Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Is Too Slow

Renegade343

So, I tried the new PVP, and I want to say one thing: 

Movement is too slow for Conclaves. It starts to feel like a bit of Black Ops 3 Multiplayer (and yes, I played a bit, and it was also a bit slow, amongst other nitpicks.), and that is making Conclave PVP less unique as it is. Yes, I know there are mods for increasing mobility, but that does not excuse the fact that the overall speed of Conclave matches is a bit like molasses now, and not all that exciting too. 

So, I suggest that all Warframes get an innate boost in mobility (alongside with hitbox detection fixes, if possible, but whatever is done first should be on the build), so Conclaves can be more fast-paced and exciting. 

I said it before this whole update should be undone for conclave and they should start all over again its that bad. Only good thing was the buff to bows. I can barely find games now lel. Its so broken most of the active conclave players have given up.

Edited by BoyTitan

What boost? What the hell are you talking about?

Hitboxes are still a problem, so combined slowed movement speed overall, automatics also get an indirect boost to effectiveness, as players are now jumping around the compensate, and as the jump speed is slowed, automatics can get more into the hitbox (at least, theoretically). 

I used to play ash prime besides his stats,just because I like It. Now it feels really slow, I Can still deal with that but in my opinion mobility is slighty superior to Ehp, because if you meet someone with an assault rifle is going to melt you down.

The Main features I liked of this pvp was the speed. Now It feels ok But Not great

Definitely. Its way too easy now.

It's not just easy, it's anti-skill. Slow-paced shooters are all about positioning and map control, yet in Warframe you get random spawn points... The first thing that came to mind when I played it yesterday was Counter Strike deathmatch servers which were considered a low-skilled heaven. It was fine if you played a round or two to warm up or learn a new weapon (if you're new), but outside of that, you didn't want to be there. It didn't matter if you were the most skilled player around, all it took was for someone to spawn in your back...

As of update 18, we have arena-style maps, random spawn points, and slow gameplay. I have no idea what the devs were thinking... I'll farm my Lex skin and be done with it.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removed Removed Quote

And autos are more dominating because they can pour more bullets downwind.

Worse thing is, this whole nerf hit the light frames. Banshee with movement mods cant move away from hitscan's fire. Why? Because im slow. Even with mods im slow. And if someone ever turns their aim at me im dead because you know i got 15 armor. Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removed Removed Quote

Ignoring the interruption, I totally agree with Renegade and the others in this thread.

I've been playing a lot of Conclave in my spare time and U18 has really crushed the idea of free, fast mobility for me. Sure, there's parkour still, but on all warframes it is quite slow now.

I'm not sure if the idea behind mobility nerfs was to force players into getting the mobility mods from Teshin?

Real talk: Warframe PVP was in a good spot, pre 18 - AAAAAAAAAND IT'S GONE. IT'S ALL GONE.

I don't like the idea to use 3 mods, which two of them decreased my ehp and my energy, And The other one works only at full energy.

It's mandatory if you want to be fast. I agree, for the sake of balance,maybe some sacrifice have to be done, but this is just too much

factoring in the speed mods i think its just a bit slower than u17, however the tanks without speed mods are probably unviable, and if they are viable, its under a totally different play style which im not aware of

Edited by rockscl

It just depends on how you build and what frame you pick. If you pick a tanky frame and refuse to make sacrifices in terms of shields/health or abilites than it is slow yes but if you pick a fast frame and/or use the mods to your advantage than you can go way beyond the previous speed.

It just depends on how you build and what frame you pick. If you pick a tanky frame and refuse to make sacrifices in terms of shields/health or abilites than it is slow yes but if you pick a fast frame and/or use the mods to your advantage than you can go way beyond the previous speed.

I think I should repeat something: 

Even with the so called "fast" Warframes, it is way slower than in PVE. I really have trouble adapting to it, for one, just because PVE and PVP might as well be different games on different planets, and I do not play PVP for its inherent slowness. I play it for its inherent quickness and testing my skill against other players with respect to parkouring and aiming at high speeds. 

No, mods should not be mandatory to make a Warframe move faster in PVP. It should already be innate, with those mods providing slightly higher mobility while trading a bit health/shields (and vice versa). We already have a plethora of slow-paced shooters to fill up our satisfaction (and then some more); Conclave should not join them as well, for it will make Conclave less unique. 

I think I should repeat something: 

Even with the so called "fast" Warframes, it is way slower than in PVE. I really have trouble adapting to it, for one, just because PVE and PVP might as well be different games on different planets, and I do not play PVP for its inherent slowness. I play it for its inherent quickness and testing my skill against other players with respect to parkouring and aiming at high speeds. 

No, mods should not be mandatory to make a Warframe move faster in PVP. It should already be innate, with those mods providing slightly higher mobility while trading a bit health/shields (and vice versa). We already have a plethora of slow-paced shooters to fill up our satisfaction (and then some more); Conclave should not join them as well, for it will make Conclave less unique. 

Hyperbole isn´t a useful argument - unless you are serious and are saying that you can´t tell the difference between a slow-paced shooter and Warframe because they reduced the average speed by like 0.1 - in which case get your eyes checked.

Pvp is still fast - if your current speed doesn´t suit you mod for more or pick a faster frame or both. PvE most definitly should not be the standard for how Pvp should work - I am just fine with them adjusting the average speed as long as they give reasonable options which let me go fast.

Also just because you prefer something doesn´t mean that it is "mandatory" - the world doesn´t just revolve around you, other people will have different preferences. The entire point of the modding system in pvp should be that you can use it to adjust your loadout if the default doesn´t suit you. I hate how people constantly want to overthrow that aspect because they expect that what they want should be the default and screw evryone else. This is such a pointless exercise - there will always be a group of people who doesn´t like the default who than demands change because they can´t be arsed to use mods. I like it fast as well so guess what? I use the damn mods.