Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Rant] Prime Vault Is Absurd

Zareek

Greetings

So let me get this straight.... To get the long anticipated Misa Prime... we HAVE to buy things that the majority of veteran players already have? For FULL amount? Well thank god I looked forward for the return of the misa prime. It's great to see the sheer amount of freedom we have in regards to making appropriate purchases.

Honestly, this makes me pretty damn bitter. I've waited for this syandana for such a long time, then, it's reintroduced for a larger amount of money than prime accessories, but it's packed with things I already have. Things that used to be so common it was damn near impossible to sell it to other players.

This is beyond a let down. I'm lost for words. What a disappointment. 

Edit: If the rant aspect of the thread offends you, Im sorry. It's not the intention. 

Edited by Zareek

Does this even promote any kind of discussion though?

It's called feedback. When DE does this kind of business practice, I will voice my opinion

So don't buy it, it's only one cosmetics and likely will show up again eventually. Devs have acknowledged thinking of making more than one pack for returning vaulted items, but they can't change this one due to some reason. (I think it has to do with the pre order option they gave out)

"Don't buy it"? We all have different values, and Ive wanted to purchase that syandana for a long time. So I have every right to be frustrated about this kind of BS.

Originally it could only be obtained by spending $140. Now it's available for less than half of that and people are still upset. Plus, this information has been available for several weeks. It's not like it was a surprise.

They should have introduced accessory packs in the beginning. locking everything behind a massive paywall is absurd. ANd I dont care if this was explained a long time ago, it does not change my opinion. It should have been reintroduced in another damn prime accessories, to the same damn price.

Edited by Zareek

Originally it could only be obtained by spending $140. Now it's available for less than half of that and people are still upset. Plus, this information has been available for several weeks. It's not like it was a surprise.

The strife is veteran players who have all of the items except for the syandana and extractor do not want to spend that money to purchase things they already have. It is a waste, basically paying 60$ for a cosmetic and extractor.

I've been waiting for it for so long but I just cannot bring myself to pay that much for a cosmetic. I hope it comes back another time in a more reasonable pack. 

Edited by FaintestAura

It's called feedback. When DE does this kind of disgusting business practice, I will voice my opinion

"Don't buy it"? We all have different values, and Ive wanted to purchase that syandana for a long time. So I have every right to be frustrated about this kind of BS.

They should have introduced accessory packs in the beginning. locking everything behind a massive paywall is absurd. ANd I dont care if this was explained a long time ago, it does not change my opinion. It should have been reintroduced in another damn prime accessories, to the same damn price.

Feedback? Where's your solution then? I honestly just see a huge complaint that doesn't even give any alternative.

And I think people above have pointed all out.

feedback tends to help improve things usually through suggestions. All I really see here is a rant.

Oh it is absolutely a rant. And they can use it as they please, or disregard it as they usually do.

Feedback? Where's your solution then? I honestly just see a huge complaint that doesn't even give any alternative.

And I think people above have pointed all out.

You don't need to include a solution in feedback. But if you really want some:

SELL THE MISA PRIME IN A PRIME ACCESSORY PACK FOR THE SAME PRICE.

The strife is veteran players who have all of the items except for the syandana and extractor do not want to spend that money to purchase things they already have. It is a waste, basically paying 60$ for a cosmetic and extractor.

I've been waiting for it for so long but I just cannot bring myself to pay that much for a cosmetic. I hope it comes back another time in a more reasonable pack. 

Exactly. This business practice slaps the  veterans in the face.

Edited by Zareek

Honestly, I know you've already commented about it but considering it was originally in the most expensive tier, it makes easier for those who originally bought it.

It would've been nice if DE did treat it in a different way but I guess this is all they'll do at this moment in time.

But yes the PA accessory pack should have been available from the start. But it wasn't.

Edited by Naith

sorry.....have to agree with OP

its kind of ridiculous because ALL (if not most) of the true veterans of this game already got this stuff 2 years ago.....and misa prime was stuck to something no one wanted

i get nothing of value from buying this pack other than misa prime....its a bit disappointing

It's called feedback. When DE does this kind of disgusting business practice, I will voice my opinion

To say it is "disgusting business practice" is kind of wrong, especially within the gaming industry.

However, I do agree DE needs to look at their pricing (if not for this, then for future packages) so that us vets can get just the cosmetics, even if it is £30 (£10 less), with added plat because getting 1/2 the items you already have again can and probably is off putting.

Honestly, I know you've already commented about it but considering it was originally in the most expensive tier, it makes easier for those who originally bought it.

It would've been nice if DE did treat it in a different way but I guess this is all they'll do at this moment in time.

But yes the PA accessory pack should have been available from the start. But it wasn't.

I think what bothers me the most, is that they KNEW people were waiting for it. Then they slap it in between some of the most common items in the game, and a huge paywall. Some people may have enough money to buy it and disregard the other items, but many of us dont. If there had been other new stuff among it, or it had been introduced in a prime accessory, I would have bought it. But this is just wrong in my opinion.

To say it is "disgusting business practice" is kind of wrong, especially within the gaming industry.

However, I do agree DE needs to look at their pricing (if not for this, then for future packages) so that us vets can get just the cosmetics, even if it is £30 (£10 less), with added plat because getting 1/2 the items you already have again can and probably is off putting.

