Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Of The Year?

TheErebus.

Lol...really?

Don't see the appeal of early access games making any list other than "most promising early access game of the year" :/

Actually I'd put Killing Floor 2 on my honorable mentions if I wanted too.

Your the one that eats umbilical cords and fist giant pigs in the behind.

well at least i aint being cared for by a goat

Besides of Warframe, +1

Fallout 4. A big disappointment, but not quite the biggest.

Biggest disappointment and made me almost rage out, because of hype over years:

JUST EFFING CAUSE 3

I literally hate that game now. The worst performance optimization for AMD GPUs, even for an ASUS ROG Matrix R9 290X 4G, neither it will run constantly at 120 FPS with my GTX 980 Ti.
And I was just loving JC2. That destruction. Such environment. Wow ocean water.
Now its just the "Just Crash-" and "Just Crap 3" game.

Insta refunded-ish.

As far as I can remember I have only played MGS V that was this year's release ( If we do not count GTA V PC port ), So I really cannot give it credit of GOTY just because I played one game that was realeased in 2015.

Although 2015 was better than 2014 by a lot.

Whilst I'm aware the game is functionally older than the recent Steam release, I nevertheless will have to put my vote in for Trails in the Sky, Second Chapter.

Sure, on it's own you're missing a lot if you've not played the prior chapter cause...well, continuous story. Nonetheless...the story, character development, music and solid game play makes me so glad I purchased it the moment I saw it on Steam's queue. Excellent excuse to be up all night, honestly, cause you just have to see what comes next.

I know that may not be enough for people, but I think that if I can come to the end of a game where the story ends up just making me feel actually good about myself, let alone hopeful about my own goals for a change...it's a damn good game. Add in the sheer length of both 'chapters', FC taking me 57 hours and SC taking me 85? It's so nice to play a game that is genuinely in it for the long haul.

I'd happily call this a classic. Sure is one of the best games I've ever had the privilege of playing taken as a whole.

Witcher 3 wins by a huge margin. It is the only 2015 release that has a great story, great gameplay, great visuals, and isn't a bad port.

Fallout 4 is good, but suffers some major performance issues on all platforms in addition to being buggy and the devs lied about it not having its framerate locked. I have a high-end PC and I still get framerate drops on Fallout 4.
MGSV had a pretty meh story, its visuals aren't that great (has some terrible textures), and has one of the most boring/dead open-worlds I've seen in recent time.

Bloodborne was short, lacked the weapon variety seen in previous Fromsoft games, and is a PS4 exclusive.

I haven't played Undertale so I can't comment on it, but I saw that Yahtzee gave it a recommendation so it can't be that bad.

GTAV wasn't really a 2015 release.

Arkham knight was a horrid port, automatic disqualification as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't played Just Cause 3 but I have heard it gets repetitive, ultimately I cannot comment on it.

Battlefront is horribly boring and has tons of wasted potential.

Warframe wasn't released in 2015.

TL;DR- I think The Witcher 3 wins GOTY by a huge margin.

This is actually a very hard question for me because I can't think of a single game that came out in 2015. I mean, I do play most of the major titles that interest me but I forget them as quickly as I finish them.

The only game that comes to my mind is MGS Phantom Pain.