Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoiler) Poll: Do You Like The New Storyline.

(PSN)Doctor-Blitz-

YES.

Hell yes.

It's basically an Avatar (the movie) type of situation, and that makes perfect sense of (nearly) everything and ties up (nearly) all the lore with a neat ribbon.

There are still some ambiguities: just how much native sentience does a Warframe have?  The Navi avatars have none (their brain machinery has zero mind in it until piloted), but maybe the Waframe avatars have a bit.  Hence the Warframe that breaks War isn't being remotely controlled by the Tenno being strangled, but breaks War of its own accord, out of its own rudimentary sense of consciousness - probably an "echo" of the Tenno's consciousness - and maybe even out of a sense of loyalty.  So it's a bit ambiguous whether the situation with the Warframe is purely like Avatar (the Waframe has mental machinery but no mind or sense of consciousness of its own AT ALL), or perhaps a bit more like a rider and a horse (i.e. one is piloting something that has some rudimentary vitality and consciousness of its own, so the relationship is partly directly controlling, partly cajoling).

The Stalker is another ambiguity that's not quite clear - was he a mature Orokin guard who saw the slaughter and wanted revenge, and somehow got a hold of Warframe tech, or was he a Tenno, like us, who discovered the truth and went mad and is still dreaming in a pod somewhere?  Or is he a suit that holds the disconnected mind of a mad Tenno (i.e. the Tenno is dead in his pod, but some echo of the Tenno's mind is still driving the frame)? 

But these are minor points - basically the lore is now coherent and a great story, and even quite a moving story (poor kids, horrible accident, used as child soldiers, but developed their own warrior culture and matured mentally while they thought they were their Warframes).

I loved the quest. I am actually glad we didn't turn out to be something exteremly cliche or edgy.

It opens so many interesting paths for the story in the future and in the longer run I think it makes the whole warframe-verse a little bit more darker if it was just another Master Chielf piloting the warframes.