The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buy/spend Plat

BabyBomi

Question

Hey guys,

Just got a 50% off plat as a login reward, lasts for 2 days. I didn't want to waste this so I was considering the 1000 plat for $25 USD. I am a new player so I don't know much.

I was wondering, if buying plat is worth it, and what I should spend the plat on? I know about inventory slots but what about weapons/warframes? Should I buy those with plat? Or buy the components to build them? Also is rushing with plat worth it?

I also want to buy good mods but the packs are randomized, I don't want to waste plat on something I don't want or need.

Thanks guys

16 answers to this question

"Worth it" is a decision only you can make. If you prefer buying weapons or bundles in plat then 1000p won't get you too far, but if you're only using it to buy frame slots (20p each) and/or weapon slits (12p for two) then 1000 will see you right for quite a while.

if you're after specific mods, the trade channel is the best way to get them. Most decent normal mods will only cost a few plat each, and even the rarer corrupted ones can usually be had for 20-25p. Syndicate ones also for about 15-20p.

Edited by ACorpse

I know about inventory slots but what about weapons/warframes? Should I buy those with plat? Or buy the components to build them? Also is rushing with plat worth it?

I also want to buy good mods but the packs are randomized, I don't want to waste plat on something I don't want or need.

In order: No, no, very no, and GOOD LORD NO DO NOT BUY MOD PACKS

The only thing you need plat for is inventory slots and buying super rare things from other players. And also some cosmetics, if you like that sort of thing

Edited by TARINunit9

If you are still new I would suggest just sticking to slots for now or maybe a couple of cosmetics. I would hold off of buying frames though. You can get a couple early on pretty easily and some others will be easier to obtain once you start to get better equipment. Rushing is almost never worth it. At least for me.

For mods you can try trading chat but very wary as some people like to make a target out of new players. There are some generous people who give out mods to newer players but be careful. I think it's just better to farm for them, but you can buy them from other players.

Oh how about reactors and catalysts?

Those are sometimes worth plat. There's usually a free one about once a week, but it appears on a random planet (of which there are 14) so a newbie like yourself might not be able to reach it at first

Edited by TARINunit9

Ooooh I just got a catalyst blueprint .... that's so good isn't it? Any way to get a reactor blueprint?

Both of them come from random alerts and/or "invasion battles" (listed under the fist-shaped icon in your navigation, known as "Grineer Offensive" and "Corpus Seige"). Also, a random blueprint alert is given out every second friday as a "Gift of the Lotus"

Between these two, there's usually one blueprint every week, on average

Word of advise; don't buy that much, buy less and when you get discount again buy more, you don't know what to do with 1000 plat now anyway.

I am buying 5$ for each 75% discount I get (=370P), 4x by now. 

For a starters buy 12 frame slots, 30 weapon slots, 1 good color pack (I recommend: tenno) 1 good syndana (asa or uru are my picks), don't buy anything else. Always keep 100-200P in reserve, you will need it to "potatoe" gear you like. 

Also, you will probably need to invest in some essential mods if you're total noob. 5P per mod. You need like 10 minimally. Try to ask your clanmates for possible freebies. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

Word of advise; don't buy that much, buy less and when you get discount again buy more, you don't know what to do with 1000 plat now anyway.

I am buying 5$ for each 75% discount I get (=370P), 4x by now. 

For a starters buy 12 frame slots, 30 weapon slots, 1 good color pack (I recommend: tenno) 1 good syndana (asa or uru are my picks), don't buy anything else. Always keep 100-200P in reserve, you will need it to "potatoe" gear you like. 

Also, you will probably need to invest in some essential mods if you're total noob. 5P per mod. You need like 10 minimally. Try to ask your clanmates for possible freebies. 

Thanks for the advice man :) Hhahahaha I've already got so many freebies, like galatine stance and 10+ gold mods. I'm stronger than I actually should be..... xD

Shinra's Plat spending priorities:

1: Slots (you can never have enough weapons)

2: Cosmetics* (I only think syandanas are worth it)

3 Save the rest for trading with others (buying new baro items if you dont have ducats, buying new prime parts, mods etc)

* Other cosmetics are purely subjective, so buy according to preference. i would recommend the following:

Infested color for nice blues and purples, otherwise wait for halloween, shamrock, christmas packs to get pretty much all of the primary shades of colors (reds, yellows, greens, and blues)

Armor sets are worth it unless you want to wait for Prisma Daedalus and Eos Prime from Baro

Some also like to save plat for rushing foundry items, i wont recommend it unless you are seriously desperate to play newly released items.

In addition to what others have said.

If you get the 75% off and have the money I would absolutely get the top pack. It's 50$ for over 4k plat and some rare mods. It's the price of a game and if you put lots of the play into slots for frames and we slots you will be set for the rest of the game and still have a bunch after for rare mods on trade.