Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Spawning Enemies Right At The Beginning Of Void Exterminate!

Bipp

What the title says.

I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one when I say I'm sick to death of being 80% through a void exterminate mission and having to backtrack all the way to the beginning again because some braindead enemy decided to spawn there. 

Before someone pipes up about missing the enemies, I would've found it because Animal Instinct.

The map has its own waypoints that point to remaining enemies on the current tile. So no, I did not and am not missing enemies out (not that I would with an Ignis and WoF build).

The game just spawns enemies all the way back for no reason. There's also that weird enemy marker that often shows up on the map just not pointing at anything at all.

q9clurv.jpg

/signed

Enemies spawning behind you, forcing you to go back a definitely an annoyance.

There's also that weird enemy marker that often shows up on the map just not pointing at anything at all.

That's the next enemy. However, depending on how far they're away, it shows their position relative to you, not the next door you have to take to get to them.

COMIC SANS. YOU NEED TO STAHP MATE.

But really, this is true. Since one of the more dated updates, perhaps ~3 months ago, spawning has been absolutely terrible in exterminate missions. I remember they said something about it being improved or fixed, or something like that. It's horrible. 

The fact that this bug is still in the game makes me question what they meant by "year of quality". This is one of the first things that they should have fixed... THIS is the reason everyone hates exterminates so much. Being boring is #2 but still, if this was fixed I'd play them sometimes by choice...

But really, this is true. Since one of the more dated updates, perhaps ~3 months ago, spawning has been absolutely terrible in exterminate missions. I remember they said something about it being improved or fixed, or something like that. It's horrible. 

There were changes to enemy spawns in survival to make it feel like waves of enemies were attacking.

It still feels like a weak trickle most of the time (especially in solo).

This problem is pretty popular, it's been happening for months already. They had an entry in one of the changelogs a few months ago saying this was improved, but, it's still the same crap. Enemies still spawn tiles behind you. It only takes one exterminate mission in a day spawning an enemy behind me, to ruin the next ones since I won't play them like they are supposed to be played, instead, i will just run to the last tile, and simulor the crap out of enemies piled up in the last two tiles.

It's almost like the no digital content available in a country vs piracy conundrum. If the source doesn't want to fix the problem, people will find a way to exploit something. You want players doing exterminations tile by tile, stop spawning the enemy behind them, EZPZ LMN SQZY.

/signed

Enemies spawning behind you, forcing you to go back a definitely an annoyance.

That's the next enemy. However, depending on how far they're away, it shows their position relative to you, not the next door you have to take to get to them.

Never seems to point to the next enemy for me. Ever. It's always off in some grey area somewhere (I bet it's Baro).

FWIW, you can just continue towards the exit and left behind enemies will sooner or later

re-spawn in front of you or - if you're already at Extraction - at least somewhat closer to you.

Since I'm currently spamming T2E keys (gotta get dem ducats, yo) I'll try this. 

Off topic: Whats with the hate on the Comic Sans format o_O

On topic: I agree, the spawning in exterminate missions is really broken, although I guess its due to the AI as well, seeing as its most likely a unit cowering behind cover and not chasing you down. Its horrifying how much of an annoyance it can be sometimes.

Off topic: Whats with the hate on the Comic Sans format o_O

It's overused and too often in situations where it shouldn't even be considered as an option. It's a good font for your child's birthday invitation or the church's summer BBQ flyer - but you shouldn't use it for anything serious (unless you want to advertise your rent-a-clown business maybe). But some people just don't know any self-restraint and use it for anything "because it looks so funny".

Never seems to point to the next enemy for me. Ever. It's always off in some grey area somewhere (I bet it's Baro).

Well, yes. As I said, it points directly to the next enemy. However, since that enemy is outside the visible area of your minimap, the marker is moved towards you in a straight line until it is just inside. And usually ends up somewhere in the empty grey area between the rooms.

Well, yes. As I said, it points directly to the next enemy. However, since that enemy is outside the visible area of your minimap, the marker is moved towards you in a straight line until it is just inside. And usually ends up somewhere in the empty grey area between the rooms.

There's another marker though that randomly appears / seems to erroneously spawn from an actual enemy marker,

this bugged one doesn't indicate anything and actually disappears (temporarily) if you switch map sizes.

If you rush to extraction, the game forces all the enemies into the last few rooms to prevent them from falling too far behind. simply run all the way to the end, turn around, and watch your framerate plummet.

I was doing some testing where I was trying to glitch out of the map at Extraction as I wanted to take a screenshot of a texture - but could not, as DE seems to have closed of all the gaps a lot better then I thought - so I ran straight there and I killed like 80% of the units total count in the end room, and then had move back one tile and pull them, to give me some damn alone time.

So yes, run to the end, and fight them there.