Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Strategy For Killing Sentients?

TARINunit9

Question

15 answers to this question

They gain Resistance to everything after a certain amout of shots. So take a Weapon that deals alot of dmg per shot (Critbow for example, or Pistols)

Pretty much this. My Lex Prime makes short work of them. Tonkor works well too.

Pretty sure its a resistence to the damage types of the weapon, as switching for me didn't yield much better results (Marelok to Hek with same elementals). The first time I encountered them, only my melee weapon had a different damage type and seemed to make quick work of the last of their health. 

However, I managed to down several before by doing way more damage before the resistance triggered. 

First of first - AMBUSH THEM.

As mentioned above - Critbows, Pistols, hard-punching shotguns, semi-auto rifles. Every weapon must be modded with a variety of elemental modifiers (e.g. blast-corrosive primary + radiation-viral secondary + magnetic+gas melee etc.).

Consider to have a Warframe with debuffing or incapacitating powers (e.g. blind).

For example Banshee's Sonar makes your life ALOT easier.

They literally go down in just a few seconds. I like using my Mag P's Bullet Attractor.

Apply Bullet Attractor and dump half a mag of Braton P, switch to Lex P and give two or three shots. Its dead.

I'm running Rad + Viral on the Braton P and Corrosive + Cold on the Lex P.

They gain Resistance to everything after a certain amout of shots.

Hm...

Would it be possible to have a powerful gun built for one element and a rapid-firing Sentinel weapon (e.g. Deth Machine Rifle) built for another? So you can keep on happily shooting the Sentient for huge damage because your sentinel continually makes its resistances reset?

Or does it respond to player weapons only? Or behave in a completely different manner that I'm not taking into account?

Oh! One quick word of warning... DO NOT USE MAG's NUMBER FOUR SKILL!

It completely break's their AI and they bloody well switch over to a speed teleporting away sorta thing that is an absolute pain to try hunting down. And will progression break the Crossfire and Mobile Defense moon missions.

Hm...

Would it be possible to have a powerful gun built for one element and a rapid-firing Sentinel weapon (e.g. Deth Machine Rifle) built for another? So you can keep on happily shooting the Sentient for huge damage because your sentinel continually makes its resistances reset?

Or does it respond to player weapons only? Or behave in a completely different manner that I'm not taking into account?

I'm 99% certain that their resistences just pile up, as opposed to switching

I'm 99% certain that their resistences just pile up, as opposed to switching

Ouch. That sounds horrible.

I hope DE changes the resistance-stacking to be based on something other than "number of hits" (assuming this is currently the case). This is just the whole Snipers vs. Nullifiers fiasco all over again, only in reverse.