Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Hotfix] War Needs Broken War To Craft?!

throwaawy

oSaaq7a.jpg

so the hotfix made it so War didn't error out when crafting.

Yay.

but now it requires Broken War as a prereq in addition to various mats... but...

What?!

1) Broken War comes with a potato built in (presumably crafted war does not)

2) it's a quest reward and cannot be recovered.... ever.

3) it's a pretty darn good sword in itself, especially with Crimson Dervish stance

so now the only way to get and keep both weapons is to buy the armour pack. that seems cold.

DE whyyyy?!

Edited by throwaawy

Yay.

but now it requires Broken War as a prereq in addition to various mats... but...

What?!

3) it's a pretty darn good sword in itself, especially with Crimson Dervish stance

so now the only way to get and keep both weapons is to buy the armour pack. that seems cold.

DE whyyyy?!

Well' now I can justify buying that pack. Thanks for the info. Also, hopefully they will just add Broken War to his drop table. That seems like the easiest fix even if it is a bit RNGey

Wow, that's really dumb. And it's a pathetic way to try to force players to buy the pack. It really is a decision like that that makes me lose trust in DE as being anything more that a greedy company. Prove me wrong, DE.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Gah. So many rare drops on one foe.

Why not make it one of the sentient units?

This could work too. I'd even go so far as to suggest putting the completed War BP in one of the research labs (although we don't have a Sentient weapon research lab, so I guess that wouldn't make too much sense atm).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

So we get to choose between:

A) Destroy the best longsword in the game (which we can never obtain again) to make the Greatsword.

B) Keep the best longsword in the game and just buy the Greatsword for the low, low price of 600 plat!

This is ridiculous, and if it wasn't an oversight, then it's uncharacteristically low coming from DE.

Yay.

What?!

DE whyyyy?!

Oh. Right.

Uh. I forgot about this in the heat of the moment. But as one who has yet to acquire the War BP could you provide some pictures for more concrete evidence?

Edited by Solandis

So we get to choose between:

A) Destroy the best longsword in the game (which we can never obtain again) to make the Greatsword.

B) Keep the best longsword in the game and just buy the Greatsword for the low, low price of 600 plat!

This is ridiculous, and if it wasn't an oversight, then it's uncharacteristically low coming from DE.

Agreed. I'm not sure what they were thinking here.

Technically, broken war is part of War from the beginning... so it kinda makes sense logically to require broken war when crafting war.

However, you can always purchase it from the market, and maybe DE might change it so that broken war may be attainable from stalker as well.

I think it's a good idea.

Sometimes, have to choose between a weapon or another can be better than just use all weapon to greed a little of Mastery rank.

Stop crying, at worst you just lose 3000 points. You will survive, for sure.

Edited by Darkduprey

Sometimes, have to choose between a weapon or another can be better than just use all weapon to greed a little of Mastery rank.

Not everyone wants weapons for pure mastery, some people want the weapons for the aesthetic, or because it's simply a good weapon. But sacrificing an already good weapon which cannot be recovered in any way, for a weapon with a bp that drops from an enemy and can drop multiple times if you're lucky is not okay. While I believe DE does deserve money, especially with all the work they have been putting out. This is a bit of a stretch, all i can hope is that they release a broken war bp drop from sentients as well.

It's not even about MR for some players. I could obtain it through normal play, sure, but I'd be giving up something big that I can't get back in the process. In doing do, I risk not liking the 'real' War as much as I did the broken one, but have no way to revert it or obtain Broken War again.

It's too big a risk, really, and the fact you can -buy- War in the pack doesn't make it much better. It feels like more of a moneygrab than anything the way it's presented to us right now. Even if it's not, it's something DE will have to likely address, as this is something that's causing quite a few people to lose their trust in the company.

tbh after getting it out the inbox and not knowing what it was I always thought that was going to be the case. 

This

I'm okay with Broken War being needed to craft War. My only problem is why they decided to make Broken War based on slash, arguably the best out of the 3 standard base damage types, and then have War based on impact, arguably the worst out of all the three standard base damage types.