The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

U18: Stuttering, Big Pauses When Swapping Menus, Hiccups And Performance Issues

NightmareT12

Long story short, as many other users I'm suffering some issues ever since updating this morning. From what I've been able to see:

-When entering menus in the Liset, such as the Arsenal (specially this one), game freezes (but the app still works) for a few seconds before finally changing menus.

-On the Moon tileset, I've noticed some hiccups/minor stutter/fps loss. It seems to happen mostly when the enviroment changes (ie, part of the tileset falls apart)

SPOILERS FOR SECOND DREAM QUEST:

In the Liset, in the Somatic Control room, I suffer stuttering the closer I am to the Operator. It seems the "Void effect" that there's in the background, is causing this.

I believe, and I say believe because I haven't been able to 100% corroborate, that every part of the game has some performance issues. It's not too big, it's barely noticeable, but I feel the game somewhat less... fluid? Than before. Someone in my clan claimed multithreading took a hit, but I can't personally say.

For what it's worth, here are my specs:

-Gigabyte GTX660 2GB GDDR5

-i5-3570k

-8GB RAM

If there is anything that can help further and I can provide please let me know.

If there is anything that can help further and I can provide please let me know.

Hi NightmareT12, is there any chance you could grab a copy of your EE.log immediately after you've experienced this stuttering and submit it with a support ticket so that we can take a look? 

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

http://support.warframe.com for submitting tickets.

Thanks!

Hi NightmareT12, is there any chance you could grab a copy of your EE.log immediately after you've experienced this stuttering and submit it with a support ticket so that we can take a look? 

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

http://support.warframe.com for submitting tickets.

Thanks!

Hi Dimitri, thanks for answering. Would you recommend me to use Alt+F4 when I find one of those or should I simply use the Pause menu? (specially if in a mission).

I'm having similar fps issues. I keep it locked to 30, and generally see about 25-29 fps when playing PRE-U18, but after, it's pretty much half of that. The Arsenal Mod UI also slows greatly. Thing is, I used to have these problems before U17 I think, including the mod screen issue.

Sent an EE.log earlier after the Arsenal thing happened to me. Ticket number is 467127 in case any of you at DE wants to take a look.

As for other stuff, I noticed that the stuttering in the SECOND DREAM SPOILERS AHEAD:

Somatic Link control room void energy didn't happen last time I played. Seems quite random.

It's difficult to reproduce the rest of the performance stuff unfortunetely, but it's definitely there.