Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Excalibur Please Get A Reason To Not Just Spam E?

WhiteCopain

Channeling is drain per hit. If that wave hits 5 enemies at split second differences (which is very common given how enemies tend to clump up in this game) and you have a rank 1 life strike equipped (which drains 9 energy per hit). Congrats you've just lost 45 energy with one attack whether you wanted to turn off channeling or not.

If they do add this he better get a major energy buff or E blade wont drain anymore

That won't be an issue with u18 coming out with the sorties:

88d05d89883b56b37f52e2a4300bfe34.png

Sorties will be having missions starting at the level 100s. Meaning that the power of EB and other similar abilties are justified in its current state to be able to deal with these enemies. There are no need for any of these changes. And you definitely won't be one shotting enemies now.

Quoted for truth. Sorties are looking to be the end game we're looking for. Enemies stronger than raid level. Also sortie restrictions might not even allow abilities to damage enemies sometimes.

I really like Excalibur's ult. I really do. I love all the details on it, and I like how my customized Excal looks. I like a lot about him. But I hate that the best way to play him is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE until you die. His combos are worthless, they're worse then just spamming basic attack because they're slower and do nothing extra. Why?

Simply because of the same reason y we press 4 on nova, because it's GOOD Edited by chamonglee

Why do people spam 4? Because they're powerful. Ults are supposed to be powerful. *coughoverloadcough* -cries in a corner-

I've been using Excal almost exclusively even long before his rework and I do have to agree that using EB can get rather dreary especially if all you're doing is spamming the ult. That's a problem on the player's end. You want to play skillfully? Then show self-discipline, don't make the excuse that just because that's the only thing YOU can do, the skill should be changed. EB is not the only thing that helps you get through the starchart or void (t4). You have your primary and secondary weapon as well; make use of them. Almost all the whining threads I've seen of EB are from people who don't know how to play the game or Excal and cry because EB is the only thing they know how to use.

IMHO, I find EB a decent skill. Borderline OP but when you think about how low-tier Excal was outside of RB spam, long before his rework, I think he deserves something like this. Then again, back then people also complained the exact same things about how RB made the game boring or too easy. /facepalm

DE just needs to put in better melee combos from EB. Also, slide + melee = slide dmg on target>energy wave towards crowds>blind>finisher. Try that.

Edited by AxialBlue

Here's another response to this poorly thought statement. Aside from what has been said of channeling being too costly, you need to have a reason to use the ability, mantain it and but not use the waves since you're adding a factor to discourage their use.

And here's where the problem lies, as it has been said before, EB without waves is pretty damn useless. You know what EB is without the waves? Just a sword, plain and simple, why would I not instead just equip a melee weapon that provides me better survivability and not drain my energy while I hold it? If you want me to not use the waves by giving them extra cost then give me a reason to use the base ability to begin with.

Yeah sure go ahead and call it poorly thought out instead of realizing I understand how channeling works and that making the waves channel only would make it better overall so that you're not just swinging wildly. It's more than just a sword as we all already know. The damage on the blade itself is destructive. Without the waves it's actually a melee weapon and not just a skewered version of the old Excalibur's Radial Javelin. Exalted Blade is a powerful ability even without the waves. The waves discourage actually diving into the combos and movement, which is a repeating problem.

That won't be an issue with u18 coming out with the sorties:

Sorties will be having missions starting at the level 100s. Meaning that the power of EB and other similar abilties are justified in its current state to be able to deal with these enemies. There are no need for any of these changes. And you definitely won't be one shotting enemies now.

Yeah. Let the power creep flow through you.

You realize this isn't a good thing, right?more weapons made useless, more abilities rendered obsolete and nothing's changed but the numbers.

Yeah. Let the power creep flow through you.

You realize this isn't a good thing, right?more weapons made useless, more abilities rendered obsolete and nothing's changed but the numbers.

glad that DE actually buff old contents if we cry hard enough, ignis being prime example

glad that DE actually buff old contents if we cry hard enough, ignis being prime example

If you understood the buffing process due to molding being as ridiculous as it is currently, you would realize that crying isn't helping anyone at the moment.

Except both of you are half right.

Like it or not, whine threads account as feedback. Poor feedback, but still feedback. If you're going to assume the hundreds of "The ignis is bad, buff ignis, where is ignis buff?" threads that has happened as far as (and before) damage 2.0 wasn't a factor in the ignis being remodeled and buff this year then you are being willingfully ignorant.

However, if you're going to assume because you cry loud enough you will instantly get the changes you want then you're being misled.

Like it or not the staff come here for feedback, if they see alot of people speaking or asking for changes about a certain aspect of the game, it's likely to be worked on with greater priority than others

Excalibur's radial javelin nerf a few months back set the forums ablaze in excalibur threads , scott seeing the sheer amount of threads (when he was initially going for Frost feedback/suggestion for the revamp) decided that Excalibur was of greater priority and hence we got his rework first, this was said on the Devstream.

Making your voices heard to changes definitely works in warframe,  The staff are not going to sit with with hands over thier ears pretneding nothing is wrong.

TL;DR crying helps but it certainly isn't instantaneous.

Yeah sure go ahead and call it poorly thought out instead of realizing I understand how channeling works and that making the waves channel only would make it better overall so that you're not just swinging wildly. It's more than just a sword as we all already know. The damage on the blade itself is destructive. Without the waves it's actually a melee weapon and not just a skewered version of the old Excalibur's Radial Javelin. Exalted Blade is a powerful ability even without the waves. The waves discourage actually diving into the combos and movement, which is a repeating problem.

And I repeat, it is poorly thought. Discouraging the use of the waves won't suddendly make the ability better because there is nothing to compensate for their lack of use, as said before without the waves you only have a plain and simple sword, so why not take instead a melee with better survivability instead? Damage is completely irrelevant if you're dead.

Oh and as a little fyi, the waves themselves do not discourage neither combos nor movement, it's that the combis themselves do not offer any significant benefits and this can be theorically applied to any melee weapon, simply removing the waves isn't going to encourage the use of either of these any more than it already does.

As you said, it's more than just a sword, and that is great for an ability. But what you're trying to do here is to turn it into the opposite, a simple and plain sword that would offer no advantage over regular melee and that keeps draining your energy while at that.

And I repeat, it is poorly thought. Discouraging the use of the waves won't suddendly make the ability better because there is nothing to compensate for their lack of use, as said before without the waves you only have a plain and simple sword, so why not take instead a melee with better survivability instead? Damage is completely irrelevant if you're dead.

Oh and as a little fyi, the waves themselves do not discourage neither combos nor movement, it's that the combis themselves do not offer any significant benefits and this can be theorically applied to any melee weapon, simply removing the waves isn't going to encourage the use of either of these any more than it already does.

As you said, it's more than just a sword, and that is great for an ability. But what you're trying to do here is to turn it into the opposite, a simple and plain sword that would offer no advantage over regular melee and that keeps draining your energy while at that.

All Melee weapons have nearly the same degree of survivability, there's no need to consider that at all. There won't be a removal of the waves though; just having them appear while you channel. This thread is asking for a nerf to the mindset that you spam E and so that's what I'm trying to solve here. Do I think it's a good idea? Absolutely not what the hell. Understanding how the game works is one thing but me completely disregarding everything else for the sake of fixing the problem is another and that makes no sense. I mean sure if I wanted to I'd post a whole thread about how to possibly improve Excalibur but he's in an okayish place so there's no need for that.

Nothing about what I say is poorly thought.