Saying that was probably a stretch, and Ill probably get a warning point for it. But honestly at this point, I don't care.

Edited by Zareek

Oh it is absolutely a rant. And they can use it as they please, or disregard it as they usually do.

You don't need to include a solution in feedback. But if you really want some:

SELL THE MISA PRIME IN A PRIME ACCESSORY PACK FOR THE SAME PRICE.

You'll be disregarded for sure, you lose your credibility when you rant, when was the last time you went along with someone who says everything you do is wrong? Keep your cool, think it through and actually put some effort into thinking up a reasonable solution Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

I think what bothers me the most, is that they KNEW people were waiting for it. Then they slap it in between some of the most common items in the game, and a huge paywall. Some people may have enough money to buy it and disregard the other items, but many of us dont. If there had been other new stuff among it, or it had been introduced in a prime accessory, I would have bought it. But this is just wrong in my opinion.

Saying that was probably a stretch, and Ill probably get a warning point for it. But honestly at this point, I don't care.

^it WAS the most common back then

we have ppl paying 400-600 plat for a frost prime set....i think it is rather smart of DE to slap it on because now they get the money directly

but it is a fail to add misa prime because I wouldve paid 300-500 plat by itself or just pay $10-20 for misa prime

but hey whatever

*looks at his profile sees his account is 2 years and 11 months old* How is it slap in the face? Not giving you everything for free is a slap in the face?

^ no one is asking anything for free

I think we prefer to pay for misa prime straight up than get it from a loaded up pack that we dont need

also it was a very anticipated piece of cosmetic and their most popular for the last two years....it would have been wise to just sell it for pure plat or a flat money rate

they would get the sales from veterans as well as the pack sales from the newer players

it definitely is a slap in the face my friend.....sorry that you do not agree from out point of view, but it definitely feels like it for older players

So you'd be fine paying $50 for a prime accessory pack, which is what they historically cost, but $60 with the addition of extra platinum, that's just too much?

^ no one is asking anything for free

I think we prefer to pay for misa prime straight up than get it from a loaded up pack that we dont need

also it was a very anticipated piece of cosmetic and their most popular for the last two years....it would have been wise to just sell it for pure plat or a flat money rate

they would get the sales from veterans as well as the pack sales from the newer players

it definitely is a slap in the face my friend.....sorry that you do not agree from out point of view, but it definitely feels like it for older players

You know what is "slap in the face"? Getting 2 useless boosters. 1050 plat is far better and worth that 10$ extra

You'll be disregarded for sure, you lose your credibility when you rant, when was the last time you went along with someone who says everything you do is wrong? Keep your cool, think it through and actually put some effort into thinking up a reasonable solution

So you disregard people that are frustrated? My rant explains a few things by itself. That I don't think it's right, and that we dont have much freedom. If they disregard that because Im saying it ranty, then so be it. I personally wouldnt disregard someone who tries to say something even if he is frustrated in the process. But whatever floats your boat.

*looks at his profile sees his account is 2 years and 11 months old* How is it slap in the face? Not giving you everything for free is a slap in the face?

This statement makes absolutely no sense. I never said I wanted it for free, Im saying I think its absurd to pay such a large amount of money for 1 thing, and then toss the other 90% of the pack away because you already own it. It should be introduced like other prime accessories.

I've spent a generous amount of money on Warframe, so don't dare trying to make me sound greedy. I would buy the misa in a heart beat if it wasnt surrounded by things I already have.

So you'd be fine paying $50 for a prime accessory pack, which is what they historically cost, but $60 with the addition of extra platinum, that's just too much?

Prime Accessories does not come with a bunch of cr*p that I already have. It comes with useful things, things I can use to progress. It's alsoa matter of saying "enough is enough". They can keep raising the prices a little bit all the time, but it's shady and greedy. 

Im not blind to the fact DE needs an income. But they already made it difficult to obtain certain nice cosmetics by not making it possible to purchase them alone. And they know that a lot of players wish they could. Now they are building on top of that?

Edited by Zareek

This statement makes absolutely no sense. I never said I wanted it for free, Im saying I think its absurd to pay such a large amount of money for 1 thing, and then toss the other 90% of the pack away because you already own it. It should be introduced like other prime accessories.

I've spent a generous amount of money on Warframe, so don't dare trying to make me sound greedy. I would buy the misa in a heart beat if it wasnt surrounded by things I already have.

50$ for two cosmetics and 2 useless boosters that will waste if you are high MR player is reasonable price. 60$ for 3 slots, 1050 plat, one cosmetic and one usable item is a slap in the face and money grab. *slowly claps*

Edited by markus230

50$ for two cosmetics and 2 useless boosters that will waste if you are high MR player is reasonable price. 60$ for 3 slots, 1050 plat, one cosmetic and one usable item is a slap in the face and money grab. *slowly claps*

^ I think thats the main problem for me.....

it is only 1 cosmetic...also you cant factor in the slots because they dont cost anything at all

yes the 1050 makes sense.....but I can receive 1000 plat with a 75% off discount if i were patient and get it for $10

so I am paying $60 for potentially $15 worth of plat and an accessory (if you really want to add in the 3 slots....its about $5).....sorry but if you dont already have all your extractors as a veteran then i dont know what to say.....it is not usable because extra extractors dont do anything for us

Edited by sekushiiandee