Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara, Wait Up. I'mma Let You Finish... But

achromos

nah man loki was jelluse when he found out that Mesa and Ash had the wohoo! time and decided to tell the player to say loki master race since loki found out that the baby that had grown up years later was actually more beneficial to other people while loki is mostly himself

Loki is not a stealth frame, he's a trickster. He uses illusion and misguidance to fool his enemies and have the upper hand, invisibility is just one of aces in the hole he can use.

Ivara on the other hand uses a more indirect approach, striking from afar unseen or avoiding fight at all. 

Tell me what defines that frame as an archer other than the 4th ability which IIRC wasnt even shown in the last devstream.

Tell me what does her 1,2,3 abilities have to do with archery or bows.

Her 1st ability is a selection of 4 different arrow types - Sleep, Alarming, Invisibility and Zipline. Arrows. You know, things that are shot from bows.

It's not like all of Mesa's abilities involve her guns.

I don't mean to sound offensive but she doesn't seem like she will be very useful unless stealth get a complete rework... And even then, interception, defense, stuff like that ?

I mean this is Warframe, not Splinter Cell. Noise shot, track shot, controlling a projectile, cloaking arrow, zipline, pfui gimmicks !  Invisibility yes but we already have three frames who can cloak more easily, and fight as well, unlike her.

I bet nobody will use her ziplines. Can't find a reason why they would be useful, especially if they disable the use of abilities like the current ones do. All of her abilities look somewhat cool on paper but don't fit the flow of the game, imo, so they will be ignored by most.

But, we shall wait and see.

Edited by Enno69

For spy missions, they will be very usefull. Especially the corpus ones.

True indeed; but then those will need to be reworked asap. Make them more challenging (for ex, killing everything prior to entering the vault gives you a penalty) and more rewarding, with more complex mechanics that involve both the player's skills and stealth abilities like the zipline.

I don't mean to sound offensive but she doesn't seem like she will be very useful unless stealth get a complete rework... And even then, interception, defense, stuff like that ?

I mean this is Warframe, not Splinter Cell. Noise shot, track shot, controlling a projectile, cloaking arrow, zipline, pfui gimmicks !  Invisibility yes but we already have three frames who can cloak more easily, and fight as well, unlike her.

I bet nobody will use her ziplines. Can't find a reason why they would be useful, especially if they disable the use of abilities like the current ones do. All of her abilities look somewhat cool on paper but don't fit the flow of the game, imo, so they will be ignored by most.

But, we shall wait and see.

Being able to allow for an invisible capture in interception for  the whole team from anywhere on the map is kinda nice (stealth arrow ; if no line of sight + controlling projectiles). I'm guessing the range of the arrow-effects is affected by power range, and Rebecca used a max duration min range build, so the AE of the sleep-arrow should be quite decent if modded for range (even +/- range) so there is CC; A weapon-power is always nice to kill stuff with, and i remember Rebecca saying it fires a fan of arrows so you should be able to kill groups with it.

And an invis glasscannon frame can also be quite funny and effective (her special arrows apparently stick to allies so you can stick one on eg. your Ember and she carries the invis-field around with her).

Tell me what defines that frame as an archer other than the 4th ability which IIRC wasnt even shown in the last devstream.

Tell me what does her 1,2,3 abilities have to do with archery or bows.

tell me what kind of prenium void drugs did you eat? because you have to be not paying attention if you think that her first ability doesn't have to do with arrows then you must be in an allternate dimension were arrows have to do with solar flares

tell me what kind of prenium void drugs did you eat? because you have to be not paying attention if you think that her first ability doesn't have to do with arrows then you must be in an allternate dimension were arrows have to do with solar flares

What he/she possibly meant is that the bow could be removed in this ability and nothing would change, she could throw a zipline by hand, cloak automatically, throw a noise decoy etc... Bow are meant to kill things and her special arrows feel weird. But maybe that's not what he/she wanted to say.

-Can make other invisible, likely including herself (hit yourself with your arrow). AoE Invis

-Can group enemies together then stun said group

-Pickpocketting

-Ziplines

Loki is not the best stealth frame anymore.

ivara sounds so much like...elder scrolls build

and thats a good thing

Edited by Toppien