Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Tenno, Animae258, Left Us

Lirrea

My condolences.

I can tell you I know how you feel. I've been playing videogames since...22 years now? I was 8 when I had my very first Gameboy (yes, the FIRST one). Perhaps I started even before with the NES.

However, when online games came up I've met so many players, well let be honest. People.

I had the fortune to meet some of them in real life, organizing some meetings and so. That was when I was still studying at university.

Sadly I've also experienced sad moments. A friend who I met online had a motorbike accident and went to coma. I met him at hospital and took him long time to recover. Today he is a researcher in biochemistry.

Probably the greater loss I had happened when I was playing Diablo 2. My very best IRL friend, we were like brothers, died in a car accident. Today I still preserve his accounts and all his items. I am the only one who knew how much he cared for that.

I'm sorry, I'm making this long but is just my way to tell you that...I feel you and I'm sorry for your loss.

Sadly I also know what means to be depressed and how people generally underestimate this problem.

And remember, "Only those who are forgotten die for real. Untill you keep his memories alive he will never die."

That was what my mother told me when I lost my friend, 10 years ago.

May Animae258 rest in peace. For sure he had some good friends, like you.

As his brothers and sisters wake up from their lucid dreams, he himself drifts off into an eternal slumber.

Rest now, my brother, in peace. We will carry on your work with our heads held high and with your image residing within our hearts.

Goodbye, Tenno.

(PS: If you saw this post on YouTube, don't be alarmed. John and Khoi are the same person.)

Dream long, fellow Tenno.

Lirrea, I am sure that he's glad he met you. Depression is painful, and it makes it so much more difficult for those of us suffering from it to enjoy the happy times in life. Everyone handles it differently, but for the ones like me, beacons of light such as yourself are what keep us going, striving for a happier existence. I am sure that you were that beacon for Animae258, as such true friends are too far, and too few between. We are all here for you.

I'm sorry for your friend and I hope for the best for you, his friends and his family.

Also for some odd reason I feel like de will only pay their respects to founders who have sadly pass away and not other players who are non founders or contest winners but that might be me over reacting.

RIP animae258 you will be missed by your love ones

i normally don't write ... but this has hit me where i live ..... i may not know you friend but i would like to say you and i are similar ... your friend sounded like the best pal anyone could've asked for .... i know what position you where in as i too have helped others in there darkest times .... it hurts when a honourable player with a heart of gold no longer is with us but his memory .. no ... your memory's of him will be with you till the ends of time ... i know your pain and if i could i would give you a hug... i dont know or think i could be any further help but if you need me or anyone here on warframe all you will have to do is ask    i hope you will have a bright future my friend and go on to live happy   ( im sorry i am scared to type in theses but i felt like i had to say something or i dont think i could sleep )

Rest in Peace, Tenno.

Accident or no... Our own minds are the worst enemies we will ever face. Depression lies to us. It tells us things that make IT feel better, but make US feel worse. How long can one battle one's own self?

I know that battle intimately, I have fought it all my life. It is NOT an easy struggle no matter what some may say. Those who say such have almost never faced it inside their own minds.

We will go on. It is all we can do, but we are lessened with the loss of a fellow Tenno.

Anyone else out there who is listening to the depression right now, know this: No matter WHAT the depression may say, you are NOT alone. There are those who understand even if finding them in places like the internet can be awkward or difficult or frustrating. I stand against my depression every day. I stand with my family. I stand with my friends. I stand with complete strangers.

BECAUSE IT LIES!

Here, I can be strong. Here I can be powerful. Here, I can be everything that I am denied in real life, because here...

I AM TENNO

You will be missed, brother animae258. May your next dream be less painful.

Edited by Kalenath