days of in game time I believe.

I think that's a fairly good idea, having multiple flags that have to be active before a vote can be started on a certain player.

Oh, because we don't want it.

In my almost 4 thousand hours in this game I have had my fair share of abusive/griefing/afk players. You say that "we" don't want it but I am fairly sure that a large portion of the community would benefit from such a function.

In my almost 4 thousand hours in this game I have had my fair share of abusive/griefing/afk players. You say that "we" don't want it but I am fairly sure that a large portion of the community would benefit from such a function.

Someone brought up the kick function topic to DE before during a devstream.. I want you to guess what their answer was.

Take the time to look at past forums using the search bar by searching "Kick function", Your answers are there.

Edited by KJRenz

An option for the Host to kick from Lobby would be nice, I've been in several scenarios when I'm running missions with a friend of mine and we open the party for a particularly difficult/annoying mission and then the random just never leaves, or assumes we'll be sticking around to do whatever they want. an option to eject said player so we can continue doing our own thing would be nice

as for in-mission, IF there was a kick, it REALLY should be vote to kick, and a ticket getting auto-submitted much like how using /unstuck submits a ticket automatically. This way DE gets notified of potentially toxic players (both on the kicked and kicking side in case it's used illegitimately) I don't imagine it'd be quite difficult to send data automatically if a player was AFKing when they were kicked, as well as sending over the chatlogs. I find that people are a LOT more honest and such when they have to take responsibility for their actions. I would also imagine that if someone was kicked illegitimately as to lose out on rewards then it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that DE could look at the auto-ticket, see the rewards that they WOULD have gotten, and give it to them directly

That's my thoughts, a straight-up kick at any time with no repercussions function WOULD be subject to trolling. but make people responsible for their actions, and the tool becomes more useful than harmful

If you find any player breaking the rules of the game.

Just screenshot the act of the player for proof, or ask them to look into it, and report it to support.

But a kick feature will be overly abused.

That's why the good ol' ignore feature / report is added.

Edited by Monsterwithin

While a kick feature would be useful in genuine situations where a player is trolling/griefing/afk, the problem is that everyone has different definitions of those actions.

What is just having fun to you, is trolling to another.  *kick + lost all your rewards*

What is fun to you, is "anti-team work" to others.  *Kicked + lost all your rewards*

I personally don't see the need for a kick with how easy it is to leave the mission (either via abort or by leaving ASAP) and then rejoining with a different team, preferably one that you've taken time and effort to put together.  After putting the offending player on ignore, of course.  If you're running a PUG, they can still rejoin if you're set to public matchmaking otherwise.

But seriously, the team max is 4 people.  How is it such a hassle to reinvite 1-3 people?  Especially when they're names are saved on the "recent players" list.

Raids, I can see needing a kick feature.  That's potentially 8 people and sometimes requires specific team compositions and is a valid setting for a host lobby kick.

I played Left 4 Dead 2 not too long ago.

After being pretty accepting of a vote-kick feature in this game and silently scratching my head at people who oppose it, L4D2 reminded me of why a vote-kick is no good.

I literally got kicked for falling slightly behind. 

In this game, where 50% of the gameplay is rushing as fast as you can mash Ctrl, space and shift, where we still have those players with that mindset, I have to honestly say a Vote-Kick would be abused and our worries and doubts to be just.

• 1 month later...