Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naramon Lens Question

Cappucchino

Question

21 answers to this question

The guy there meant that the Naramon lens mostly benefits melee, so it would make sense to put it on a melee weapon. I think you will still get the buffs if you put it on a frame.

So the melee passive still works if you don't have a lens on melee? Also since one of the passives gives bonus affinity kills for melee thats a good reason for the lens to be on melee anyway.

Edited by maj.death

So the melee passive still works if you don't have a lens on melee? Also since one of the passives gives bonus affinity kills for melee thats a good reason for the lens to be on melee anyway.

It should at least in theory. I haven't got the time to test it myself though.

Just to note, putting a lens on an frame may make it more difficult to earn exp for the focus, so put it on a frame that can earn a lot of exp on its own.

Edited by Yazeth

Put my naramon lens on banshee... who has no effective direct killing abilities (so I get barely any affinity since lens don't use shared xp) and is not a melee weapon... save me support ticket!

Well, max range, max power strenght ult build and spam low lvl missions maybe? u can try excavations on earth maybe and tell us the results ^_^ or low level survivals.  Just find a good spot with a lot of spawns and it might be Ok'ish. In Any case, current system does not provide enough info to make an informed decision unfortunately, so its a trial and error for a lot of ppl ;_; 

It should at least in theory. I haven't got the time to test it myself though.

Just to note, putting a lens on an frame may make it more difficult to earn exp for the focus, so put it on a frame that can earn a lot of exp on its own.

I put it on my Ash Prime, it should be OK isn't it?

IMO, I think that put lens on whatever just received EXP when use that thing kills enemies but the skills of lens will works on melee anyway... Did I correct?

Edited by Cappucchino

I've put the Lens on Ash Prime, as well, of course I did not kown, about this before, but Ash is a Melee based Warframe so, it should be ok, but remaber guys this system is still in BETA. I will put a Lens on my Melee weapon soon anyways. As I sue that alot.

DE will no dout put out a device, that can allow us to remove them for free. 

Edited by LegionCynex

I put mine on my loki. Earn 1.2k per spy run. if you put it on the melee weapon, does that mean it won't earn focus if you didn't kill with the melee weapon?

Affinity is a 50% weapon /50% WF split if you kill with a weapon, and 100%WF if from a WF ability. So does the same apply for focus?

I have it on my ember prime.... I do draco and I get around 6k to 12k for 4 rounds, if you are the only ember. The most kills you get with your ult (4th ability) the more focus you will get.

Now, my question is.. will we be able to get secondary focus? and how?

The lenses work similarly to the syndicate sigils, so you would need the lens for the focus tree you want. Then install it on your kill-frame/weapon of choice and grind out 50k experience to unlock that focus tree.

Note that you can only have one focus tree equipped at the same time, which you can do from the focus window. From there it'll let you swap-in your primary focus.

The lenses work similarly to the syndicate sigils, so you would need the lens for the focus tree you want. Then install it on your kill-frame/weapon of choice and grind out 50k experience to unlock that focus tree.

Note that you can only have one focus tree equipped at the same time, which you can do from the focus window. From there it'll let you swap-in your primary focus.

Thanks for this, makes alot of sease now, but how do you change your swap-in, do you have to change your lens or can that stay the same, as far I kown you LOSE that lens if you replace it from another tree?

Thanks for this, makes alot of sease now, but how do you change your swap-in, do you have to change your lens or can that stay the same, as far I kown you LOSE that lens if you replace it from another tree?

You actually do it through the focus window and not by changing your lens (definitely do not do that).

Esc menu>Operator>Focus

Hover over your secondary focus tree and the button to change it to your primary will appear.

It's actually rather obvious once you have more than one focus tree unlocked.

for the people who want to know how the focus system works:

-2.5% of the affinity you gain on the weapon/warframe with the lens becomes focus points (more with a greater lens)

-affinity will only get converted if the gear is lvl 30

-ONLY affinity from your kills count, no bonus affinity, no affinity from team kills (naramon melee perk and stealth bonus do count)

-if you get a kill with an ability 100% goes to the warframe, if you get a kill with a weapon 50% goes to that weapon and 50% to your warframe

now, looking at this you can see it's actually beneficial to equip a lens on your warframe, because 50% of the affinity of EACH WEAPON kill goes to your warframe, even if the weapon has no lens on it 50% of the kill affinity will get converted. putting it on your weapon will only give 50% of the affinity you get from kills with that weapon.

My advice: put the lenses on your warframes, after that on your weapons.