Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler?] Stalker Weapon

KingTaro

To craft War (Stalker weapon) we need Broken-War (quest weapon).

The problem is that you loose Broken-War. As far as I know, you can't get a 2nd copy. (see edit)

Broken-War seems to be the most powerful single sword at the moment, so it's not an easy choice.

This kind of forces those who want to keep both weapons to buy the Hunhow's gift bundle (595p).

Are there any plans to make the Broken-War re-obtainable? (see edit)

Or perhaps offer a slightly less packed bundle with the War? (War + Pakal set)

EDIT:

For a moment, I was happy to see Steve's twitter post, saying that we'd be able to obtain Broken-War once again.

As of the latest hotfix (18.0.5) Broken-War BP became obtainable from the Stalker as well. But you need War to craft Broken-War.

In shot, you still need to pay platinum if you want to keep both weapons.

This is unlike DE, so it looks like an oversight to me.

Broken-War crafting requirements: 

YQ6wN25.png

War crafting requirements: 
kOiRNOh.png

PS: I'll keep this thread up to date if things change.
Edited by KingTaro

Broken-War, the best single handed weapon in game, beating the Dragon Nikana is raw damage

or

War, the melee with the highest base damage, out classing the Jat Kittag and Scindo Prime

The choices are real.

They'll fix this this week, give it time and don't craft War.

actually they changed it. When it first was out you didn't need a broken war to build a war. But with one of the hotfixes they added this. So im not really sure this will change again

actually they changed it. When it first was out you didn't need a broken war to build a war. But with one of the hotfixes they added this. So im not really sure this will change again

Indeed. I was really disappointed when I saw this.

This will be the first that that we'll have to pay platinum to keep a weapon. I really hope this changes.

kmwqbjn.png

You need Broken-War to craft War and you need War to craft Broken-War.

So, you still need to pay platinum if you want to keep both weapons.

Either way, this is unlike DE, so I feel like this might have been an oversight.

Stalker now drops both Broken War and War BPs, you can have both weapons as long as you're willing to farm the Stalker for the BPs.

Stalker now drops both Broken War and War BPs, you can have both weapons as long as you're willing to farm the Stalker for the BPs.

Need to break yur existing War or Broken War to make the other one cos the BP requires it as a material.

As someone has linked,  Broken-War may drop in the future so hold onto yur BPs and don't make any decisions yu regret.

But wait, if you need broken war to craft war, and war to craft broken war how can I craft anyone of that? After quest, yes you can craft war with broken war you got it, but it will make you lose already potatoed weapon (came with slot and potato from quest)

Need to break yur existing War or Broken War to make the other one cos the BP requires it as a material.

As someone has linked,  Broken-War may drop in the future so hold onto yur BPs and don't make any decisions yu regret.

Oh whoops--yep, brain gon' goofed. Confused the whole and overlooked the prequisite of needing the already made weapon.

Apparently Stalker NOW has the chance to drop BOTH BPs. War AND Broken War. Or so it says in the Shadow Stalker Codex entry.

So... grind time.

Or pay platinum for the pack.

Stalker only drops the BP, not the weapon itself. Those two weapons require each other as materials for each other, so long story short were still back where we started where we can only have one or the other unless we pay. Or pray for sorties.

Apparently Stalker NOW has the chance to drop BOTH BPs. War AND Broken War. Or so it says in the Shadow Stalker Codex entry.

So... grind time.

Or pay platinum for the pack.

That's not the issue we're discussing now (see the edit in the OP).

That's not the issue we're discussing now (see the edit in the OP).

Okay, so he drops War BP, you make it and use it to make Broken War.

He drops Broken War BP, you make it and use it to make War.

You WILL need to get at least 4 weapon blueprints total to have both War and Broken War. (2 of each. Or is that 3?)

Have I missed anything?

The grind will be insane, but you CAN get both weapons as far as I can see.

Or am I completely off base? (It's early for me.) Not arguing. Confused.

Edited by Kalenath

Okay, so he drops War BP, you make it and use it to make Broken War.

He drops Broken War BP, you make it and use it to make War.

You WILL need to get at least 4 weapon blueprints total to have both War and Broken War. (2 of each. Or is that 3?)

Have I missed anything?

The grind will be insane, but you CAN get both weapons as far as I can see.

Or am I completely off base? (It's early for me.) Not arguing. Confused.

If you get War BP from Stalker, you will not be able to craft it until you get full Broken-War from the quest.

If you get Broken-War BP, you will not be able to craft it until you have crafted War.

First, you acquire 1 Broken-War from the quest. Result: 1 Broken-War, 0 War.

You get War BP from Stalker and craft War by sacrificing your current Broken-War. Result: 0 Broken War, 1 War.

Now you get Broken-War BP from stalker and craft it. Result: 1 Broken War, 0 War.

etc...

So, you can not keep both weapons because you need to sacrifice one for the other.

All you can do is dispose of one to get the other. You can do this indefinitely, but the way things are now, you'll never have both weapons in your inventory at the same time if you do not pay platinum.