Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Proof Of The Warframe Psyche And A Disturbing Question

Evanescent

This mind of warframe might be imprint from operators mind being so long inside, creating patterns for thought or forced infested flesh to create brain. So at first it was mindless golem, but with time contact with tenno could have created sapience/sentience. Yet it still needs it's tenno brand battery at very least.

This frame mind would be reason for remembering frame quirks.

So, in regards to imprints and whatnot, there's this theory IRL about possibly implanting an AI based on really human personality into a robotic form.

Which is exactly what I believe the systems of a Warframe to represent.

When my Valkyr ripped the War out of her, I didn't see an operator controlling her frame. I saw a hint of Valkyr's personality, former BEING, tired of being controlled and trying to break the bonds thrown back on her.

That fair enough, but is that what DE intended to convey? Surely you want to understand what was intended yes?

Surely I assumed the cutscene was the same for everybody. Surely I could've been a Loki or Vauban and have a completely different idea of what happened, but its easy to run away with theories (My Excal ripped it out because Hunhow resonated with it since Stalker was an Excal!) But with all the stuff on Valkyr in the past its much, much easier to view her as sentient than many of the others.

I still think we are missing a piece. The name Devils, the stopping of the voices.

I don't think those pieces are missing, I think Pavelord is right that the "voices" are what is neutralized by the "Margulis implant" in the warframe - with the "voices" being the call of the Infested hive-mind on the Infested/organic part of the warframe, intruding into the Tenno's consciousness, as they pilot the warframe Avatar-style.

"Devils" just reflects the way the Zariman kids were looked upon by the Orokin.  They basically killed the crew (and presumably their parents) by accident.  You could probably make a whole game out of it, with something of the horror vibe of BioShock - you've got all these kids with strange abilities who don't know how to control them wreaking havoc, and probably a counter-effort by the crew/parents to try and bring them under control - "treated us like rats" - i.e. there's a whole drama there.  At any rate, when they were discovered, the Orokin feared the "devils" and and were ready to destroy them ("rejects") - it's only Kaleen Margulis who really understood and had pity on them and tried to figure out a way they could live lives and bring their abilities under control (the system that eventually became "Transference" - i.e. consciousness transference into the warframes).

It's actually quite a powerful and moving story.

Edited by Omnimorph