Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Do You Regret Your Focus? +An Idea For Respec

BlazeKitteh

Picked Vazaryn, and seeing how the other trees are, I totally don't regret it. You have Healing, Insta Reviving (see Sorties), Protective Wards for yourself and allies, Reflective Wards for all, extra affinity gain throughout the mission by extending range, and even Stuns if needed.

It seemingly fits my roughly suicide, helpful to the team play style.

Yes you can, but a single wave doesen't even take you to full health (you need around 3-5 waves to heal to max depending on your health) and it has a huge cooldown like every other focus.

You're better off using life strike.

Good luck using Life Strike in a squishy frame like Nova, Banshee, Mirage, Vauban, Ivara, or Volt.

Picked Vazaryn, and seeing how the other trees are, I totally don't regret it. You have Healing, Insta Reviving (see Sorties), Protective Wards for yourself and allies, Reflective Wards for all, extra affinity gain throughout the mission by extending range, and even Stuns if needed.

It seemingly fits my roughly suicide, helpful to the team play style.

Dont make me suffer and regret my choice even more pls ;-; atleast now I have triple beams

Only thing I have an issue with is that I wish I was able to see other Tree's. Naramon doesn't do damage, much of a CC thing, which I love, but I'm just curious what other skill trees look like.

I can get you a pic of Madurai, dunno about the other ones, eventually someone might post them all somewhere (maybe theres already a post on reddit?)

edit: ofc id prefer if they were available to see in the game tho

Edited by BlazeKitteh

I'm not disappointed with Zenuriks Bastille-like skill, but I always thought X-Men Cyclops was awesome.

I'm growing to like Zenurik but if given the chance, I would go with Madurai or Verazin (1st for the visual effects, 2nd for the support).

I am disappointed with Unairu.

I chose it because i mainly play tanky frames but my valkyr does no longer really benefit from armor, since i already run a high armor build and the beam is really disappointing too. And here is why:

I can only hit one enemy, deal seemingly no damage and i need 3 seconds to petrify him. I can kill anything faster than that.

Does not really seem like a "outlast your enemy" type of deal to me.

If i would have known ANYTHING about my ability, especially that it takes 3 seconds to petrify ONE enemy, i would have taken a different path.

The only things usefull seem to be the "medusas touch" and "mighty blows" perks. But i don't know if they apply in hysteria and even if, i only use hysteria to revive teammates, since running around in perma-invincible-mode is really boring.

And on that note: "medusas touch" renders the beam useless. Why would i take the time to use the beam when i can just melee an enemy?

And then there is scorched earth. It deals corrosive damage to the caster, which is the worst enemy of anything with nice armor, unless i get out of the aoe that happens when the flare ends... Kinda hard since i shoot that beam out of my chest.

There is some synergy though, that seems really good- I can pick a perk, that deals damage over time to petrified enemies. Couple that with medusas touch and mighty blows and i MIGHT have something decent. But i don't know, since i can only see vague descriptions of everything.

Plus it takes forever to reach a melee based skillset, since grinding is so absurdly slow on my valkyr lens.

I know it's beta. And i know there will be change. And i really hope the Unairu path will be worth it.

Edited by Megakruemel

-snip-

I know it's beta. And i know there will be change. And i really hope the Unairu path will be worth it.

Yeah, and I hope future changes are good.

Just got the cooldown reduction and guess how many seconds it removed? 

15 seconds

meanwhile chimeras breath increased the charge to almost double the time :| 

Yes I do. I took the laser beam one. In the description, it was all about "speed" and "killing your enemy before they could even....." What do I get?

My freaking frame goes into a coma, a little kid spawns on top of him, and shoots a giant laser all around the place while leaving me immobile. 

Missleading much...?

This, when I read the description I thought it would definitely be some kind of speed boost and maybe a damage boost as well. Speed bonus can be very useful in a lot of the game. Right now the laser beam seems completely useless, it doesn't do anything a weapon or warframe ability doesn't do, maybe if it's maxxed out it'll be useful, but I doubt it...

This, when I read the description I thought it would definitely be some kind of speed boost and maybe a damage boost as well. Speed bonus can be very useful in a lot of the game. Right now the laser beam seems completely useless, it doesn't do anything a weapon or warframe ability doesn't do, maybe if it's maxxed out it'll be useful, but I doubt it...

Im gonna try leveling the first ability to see how it goes but I dont even know if chimeras breath splits the damage into the 3 beams, if it doesnt then thats a great upgrade. If it does then it should probably say it on the ability, before you spend affinity on it :\

As for speed, that could be one of the upgrades, that would atleast make the tree a bit more accurate to its description.

