Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mr4 For Sortie? You Can Literally Reach That In A Week!

Twilight053

Hey, so I had a friend that started quite recently, and his first impression was that it's pretty easy to get MRs, he easily achieved MR4 in days and now he is an MR8 in just two weeks--But currently he only has Rank 6 Serration and not even the mandatory corrupted mods.

Are we sure that MR4 is an appropriate number? :o

Edited by Twilight053

Hey, so I had a friend that started quite recently, and his first impression was that it's pretty easy to get MRs, he easily achieved MR4 in days and now he is an MR8 in just two weeks--But currently he only has Rank 6 Serration and not even the mandatory corrupted mods.

Are we sure that MR4 is appropriate? :o

Depends on the player. If player spends time on wiki doing research, then yes, he can be useful in sorties. But most of them don't like to read i guess.

When i was MR4, i had nice stuff going and getting more and more.

*Edit*

Apperantly someone is too lazy to do Mastery rank test. I aint blaming you.

Edited by Data-Zero

Depends on the player. If player spends time on wiki doing research, then yes, he can be useful in sorties. But most of them don't like to read i guess.

When i was MR4, i had nice stuff going and getting more and more.

*Edit*

Apperantly someone is too lazy to do Mastery rank test. I aint blaming you.

You'd only need 40k Mastery Points to achieve MR4, that's somewhere equal to leveling 2 Warframes out of 30s and 9 weapons out of 250s. Worst case scenario, they've played for at most a week to achieve that.

I know that Mastery Ranks are mostly a crap and unreliable way of measuring, but I'm sure that it doesn't take a genius for everyone to realize how jarring the minimum is.

Edited by Twilight053

I'm MR12. I have few Corrupted mods, use none of them, and haven't maxed my Serration, Hornet Strike (the lowest, at 6/10), Vitality, Redirection or Steel Fiber. It's not difficult for me to take out large groups of high-level enemies, regardless, and it looks like that's the primary difficulty of Sorties, coupled with the specific Conditions.

I may be wrong, given that I haven't gone into them just yet, but...if somebody's MR4 and knows what they're doing, I see nothing wrong with attempting a sortie, no matter their mod-collection's status - although, yes, it'll be difficult to do them with substantially subpar gear.

I like to help on pugs, usually means carrying a few people through and giving them sound advice. 

I had to laught on yesterdays sortie against the Corpus, as one player was asking if I could swap from my maxed out Mag to Vauban.

Eeh, the only thing I refuse to do co-op with is Spy/Rescue missions.  Why?  Because more people means more chances to mess it up and I already do that enough :P

If it's a defense, exterminate, sab, ect.  I don't mind because you either get good team-mates or good meat-shields. 

u7jE5qY.png

If this isn’t photo shopped and you’re not a colossal troll, you should be absolutely ashamed of that. It may be a joke, but its poor one for a founder. I have been playing for  over 2 years and the mastery rank tests where as much a rite of passage and part of this rich game as anything else in it. Poor show for not embracing all aspects.

If this isn’t photo shopped and you’re not a colossal troll, you should be absolutely ashamed of that. It may be a joke, but its poor one for a founder. I have been playing for  over 2 years and the mastery rank tests where as much a rite of passage and part of this rich game as anything else in it. Poor show for not embracing all aspects.

Lol, for the LONGEST time MR didn't even have a effect outside of one or two things,  I think it's a accomplishment being at such a low MR after having an account for so long lol.  I think he cannot even get into the Pluto Relay, he cannot even go and use a syndicate primary either.   Nothing to be ashamed of, it's his choice.

just because someone is MR4 doesn't mean they definitely can, or definitely can't do a Sortie. this is one of the problems associated with MR; it's not an accurate way of assessing player skill. anyone can reach high mastery by farming materials and Credits, buying blueprints, and then levelling those weapons on Draco.

generally, one can safely assume an MR18 is a better fighter than an MR4, but I've met some god awful "Veterans" and some pretty badass newbies in my time. that moment when the person you expect to carry kicks more butt than the high MR... *slow clap*.

honestly, if your friend knows what he's getting into, and has the gear to back it up, it's left up to him to not die. plus getting killed repeatedly is a good way for new players to learn.

its my identity

the whole "id rather be a one in a million MR3 than a mass-produced MR20+" thing

Lol, for the LONGEST time MR didn't even have a effect outside of one or two things,  I think it's a accomplishment being at such a low MR after having an account for so long lol.  I think he cannot even get into the Pluto Relay, he cannot even go and use a syndicate primary either.   Nothing to be ashamed of, it's his choice.

i can get into all relays with founder power :D
Edited by Zabiken

its my identity

the whole "id rather be a one in a million MR3 than a mass-produced MR20+"

I stand by my mass produced mr 20 plus it who i am. I want the most out of this experience. If you chose to put up artifical walls to be 'special' good luck to you mate. Its still nothing to be proud of.

I stand by my mass produced mr 20 plus it who i am. I want the most out of this experience. If you chose to put up artifical walls to be 'special' good luck to you mate. Its still nothing to be proud of.

not pride, attachment

Edited by Zabiken

its my identity

the whole "id rather be a one in a million MR3 than a mass-produced MR20+" thing

Yeah was about to ask how you got all of baro's stuff and what not. Are weapons not off limits too then? Like if you wanted to right now could you go craft a dragon nikana?

Yeah was about to ask how you got all of baro's stuff and what not. Are weapons not off limits too then? Like if you wanted to right now could you go craft a dragon nikana?

relay is handled with founder power

most high MR gear i can't get access to

certain exceptions ( ex: bo prime(MR5), opticor(MR6...iirc)) i handle by buying prime access or the weapon package

for example, i bought an opticor with plat and got a limbo with it, along with a few other stuff

i only have limits to obtaining weapons, not using them

so i cant use nikana or dragon nikana, but ill be able to use nikana prime once it hits prime access

i cant ever use quanta, but i got the quanta vandal from the event so...

tada?

Edited by Zabiken

relay is handled with founder power

most high MR gear i can't get access to

certain exceptions ( ex: bo prime(MR5), opticor(MR6...iirc)) i handle by buying prime access or the weapon package

for example, i bought an opticor with plat and got a limbo with it, along with a few other stuff

i only have limits to obtaining weapons, not using them

so i cant use nikana or dragon nikana, but ill be able to use nikana prime once it hits prime access

i cant ever use quanta, but i got the quanta vandal from the event so...

tada?

Ah ok. Its a shame there isnt a way to downgrade your MR once you have every higher ranked weapon you want. You could just grab the stuff and then go back to 3 again after you where done.

Ah ok. Its a shame there isnt a way to downgrade your MR once you have every higher ranked weapon you want. You could just grab the stuff and then go back to 3 again after you where done.

why would you?............ never mind. I've stubbled into something obviously. (Backs away quietly hoping to not attract the attention of the crazy people)