Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Taking His Helmet Off? (Serious)

RoseMultiverse

Alright, so my little brother and I have both accidentally stumbled upon clips of Excalibur taking his helmet off, sort of like the animation that happens during the end of a mission. We always forget to remember what video it is. I'm not trying to sound silly here, we both saw this guy with short black hair and he was Caucasian. This legitimately looked like an old in-game cinematic. Does anyone else know of this? If so, what are the origins of that clip? (I really hope it's not some really well made, fake animation)

What you describe is not Warframe; it seems he found Dark Sector, which was another game designed by DE but it was published by a different company. Dark Sector has many themes and designs that are similar to Warframe, as the original concept was for it to be Warframe, until the publishing company demanded that they wanted a more 'modern' shooter.

The protagonist, Hayden Tenno, eventually wears a Warframe-like suit, which is the same design as Proto-Excalibur.

That's from the game darksector, an old game DE made.

Is this what you mean?

Hey I shared this yesterday on a topic about the new burston model. Was using it to help explain why the current model is getting a boot. But this is neat seeing it the next day.

• 3 weeks later...

Warframe is what Dark sector should have been.

Fortunately and unfortunately, Warframe itself was forced to gestate a little.  Now with high speed internet being the norm unlike where in 2004 developers had to reasonably count on dial-up being the norm (for perspective, fiber optic is to cable now what cable was to 56k.)  Unfortunately/fortunately, depending on One's own opinion, Warframe released in the age of free to play, hyper grinding, time walls, and nickle-and-dime cash shop games.  I mean, among F2P's, Warframe is definitely one of the greatest gems, but it still has it's own collection of design blunders, bad decisions for crappy reasons, and very obvious trends towards encouraging players to buy platinum over playing the game.

I personally think Warframe is better off having been initially put on the back burner, all things considered.  It would have been ahead of its time in 2004.

Edited by Littleman88