Just chiming in again on the Vazarin power. It's actually super useful as it can also heal specters (i was wrong before) and frigging faction allies such as rescue targets and the allied forces in invasions.

As of now i'm saving up focus to do the first rank up. The perks though look intresting, only it's gonna take me a long time to get them.

Just chiming in again on the Vazarin power. It's actually super useful as it can also heal specters (i was wrong before) and frigging faction allies such as rescue targets and the allied forces in invasions.

As of now i'm saving up focus to do the first rank up. The perks though look intresting, only it's gonna take me a long time to get them.

Vazarin seems like a good Focus, healing is always appreciated.

Same question here.

Does it split the damage or does it add 2 additional beams?

I really have no clue, im doing different missions so i cant get a good look at the damage. DE would probably split the damage, but the skill isnt even that good, it should add it. Ill try running with chimera and without and try to look, double charge time makes this a pain tho

I don't really regret it. As much as I'd love having the Laser (Madurai) because I'd love to bring the "IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZ0R" joke at least once, having an Oh S#&amp;&#036;! Button in form of a really, really strong CC (Zenurik) is a godsend - Especially since my most loved Frame is now Ivara, who can already deal nice damage with her Ult-Arrows (Oneshotting Infested lvl 100's <3) but, aside from her sleep arrow (which has a really bad range cause I'm using Narrow minded currently...I pray for a legendary core drop from a sortie so i can max that pesky Primed Continuity) , which is nice but somehwat limited, has no CC to speak of, and invisibility doesn't help a lot in Def/Mob Def.

I don't really regret it. As much as I'd love having the Laser (Madurai) because I'd love to bring the "IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZ0R" joke at least once, having an Oh S#&$! Button in form of a really, really strong CC (Zenurik) is a godsend - Especially since my most loved Frame is now Ivara, who can already deal nice damage with her Ult-Arrows (Oneshotting Infested lvl 100's <3) but, aside from her sleep arrow (which has a really bad range cause I'm using Narrow minded currently...I pray for a legendary core drop from a sortie so i can max that pesky Primed Continuity) , which is nice but somehwat limited, has no CC to speak of, and invisibility doesn't help a lot in Def/Mob Def.

Honestly Madurai doesnt really feel that useful compared to all the other ones, so youre probably better off with Zenurik. 

and im still farming Ivara :c

To answer you: The focus node that splits the beam in 3 DOES split the damage in 3.

I bought it, and I simply wont use it. Not only the beam gets weaker (divided into 3) but also the beam goes from 180s to 220s cd!

Yeah it seems so, thats a waste of affinity, that power really needs a better description of what it changes, well, every power needs better descriptions.

I prefer the single beam anyway

To answer you: The focus node that splits the beam in 3 DOES split the damage in 3.

I bought it, and I simply wont use it. Not only the beam gets weaker (divided into 3) but also the beam goes from 180s to 220s cd!

I tested in the simulacrum last night, it divides the damage by WAY more than 3. went from 226 damage body shots vs lv60 heavy gunners to 34 damage per beam with chimera breath. 

Yes I do. I took the laser beam one. In the description, it was all about "speed" and "killing your enemy before they could even....." What do I get?

My freaking frame goes into a coma, a little kid spawns on top of him, and shoots a giant laser all around the place while leaving me immobile. 

Missleading much...?

As someone responded to me in another thread: "Pick the school about speed: get Iron Man Chest Beam instead of Quicksilver powers."

Edited by Gelkor

I tested in the simulacrum last night, it divides the damage by WAY more than 3. went from 226 damage body shots vs lv60 heavy gunners to 34 damage per beam with chimera breath. 

Well the descriptions are better now, they did some stuff to the focus tree and apparently chimeras breath splits the beams into 15% damage each so thats why it was crap damage. Disapointing but atleast i can get the dragon fire upgrade, looking forward to seeing how that goes.

I still dislike that the passives increase the charge time so much tho.

Yes and No.

I picked varazin based on the promise of "moving with the enemy and countering them".

To me it sounded like a damage negating / shielding type of power or turning enemies against themselves.

Yet its literally just healing.

Healing.

Healing in warframe is nigh useless.

the only real good thing about this tree (once you max it in 1-3 years based on the crap affinity gains) is the insta revives.

Tho that is still only useful in sorties or raids , nothing else.

I read all the other trees on the wiki and by far the one i would actually want would be Zenurik or madurai. 

Both useful in all situations.

Edited by TisEric